Amy

TheDiesel

Rookie
One of the newest titles out on XBLA and PSN according to IGN is "unplayable", which given their track record of reviewing titles actually has me interested in the game. Here's a tidbit from the IGN Review explaining the plot of Amy:

Amy puts you in the role of Lana, a woman responsible for the well-being of a little girl named Amy. As the game starts out, Lana and Amy are travelling aboard a train when an explosion sends the train rolling, turning Lana's and Amy's lives upside down. From there on out, Amy's special gifts unfold before your very eyes.

Review Link: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1216343p1.html

What do y'all think of it? Once I get paid Friday, I might invest $10 to see how bad it really is.

I'm going to take Sterling's advice on this one. He's said multiple times since Monday that AMY is unplayable and not worth $5 let alone the $10-$13 they the publisher is charging.

Which is fine with me since I only heard about it for the first time last week.

UrbanMasque said:
If it has sooo many problems how did it make it to the end user - don't they test it?

You can use that exact line for a lot of games that have been released over the last few years. The main excuse they use to justify it is that they figure since everyone is connected online now that they can just patch it up later. Meeting the release date is the only thing that matters for most of the publishers, whether the game is ready or not.

C_nate said:
UrbanMasque said:
If it has sooo many problems how did it make it to the end user - don't they test it?

You can use that exact line for a lot of games that have been released over the last few years. The main excuse they use to justify it is that they figure since everyone is connected online now that they can just patch it up later. Meeting the release date is the only thing that matters for most of the publishers, whether the game is ready or not.
lol, Skyrim. :roll:

IGN is not SO bad that them saying a game is unplayable would make me think the game could be good, I would trust it.

Like someone here said, it's far more likely IGN would give a terrible game a decent rating, than a decent game a terrible rating. It's safe to say if IGN hates the game, it's BAD.

Also, and I don't like IGN, I'm not trying to make them look good. But I do have to say, I find their review scores VERY similar to GR's as of late.

Seconded. Though it's more a common tread in game reviewing and journalism in general.

It's all bought/strongarmed in favor of the big names. All of it. Plain and simple.

Bretimus_v2 said:
TheDiesel...GR Wingman.

Nobody takes the ugly ones for you like TD does.

You have no idea. Lemme give you one awesome tidbit about the game so far. If you don't finish the Chapter, and you proceed to quit out of the game, you have to start the entire chapter over again. It only soft-saves checkpoints for if and when you die. Not when you can return to the game.

It is now my sole duty to beat this game.

Call me an "old-timer" but survival horror was a lot better in the PS1 days and the PS2/Xbox/GC generation..

I'm going to agree with Wes. Survival horror was much better when it wasn't approached from a FPS-perspective. The idea that I have to kill the baddies instead of escape/outsmart/avoid/etc. just seems so simplified.

That being said, I don't know, nor care, about the gameplay in Amy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod