IDEA: Oldschool only board

Discussion in 'Support' started by Frodo_Bag_Feet, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Rainemaida

Rainemaida Veteran

Nah, I tried chat in 01-03, before I started on the boards. And I used to do other chats too. I just don't care for the fast-paced, incoherency of chat, or the inconvenience of times. Forums stay up all day every day. So I check the boards, respond to what I feel like, then lose interest for about 15 minutes, refresh the forums, see if anythings new. With chat it's like 10 conversations being spewed down my screen at an explosive rate that drives me nuts. The less comfort of familiarity with users and images also bothers me. I enjoy names, sigs and avatars more. Also, chat cant be referenced or anything, So I like the forums because i can look at any topic ever, and quote thereforth.

2. Tylzen

Tylzen Rookie

I agree with you Raine, but might I also add.
    That the good thing about the chat is that you get to know people better.
    Here on the boards we can't really get too personal, we got some topics where we can show pictures, etc.

Though you need to piece it all together before you get a picture of who that person is.
    In the chat, it's realtime, and if you can't take the pace of the conversation :p Then drink some more red bulls :D

3. Rainemaida

Rainemaida Veteran

Red Bull makes me sick.

I guess my intolerant stomach is going to keep me from being with the cool kids on chat.

:(

4. JCD

JCD Rookie

Oh I don't think you'll have to worry about that. :D