Hitman: Absolution |OT|

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
NEW GAMEPLAY TRAILER!!!

I was going to wait for GR to post about it, but then a day passed, so YouTube: 

**Gory Video Warning** 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtqBo36U ... ata_player

"Are you a Silent Assassin? Or do you want to kill everyone in your way?" 

*queue clips of 47 running and gunning*

If you're playing Hitman with any goal other than silent assassin, you can just go play something else.  

That said, even with the unfortunate shooting moments, the trailer does look awesome. Lots of variety still hopefully. I love the way the characters move.

I'll make this a more proper OT when i get home. It's near-impossible from a phone.

Yeah, I'm REALLY kinda frightened with the direction they're going with this. Hitman is about stealth and strategy, not about gunplay and seeing through walls and that shit.

In the other Hitman games you could wipe out the map and breeze through the game, but it's more funner and more rewarding going the stealth route.

While I haven't played any of the other Hitmans, this one looks like a near clone of the last Splinter Cell....

No, this looks pretty much like Hitman. It's sort of a puzzle game, if that makes sense.

Jim, agreed. You could totally wipe out the map. But that was always the pussy way to do it. Hopefully in the process of doing that you learned what you should do to get through a silent playthrough. Lots of options, lots of trial and error.

The only times you should use guns is when you whip out your silverballers and take out your frustrations on a particularly hard level.

I need to get Blood Money back from my brother and try to play it some before the summer is over.

As far as I'm concerned, Blood Money was the greatest entry in the Hitman franchise yet. I've beaten it so many ways, so many times, that I've lost count. I look forward to more of that experience.

I'm a bit cautious about this one to tell you the truth. No Jason Kyd and no David Bateson. I mean Agent 47 was based on the guy's looks and all that but I guess, I'll wait til I see more info.

If you preorder from Square store you get a limited Agent 47 red tie. Haha. Pretty awesome.

used44 said:
If you preorder from Square store you get a limited Agent 47 red tie. Haha. Pretty awesome.
I got one of those from the judges event two weeks ago. They are pretty nice ties, especially considering there's not bull shit Hitman logos all over it.

I happened to stumble upon something which made me, as a long fan of the Hitman series, smile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDa8AB3E ... r_embedded

Maybe I could also use this thread to talk about the game in general. What do you guys think about it, from what you've seen? First I was a little bit scared because the levels seemed a bit linear, but now I've found out that the later levels will feature classic Hitman style levels which will give me a lot of ways to assassinate my target. Smile

I will say that I'm a bit sad that Jesper Kyd won't be making the music though. But ... I'll judge the music when I'll hear it. Talking about music... here's my favorite Hitman track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU3t5Xr-Tvc

I never worried about the game with IO Interactive sitting in the designer's chair, even after Squeenix bought them out. The formula conceived in Blood Money was just too good to change, and everyone talking about the changes in design were people who had no firsthand knowledge about development.

Didn't get into Assassin's Creed or The Saboteur or Death to Spies, I just kept on waiting for the next Hitman. It's taken 6 years but it's finally almost here.

My favorite track from the final chapter of and theme to Blood Money, Ave Maria
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4swAeQGBvAs

Favorite mission: A New Life.
Favorite weapon: the screwdriver.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle