Dead Space

Got a chance to play it this weekend. You have to play with all the lights turned off, and if you have it - surround sound. All the sounds of things falling through pipes, metal banging on metal. It really creeps you out.

I normally just visit best buy for my games. If the game's release is the 15th the game will be there... just in the warehouse. I just always ask an employee and they'll go in the back, price it, and deliver it to the front desk. Everyone else waits till the 16th because they will only price and shelf it the next day. It's like this at most best buys here in Chicago.

Trippysmurf said:
Got a chance to play it this weekend. You have to play with all the lights turned off, and if you have it - surround sound. All the sounds of things falling through pipes, metal banging on metal. It really creeps you out.
Definitely. I played most of it on a large screen HD with surround sound, and the parts I played on my SD just did not compare. You lose a lot of the effect without surround sound in a pitch black room.

Just rented it out because im poor.

I must say, the games atmosphere is fantastic. I actually am scared of playing it, which is a rarity in games for me. Plus, there were a few instances where the enemies snuck up on me, without making a sound until I feel them grab a hold of me from back and slice my head off.

Very impressive, despite some control issues.

My friend brought it over last night, and we camped out in my room with some vitamin water and honey bunches of oats, playing through this thing. We got to about level 7 in two or three hours on Hard. It's a pretty cool game, I think EA really hit something with the 3rd-Person shooter idea. It definitely worked for Army of Two, but after a while this game eventually started losing its scariness. Until *spoiler ahead* the invincible mutations, the doctor, saving your girlfriend, and the people attacking you from elevators, the game didn't really give me any chills. It was very fun while it lasted though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod