Dead Space

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by EliaSoZ, Oct 11, 2008.

1. EliaSoZ

EliaSoZ Rookie

2. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

That looks amazing. Shame I dont own a freaking PS3

3. Affen

Affen Rookie

This game always reminds me of the movie Event Horizon, but im not going to buy it. My nerves can't stand horror games.

4. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

There's already DLC out on the PS3 store. I dunno about marketplace. Regardless, the game looks good.

5. Kijan

Kijan Rookie

I'll be getting it for the PC. :) I just feel more comfortable playing shooter games with a mouse. :D Although they are becoming better and better for consoles though.

I just hope it is true what they said that the Necromorphs will morph into different beings so you'll never face the same thing over and over again. :D

6. n00b_f00

n00b_f00 Rookie

360 game too.

I'm pretty excited about it. Kinda worried about the lack of a quick turnaround button. It's kind of a bummer that you can't take your Isaac to a higher difficulty level. Playing through the same difficulty level with an overpowered character seems kind of pointless. Guess the launch suits are there to help offset the challenge of the higher difficulty modes.

http://kotaku.com/5057428/dead-space-gold-platform-exclusive-suits-for-launch-players

Having armor that's better than the best armor you can buy from the start + not having to spend credits on buying said suits FTW.

Besides that though, I'm very much looking forward to its release.

7. EliaSoZ

EliaSoZ Rookie

I only wish I had a 5.1 sound system to completely scare myself to death. I'll probably be playing this one with one of my roommates tucked in under the sheets next to me. Next weekend hopefully, this shit is going down.

8. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Sign me up. Has anyone read the prequel comics yet?

9. sparky87

sparky87 Rookie

I thought about playing this game, I might rent it but I'm kinda sick of shooters.

10. n00b_f00

n00b_f00 Rookie

I did. They were fairly awesome and appropriately grim. What'd you think of them?

I'm wondering if any of those characters will be referenced in the vidlogs that you find laying around on the ship.

11. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Oh, I haven't read them yet but I need to. Good to hear that you enjoyed them.

12. Abracadaver

Abracadaver Rookie

I thought the prequel comics present on xbl were a really cool way to introduce the game and got me interested. I'm probably going to rent the movie too after I beat the game.

13. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

GR gave it an A-. Hell yeah!

14. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

It is on Xbox u say?

1 x Xbox360 for Xmas - Xciting!

15. Yokiro

Yokiro Regular

I'm going out to buy it today, I wanted the Limited Ultimate Edition which cost 150 dollars but I waited too long and all thousand of them sold out due to their awesomeness, and I also waited too long even to get the Gamestop preorder which came with the artbook and free in-game suit because I didn't have a credit card yet. :(
    Oh well! :D I sure hope it's amazing, because I hardly ever buy games without hearing from friends first, but I've wanted this game too long to wait any more.

16. plumpkin

plumpkin Rookie

Game looks amazing..may pick it up tomorrow.

17. shandog137

shandog137 Novice

Anyone know the differences between the PS3 version and 360 version. I heard there were significant differences but not sure if that's true.

18. Yokiro

Yokiro Regular

Well, I went to Gamestop, Game Crazy, and Walmart, none of them had it, and weren't getting it anytime soon. I hate living in FuckAllTown USA.

19. Kijan

Kijan Rookie

Good thing I live in desolate Slovenia ... got one gameshop here that gets the better titles usualy on time and noone here knows about them. Quite funny to see that in some parts of America they are sold out but I can decide on which is the cleaner one to pick. :p :D

Definetely buying this game, have read the comics which are awesome and will most likely order the movie. :D Trailer looks damn good!

20. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah, I went to pick this up after work and all I could find was Saints Row 2(haha). I guess I'll have to check back tomorrow. So now I'm just going to sulk and finally start Brothers In Arms.