mother f*cking Game of Thrones

Yeah, that's the prominent theory and one that I share. The only person left alive that knows the truth is Howland Reed and he hasn't even appeared in the books yet. The only other way I think they could possibly find out the truth about (Book 5 spoilers) Jon's parentage is maybe something involving Bran's ability to see the past through the heart trees.

Got a question...

Viserys is killed by the molten gold, and Daenyrys says he isn't a true Targaryren to die from fire/heat whatever.

Then when Khal Drogo is burnt and Daenyrys goes in but survived unscathed, I assumed that was just telling us that she IS a true Targaryren.

But I read in somewhere that it was just the witches life being traded for Daenyrys' life.. which makes no sense to me, as the life trade was already made between her son and Khal Drogo.. (Still no idea what the purpose of the horses life was though)

I just assumed it was showing us Daenyrys is a true Targaryren and that is why the flames did not hurt her.

she cant be hurt by heat or fire because she has the dragons blood, hence why she was in the scolding pool in her first scene, the flaming pyre, and later on she encounters fire again to no damage, it's got nothing to do with blood magi

Mirri Maz Duur should've kept her mouth shut. She called Daenyrys "mad" at the wrong time. Dany wasn't taking no guff at the moment. "It's not you screams i want, it's your life. I remember what you told me: only death can pay for life." Danny was simply killing Mirri Maz Duur.

"When a horse lord dies, his horse is slain with him so he might ride proud into the Nightlands."

"Tiny flames went darting up the wood
A rising heat puffed at her face, soft and sudden as her lover's breath, but in seconds it had grown too hot to bare. Dany stepped backward."

The heat from the pyre drove everyone back, but Dany stood her ground.

"and for an instant she glimpsed Khal Drogo before her, mounted on his smoky stallion, a flaming lash in his hand."

It's simple, really: the Rand Corporation, in conjunction with the saucer people, under the supervision of the reverse vampires...

Thats what i figured icepick. Dunno where the book wiki page got the idea it was a traded life. Figured maybe it could have been something not explained well from the transition from book to screen

Plenty of Targaryens died from fire in the past, Daenyrys is just one of the special/magical ones who is immune. (Book 5 spoilers) It probably has something to do with that Valerian horn that can supposedly control dragons but fills the user's lungs with fire.

Chris_Crime said:
It's plausible that the molten metal killed Viserys, not the heat. I thought so.

The molten metal wouldnt affect his flesh it would just mould around the shape of his head, not killing him. Just be a tight as shit helmet. He may die soon after from complications but not instantly.

That and Daenyrys said he wasnt a true Targaeryn because of the fact it killed him.

It really sucks that im gonna have to read these books. I hate reading fiction books. But i wanna know the whole story.

In all honesty man, look at me, I am clearly not the reading type, but I'm head over heels with this series and found the books superb, well minus the majority of the 4th book, but you can tell that's setting the stage for some major shit to go down

and I think maybe what you read about Mirri's death paying for life, they may have been referencing the dragons coming to life

I've got like 400 pages left in A Dance With Dragons and the book is fucking insane. Way better than the show. I'm insanely addicted to the series that I keep reading the ASOIAF wiki. I have no idea what I'm going to do once I'm done with ADWD.

Icepick said:
In all honesty man, look at me, I am clearly not the reading type, but I'm head over heels with this series and found the books superb, well minus the majority of the 4th book, but you can tell that's setting the stage for some major shit to go down

and I think maybe what you read about Mirri's death paying for life, they may have been referencing the dragons coming to life

Just like 1 and 2 were staging so much shit for Book 3, Books 4 and 5 are staging so much for Book 6. Unless, Book 5 has some badass shit I haven't gotten to yet, but it seems like Book 6 is going to be a lot like ASOS. I'm so fucking pumped.

I personally really liked Book 4, even if nothing major happens. It was just fascinating and built so much on the world.

incognito said:
Icepick said:

Just like 1 and 2 were staging so much shit for Book 3, Books 4 and 5 are staging so much for Book 6. Unless, Book 5 has some badass shit I haven't gotten to yet, but it seems like Book 6 is going to be a lot like ASOS. I'm so fucking pumped.

I personally really liked Book 4, even if nothing major happens. It was just fascinating and built so much on the world.

I've been mired in book 4 for months. Seriously, every time I come to a Cersei chapter, I'm like, "WHY WON'T YOU JUST FUCKING DIE AND GO AWAY," because holy shit is she the worst now. Also, Brienne, because her story arch is BORING AS FUCK. But yeah, I've struggled to keep myself interested in between being super busy with school.

Actually Cersei's chapters were what kept me going through a feast for crows, her dive into madness is quite entertaining

Brienne chapters are awful and I stopped reading around 200 pages in, because I was so bored with her chapters and couldn't get through one. Brienne's final chapters in the book are great though, so its worth it.

Icepick said:
Actually Cersei's chapters were what kept me going through a feast for crows, her dive into madness is quite entertaining

Bitch deserved it too.

I need to finish a Feast for Crows though in the end. I kind of stopped early on in the story because I got so swamped for time, and I don't want to be spoiled so I likely won't be watching Season 3 for a while now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod