How would you change GR?

tinymhg

Rookie
How would you change GR?

I’ve read a few post complaining that GR isn’t as good as it used to be. I’ve also read some complaints about the inability to edit comments on the front page, and I think I speak for everybody when I say: “The spam filter SUCKS!â€

Put my face as the logo please.

I actually cant think of anything else! Danny, Nick, Tony and the gang are thinking of new things the entire time I'm sure. Every week or fortnight I see a new topic going, "Nominate your favourite quote", "What questions would you like to ask on the radio?" There's been more community interaction than ever before. Keep it up bruddas!

Being able to edit comments would be nice.

I agree that the old GR layout was better. Then again, it might be that I still have to get used to the current layout (even after all this time).
Maybe it is just that like me, oldies have a hard time adjusting to something new.
Boy, does that make me (us!) sounds old all of a sudden.

The old forums were busier as well, I've done a fair amount of lurking back then. A lot of faces disappeared, for better or worse. The core group of posters has gotten quite small, while at the same time also a lot more mature.
However, this is not someting that GR can do anything about.

Whatever happened to the Mailbag? Does nobody ever send an e-mail anymore to the team? Again, this is user participation, not something GR can fix. Or they can, turn down your spam filter folks!

To be quite frank, GR could've been worse. It could've gone the way of the Adrenaline Vault: 'in development' for a huge amount of time and on life support ever since.

Mailbag needs to be in text form.
No one really comments on Blog posts anymore.

That's pretty much it.

I know it's been mentioned in other threads, but having a box on the front with recent forum posts, vox pops, blogs, etc. would probably make community interaction a lot better and more worthwhile.

Also, the flash thingy at the top that has the four articles and pictures and cycles through - is there a reason those are articles being bumped off the front page, and not newer stuff? It just seems to me that it would be better to have newer stuff there.

NickKmet said:
I know it's been mentioned in other threads, but having a box on the front with recent forum posts, vox pops, blogs, etc. would probably make community interaction a lot better and more worthwhile.

Also, the flash thingy at the top that has the four articles and pictures and cycles through - is there a reason those are articles being bumped off the front page, and not newer stuff? It just seems to me that it would be better to have newer stuff there.
The cover panel tends to have the newest reviews, previews or REALLY big news. Essentially even the latest news or what have you doesn't really have a long shelf life, so the cover panel is used strictly to keep certain articles in front of anyone who visits the front page. Both the Dark Souls Review and Rage Review are no longer on the front page unless you click some buttons in the content stream, so putting them in the cover panel makes the most sense as those games came out JUST this week.

i HATE seeing ads on the front page. not like banners... but
ADS, EVERYWHERE!
SIDE PANLES!! TOPS! FRONT PAGE
- EVERYPAGE!
GOD MAKE IT STOP!

gun2head.jpg

take the hint.

UrbanMasque said:
i HATE seeing ads on the front page. not like banners... but
ADS, EVERYWHERE!
SIDE PANLES!! TOPS! FRONT PAGE
- EVERYPAGE!
GOD MAKE IT STOP!

gun2head.jpg

take the hint.

then Donate.

TheJx4 said:
then Donate.

If I donated,
philosoraptor-176.png

would it have kept the old topics up and running?
Oh well.
I guess i should just be happy I dont have these bombarding me when I browse
Enlarge_Penis_Size_Tips-screenshot.gif

MattAY said:
Put my face as the logo please.

Well that would attract more ladies! How about MattAY and Lethean as the new logo? Or will people start to think it's a website for homosexual gamers. Hey not saying you two are gay, it's just, you know, two hot dudes smiling at each other might send the wrong message.

Well I meant my face for my own personal take-over-the-world reasons. This would be Step 1. But sharing a logo with Lethean......*o* it's like a dream come true!

My biggest pet peeve about GR is the lack of platform info in Previews and Reviews. At the top of every Preview or Review page is a small area with game info, in fact it says game info right next to it, that lists genre, players (# of), publisher, developer, and release date all important info, but nothing about what platform(s) this game is being released on. I’ve read some all the way through and still couldn’t tell you if it was an Xbox exclusive only available via XBLA or was coming to Steam and PSN. PLEASE, please, add another line to the game info that tells us (me) what game platform the game is, or will be available on. This would be most appreciated on games I’ve never heard of before, so I don’t have to search to find out if I can even think about playing it or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle