Game of Thrones

Did anyone else think the last two episodes were rather lackluster?

Still love the show! Can't wait to see what season 2 has in store. According to the books it will be really good!

I think the 2 two were amoung my favourite.

The 9th has the biggest ending, even though as a reader I knew it was coming. I thought the 10th did well dealing with the aftermath and setting up next season. Jon and Dany's final scenes of the season were pretty epic.

Well, I'm making my way through the first book of the series, and so far I've been pretty impressed with how closely the tv show follows the book - especially with how much dialogue is literally pulled off the page.

LinksOcarina said:
Read the first two books and so far it's been fairly faithful...can't wait to see the next season.

I'm almost finished with the first and I've recorded the first season from television. Curiosity got the better of me so I played the first few episodes on fast-forward and, while I like some of the casting, a faithful but only fairly adaptation is quite right.

Mad Men has lost the luster for me. I saw season one and bits of season two and three...but honestly it just feels like nothing special in the end.

Not sure why it keeps winning, well acted for sure but it just feels...boring to me.

Umm, maybe because it catches the period really well and the way it handles the undercurrents that were happening at the time.

I didn't think that I would like it as much as I ended up liking it. I mostly went it to it with a negative attitude because of all the poser/rejects who were like, "I'm Don Draper, bee-atch!", and used it as an excuse to be modern-day douches.

Yeah Mad Men is one of the best shows going. It will be q drag going from getting caught up on Netflix to watching it with commercial breaks and waiting a week. I'm spoiled.

I haven't seen the show yet but I have been making my way through the books. I'm about halfway through the 2nd. I'll probably rent the dvd sometime so I can watch them all at once.

My favorite character is Tyrion by far. He might not do the bad ass killing, but he's just doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks (besides his father for some reason) and will say just about anything to anyone.

Hodor would've made a fine knight, had the gods not taken his wits.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod