Amy

Wait wait wait wait wait.

Wasn't every "journalist" in the industry hyping this up? and now they're taking turns shitting on it?

I know that I personally hadn't even heard of this game until about a week before release so it wasn't a bummer to me that it sucks. And it's okay with me when "journalists" or even journalists take craps on bad games.

TheJx4 said:
Wait wait wait wait wait.

Wasn't every "journalist" in the industry hyping this up? and now they're taking turns shitting on it?

Hey now, "journalists" are far better than you, never forget that. I once had an opinion but then a "journalist" told me I was wrong so I bowed down and understood where my place was.

used44 said:
I know that I personally hadn't even heard of this game until about a week before release so it wasn't a bummer to me that it sucks. And it's okay with me when "journalists" or even journalists take craps on bad games.

That's not what I have an issue with. The same people who were doing previews and saying this was great are now the same ones tossing it out into traffic.

TheJx4 said:
used44 said:

That's not what I have an issue with. The same people who were doing previews and saying this was great are now the same ones tossing it out into traffic.

And what exactly is wrong with that? Before a game goes to full release, journalists are presented with exactly what the developer wants them to see. That's all they can go off of, and from what they saw, they must have liked it. When the game came to full release, it turned out to be awful. I don't exactly see the problem.

I mean, how many preview articles has GameRevolution done hyping up a particular game, or saying it shows promise, or that they are excited for it, or whatever, and then when they actually get to review and full copy of the game, it receives a less than stellar rating, or even a bad one? It's not that uncommon.

Hype is just hype. What should piss you off are those people who have the balls to claim there is nothing wrong with the game. So what a game got hyped up? That's the nature of the industry. There aren't many other industries that let journalists view a pre-final version of their product, and where it is expected that journalists present what they saw in a certain way.

I remembered in one of the older podcasts, Blake said that when they're doing a preview they have follow certain rules. For example, they can't talk about the game's faults (I forgot what he said exactly), but when it's time to do the reviews then they could take the gloves off.

It's not that they have to follow rules like that, it's that they have to do it in order to get paid and not fired. They also don't have to give a hyped game that paid for advertising the review the publishers want it to be given, but they should if they want to keep working.

Being a video game journalist is like being a prostitute, except without the dignity.

Longo_2_guns said:
It's not that they have to follow rules like that, it's that they have to do it in order to get paid and not fired. They also don't have to give a hyped game that paid for advertising the review the publishers want it to be given, but they should if they want to keep working.

Being a video game journalist is like being a prostitute, except without the dignity.

I don't think it's quite that dirty. It's just natural to be optimistic about a game when it's just a preview. So previews are going to be more positive. Every game has unlimited potential, and if they don't reach that potential then that's to be told in the review.

Also, regarding AMY specifically, I think lots of previewers have a soft spot for classic survival horror games so there was high hopes based on that.

One chapter down. I haven't been facing many of the detection issues most reviewers have had, but this checkpoint system is going to be a pain in the ass.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod