Comments for polls.

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Here's an idea, how about a comments panel for the front-page polls. Similar to the manifestos and blogs, we could leave comments and discuss the poll topics further. Interesting polls, like the current "next E3" one are just begging to be discussed.

have you read the comments for the manifestos?

"FIRST!"
"SECOND!"
"THIRD!"
"FOURTH!"

I used to read the comments but part of my brain exploaded and i will never do it again.

used44 said:
Second reply, fool. Anyway, stop tempting me to ruin my own topic!
You already did 2nd3rdwhatever boy!

anyway, a comment section on the polls would be great.
Half the reason i don't vote on them is exactly because of that - there really is no point unless you get to discuss it.

Comments for polls = forums

Maybe whoever does the polls could provide a "Discuss" link below the poll redirecting to a forum topic for that poll.

That's an even better idea. Directing traffic to the forums is always a good idea.

I was wondering about something else...That is related to polls but on the forums. Could we get an option to disable comments in poll oriented topics? I was thinking if someone wants to make a poll in PC along the lines of say...Intel Vs AMD or in general gaming about Sony vs MS, the author can disable comments so it doesn't turn into a fanboy flame war and we see strictly what people vote for.

Even if it was something only a mod could do when they made a poll topic so it wouldn't get abused if that's a concern?

Just vote on the poll and view the results, you don't have to read the posts...

I know but the benefit of disabling comments is keeping it from turning into three or four pages of flame wars and board clutter. It was kind of inspired by a few other sites I've seen it done at. I thought it was a good idea :/. Maybe we just don't have the traffic here to warrant that? I don't know. It's my first suggestion as a new mod Used! Where is the love and support that only you and a great Victoria's Secret bra can offer me?!

Lethean said:
used44 said:
Fuck you, Lethean.

:(.

That stung more than a b**** slap from a gorilla.
I doubt that.

gorilla.jpg

De-Ting said:
Lethean said:
used44 said:
Fuck you, Lethean.

:(.

That stung more than a b**** slap from a gorilla.
I doubt that.

Then you underestimate the power of my feelings for Used.

Also: Before this topic gets closed, can I get your opinion on my suggestion Duke? Pretty please with a zombie virgin on top?

Edit: Thanks for making me feel ignored as per usual by you Duke :(.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod