Ways to make the forums better.

Should GR make some changes?

• NO! Change is scary

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
TheJx4 said:
Also, I was going to do an AC: Revelations and Human Revolution thread, but I'm not even up-to-date on those games.

So maybe someone could give them a shot?
Sure.
I'm going to post an announcement about all of this a bit later today before I finish working.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Are OT's going to be more moderated (read: on-topic)?
Yes. I don't want to keep people from discussing things, but in an OT Battlefield 3 thread, users won't be allowed to bring tolling MW3 flame bait stuff into it.

I think I'll wait and see what happens before I post my opinion. Because lord knows I'm the only sensible one here sometimes. And that's sad.

Alright, I'm going to go through and say what I believe here.
danielrbischoff said:
So yeah, the forums need trimming, I just don't know where to do that? Filter Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony into one "Consoles" forum? (there are so many multi-plat games nowadays) Leave PC? Add "Indie" to the Classic forum? Where do we make these cuts?
It's more than fine how it is now, really. We already have a one "Consoles" forum, which is General. We don't need to clump it all together more.

Kijan said:
2. An original ‘piece’
3. Write more!
4. Use the point system
Probably, yes, and maybe.

An original piece isn't so required for the main site, you just need something worthwhile there. And really, besides the reviews, there isn't much. A piece of news sometimes worth reading and a lot of junk. Funny movies and comics are funny, but really shouldn't be the majority of the main page. Still, this site was founded on its willingness to push the boundaries, and it really hasn't for a while.

As for a point system, maybe if it's actually backed. There was the trophy system, but, eh.

FBF said:
Speaking of which, wouldn't it be nice to have a "Serious Discussion" board? Instead of just misc. A place we can discuss the meaning of life, is there a god, and how my chances of scoring with Jessica Alba are. This would add balance, make misc more of a fun place to post things going on in our lives and SD a place for debate.
AAAHAHAHAHAHA. OHOHOHOHO. HEEHEEHEEHEE. HAHAHA.
Oh man, good one.

Wait, you're serious?

As for the whole Official Topic thing, my biggest thought on this is that we're leaping before we're looking. Or rather, we're jumping onto the idea before really thinking about it.

Is it better than having a dozen threads about one game? Yes. Is it necessary for almost every single game out there? No.

Really, I don't mind it at all, and the idea is good, but I really don't think it's necessary to be so strict about the guidelines. If you're excited about a game, post a thread about it. If you want other people to be excited about it, post more stuff about it. Discussion will then be localized into that one thread. And there are plenty of times when this isn't necessary at all. Hell, when GTA4 came out a General topic was discouraged greatly.

Oh yeah, and you want people to come to the forums? Put the "Recent Forum Topics" box on the FRONT PAGE. There's a damn good reason why that was there before. It works.

I agree with Longo so hard. HHNNGGGGG!

Except I think I'm more okay with the OT thing than he is. Yeah, maybe not every game needs one but this will help the mods decrease clutter, as long as they keep up on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod