CYOA - Front Page YOU CAN VOTE IN HERE IF YOU'D LIKE

Bretimus_v2

So tired.
Hey guys, so I know that you've all enjoyed the CYOAs that've been ran on this side of the site. Well, just so you know, there's a CYOA being ran on the front page and it's gonna be great. It takes the hard hitting dynamic duo of Next Gen. Yea, that's right the GRumble Duo that won your hearts (ahem, dan and bret) is combining to write a CYOA where we throw in video games and try and screw one another over with the choices we give for the next "page".

Well, enough fluff, check out the stuff.

Objective: Find a job to pay the rent.

Across the desk from Jack sat a small, stone-faced woman. With no idea why he’d been called to her office, Jack was unable to find even the smallest clue from her appearance. After a long pause she finally started talking. “This isn’t working out as planned. You’re good…but you don’t want to be here. My suggestion, find something you enjoy.â€

We've been discussing this in Cov Ops but I somehow still had no idea this was happening on the front page this time. Very cool.

Whoops! Sorry Brett, the post on the front page is under your name now and people in the forums should feel free to vote normally in here. Just don't get butt hurt if the commenters vote for something else.

Cool, Dan. Cool, cool, cool.

I just figured that there are some people who don't hit the front page that often, so I started this.

I'm going to vote here to avoid the traffic.

To become a taxidermist, turn to page 256
Or taxi driver.

Since Dan joined I actually check the front page as opposed to before when only the forum was a book mark.

But I still do all my posting here so

Page 3

Vol 1.1: http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto ... l-11-13487

"YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH"

"Hey! Switch off that racket! This is a very delicate chemical reaction."

"Oh, sorry," Jack switched the radio back to the smooth jazz Cave Johnson had had on before. "Uh, Mr. Johnson, I'm here to fill the assistant position. The hiring agency sent me over."

Cave put the beaker down and removed the protective goggles, smoothing out his hair as he turned to look at Jack. "Rose sent you?"

"Yes, here's my resume," Jack crossed the lab from the door and handed the stern voiced man his resume, but as he did so, Jack noticed that his rather-lacking professional resume had been replaced with the one detailing all the achievements and trophies he had earned, along with a detailed list of his Steam library. How had it been swi--

"Yeah, all this looks good. Exit out this door, go down the hall past the crusher testing initiative, take a left when you see the Take-Your-Daughter-To-Science Day displays and check in at the AI research department." Jack stared blankly back at the man and the completly unexpected reaction to the Gamerscore. "You want the job or not? Move!"

Jack hurried out the door and fought his curiousity as he passed the crusher testing initiative. He quickly entered the AI research department and came face to face with a small, unassuming robot on three legs. "I see you," it said as a lazer landed right on Jack's chest. The sides popped open and two machine guns jutted out.

"OH SHI--" Jack jumped, rolled, and ran to the opposite side of the room, desparately praying the turret couldn't swivel on it's three pointed limbs. Once he was safely behind the egg-shaped death trap, Jack turned and saw a Jack-shaped perforation of bullet holes. The door cracked and fell off it's hinges as Jack looked down at what had just tried to kill him.

"Are you still there?" the turret emitted in a pathetic sounding voice. Jack frowned and swiftly kicked the turret. It spun on one of it's legs and fell facing Jack.

"SHIT, SHIT," Jack kicked it again and it spun on it's smooth shell. There was no way he was going to wait and see where the lazer landed and jumped through the door next to him.

"CONGRATULATIONS" a familiar voice boomed. Jack looked up as GLaDOS inched nearer to his face. The maniacal AI loomed large over him, but her voice was friendly and domicile. "You passed the test! Please collect your paycheck."

A slip of paper fed out of the space below the machine's sensor array. Jack was awestruck. GLaDOS seemed to sense Jack's wariness. "It's OK, tubby human. This was a contract position, so get your flabby ass out of here. I want you gone."

The metal door slammed behind Jack. Time to head back to the employment agency, but... where in the world would they send him next?

To clean up a mansion, turn to page 12.
To rescue a hostage, turn to page 40.
To babysit, turn to page 64.

Hey all, the next volume in Dan's and my CYOA is going up sometime later today or early Saturday, so...vote! We've currently got a tie and we don't want to let Dan decide, do we? Certainly not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod