Game of Thrones

GRColin

Rookie
I'm not sure if anyone has been watching HBO's "Game of Thrones" based off the George R.R Martin literary fantasy series, "A Song of Ice and Fire". It premiered back in April so I'm a little late to make a topic. Anyways, here's the plot description of the series from Wikipedia:

The story of A Song of Ice and Fire takes place in a fictional world, primarily upon a continent called Westeros but also on a large landmass to the east, known as Essos.[5] Most of the characters are human but as the series progresses other races are introduced, such as the cold and menacing Others from the far North and fire-breathing dragons from the East, both races thought to be extinct by the people of the story. There are three principal storylines in the series: the chronicling of a dynastic civil war for control of Westeros among several competing families; the rising threat of the Others, who dwell beyond an immense wall of ice that forms Westeros' northern border; and the ambition of Daenerys Targaryen, the exiled daughter of a king who was murdered in another civil war 15 years previously, to return to Westeros and claim her rightful throne. As the series progresses, all three storylines become increasingly interwoven and dependent on each other.

It's a riveting, deep storyline full of betrayal, bloodshed, loyalty and deception....I really recommend anyone who hasn't already seen it goes and checks it out. The description leaves out the Lanister and Stark families who have their own rivalry that leads to some pretty intense moments. Aside from high production values and great acting it also has Sean Bean A.K.A Boromir in it!

I've been telling people to watch this since the first episode!

I've seen up to episode 5 or so and it's been pretty damn good actually - obviously not as good as the book (read it, the entire series is fucking awesome) - but still good none the less.

De-Ting said:
Green_Lantern said:
I don't have HBO either and I've watched it.............
WELL AREN'T YOU LUCKY.
I think he's hinting you toward the fact that you:
A.) Cannot watch a show normally
and
B.) Are on the internet

If you can't figure out what to do in this case, there's a problem.

How do you think i get to watch the latest eps of Top Gear without waiting the 6-8 months it generally takes Aussie stations to get it?

2zgg1vk_Captain_Obvious_FINALLY_FOUND-s410x544-15644-580.jpg

I've yet to watch a single episode!
Hoping HBO does a marathon before the season finale, like usual. dvr possibly. man, I really need to get my time management under control.

When it premiered I was excited for it and honestly I couldn't get into it for some reason, I didn't think it was bad or anything of that nature it just didn't pull me in enough to continue watching the series. Before anyone gets pissed I did love Boardwalk Empire if that makes up for the sentence I wrote.

Chris_Crime said:
When it premiered I was excited for it and honestly I couldn't get into it for some reason, I didn't think it was bad or anything of that nature it just didn't pull me in enough to continue watching the series. Before anyone gets pissed I did love Boardwalk Empire if that makes up for the sentence I wrote.

Delorean88 said:

You have to realize that the first episode was mainly introducing characters and setting up the story...The series has been almost exactly like all of the books in one way - they start off kinda slow, but pick up MAJOR steam about half way through and conclude with an epic finish.

I love this show. My brother raves about the books and we've been looking forward to the show since we heard about it, and it has exceeded both our expectations. The last episode I saw was You Win or You Die, and I plan on watching the rest soon enough.

Awesome show, even if you aren't into fantasy or medieval settings.

I've become a big fan of this series. I heard about the hype the show was generating, and decided a couple of weeks out from the first ep to start reading the books.

By the time the first ep was out I had read most of the first book so was safe to proceed with the show without book spoilers. I finished the 4th book last week which is pretty good timing with the 5th coming out this week.

The show is pretty awesome, but the books are amoung the best I've ever read. I highly recommend the books to those who have already seen the show and those that are yet to watch.

Wow. Rekkie is back. Yay.

And glad you enjoyed both the books and the show. I'll have to read the books some time. I hold out hope that some of the Starks are still alive since from my understanding Jon Snow, Arya, and the two youngest sons and Sansa are still alive at the end of book four correct?

Lethean said:
Wow. Rekkie is back. Yay.

And glad you enjoyed both the books and the show. I'll have to read the books some time. I hold out hope that some of the Starks are still alive since from my understanding Jon Snow, Arya, and the two youngest sons and Sansa are still alive at the end of book four correct?

Yeah there's still a few Stark's. They still make up many of the major characters, but there are new characters that come in and existing characters that take on larger roles.

As the series go on, more and more the main characters get separated from each other and each has their own stories with other characters in it, it's a pretty amazing cast of characters.

I'm not so much back but just visiting from time to time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod