Ask the next person a question

I cut my hair and grew a beard years ago.

That said, it varies. Though in general I tend to go sword and board over stealth over magic. And I almost always favor nonhuman over man. I mix up genders depending ibn the game.

EXAMPLES:
In Elder Scrolls games, I typically play male Mer or Redguards.
In Dragon's Dogma, my first character was Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. I did him as a sword and bow assassin.
In D&D, my first, favorite character was a halforc barbarian named The Great Rocky (notice a trend?) Who only referred to himself in the third person, and my next one was a dwarf cleric named MacHammer who also ran a pub.
And in World of Darkness, I played an Irish werewolf criminal named Ray (10 points to whoever gets that reference) who focused on guns.
Although I almost exclusively DM nowadays. I've only been DM for the last two years or so.

Stuff like that.

What is your dream vacation? Where would you go? What would you do?

Japan.

I would ideally spend a fuckton of time there, bumming around all the historical stuff (castles. Lots of castles. Battlements and shit), at least a month in Tokyo and another hitting up hot springs. And, ideally, alone.

I saw it in the new years thread about hangovers, and it's weird one: What does it feel like to be hungover?

Japan is awesome, Eyebrows.

I went there at the end of 2014 with my friends. We hit up so many of the castles, temples etc. It's a beautiful place, especially in the winter with the snow... but obviously, it gets cold as hell.

As for your question... you've never been hung over before?

For me, it depends on a few things. One - how much alcohol did I actually drink the night before, two - how much water I drank the night before, and three - how much sleep did I get. I'll try to answer your question in a "worst case scenario".

For me, a really bad hang over feels like I'm sick. I'll have a massive head ache, a very dry throat and my stomach will be churning for hours... it'll feel like I either want to go to the toilet, or/and that I want to vomit, a lot. Loud noises and bright lights will bother me and only fuel my head ache, and I'll get a flu-like feeling where I will not want to do anything. All I'll want to do is basically sit around in the dark and do nothing.

I hate hang overs, especially bad ones, because I'll end up wasting an entire day and that sucks.

To avoid hang overs, I usually just drink light beer nowadays (I do enjoy beer for the taste). If I've had a few beers, I'll start to have glasses of water in between. When I go to bed, I usually insure I have a good source of water nearby, like a two liter bottle and drink lots of it before bed. I'll also try to sleep for at least eight hours... and when I wake up, I won't move, I'll just lie still for about half an hour or so.

My question - I guess this will sorta relate to the 2017 new year's thread, but do you have any regrets from 2016? Do you plan on trying to find a solution for these said regret(s) in 2017?

^Hangover response:I have woken up halfway into my own bathtub with no knowledge of how i got there, and showed up to work half an hour later (5am) without issue. Probably my worse(and only) blackout drunk experience. But none of what you mentioned as hangover symptoms.

Master_Craig said:
My question - I guess this will sorta relate to the 2017 new year's thread, but do you have any regrets from 2016? Do you plan on trying to find a solution for these said regret(s) in 2017?

Leaving my last job for this one. My last job at Comcast wasn't very rewarding and I ultimately had to work twice as hard to make the same in commission when they made the changes they did but damn was there a lot of downtime and the work was easy.

One of my bigger regrets however? Well, it's a bit of a story so bear with me.

My father and I never spoke often. We would go a year or more without talking. He felt as a parent he should not be the one to call his son. I found out through my sister he had stage 4 cancer. I called him, we spoke, I told him I would call in a couple of weeks. I never did.

10 months goes by, I heard his cancer was in remission. He calls me and I ignored the call because I was busy at the time or i just didn't feel like talking. I don't know what it was. Either way, he left a voicemail and I never returned the call.

A few month went by and my sister sent me a FB message and tried calling. I never called her back. At the end of the day she sent another one saying it was about our father. I knew something happened. I picked up the phone when it rang, it was my dads number but his girlfriend on the line. She called to tell me his aorta blew and he died.

So I guess my biggest regret is never returning that phone call and knowing the last time I spoke to him before he died was over a year earlier telling him I would call back in 2 weeks and I never did. Nor did I return his call months later.

My question:

What are your predictions for the world in 2017?

^ Just want to respond to your answer, Leathen, to my question.

I'm really sorry to hear what had happened. I don't really know what else to say, man. You have my condolences. I hope you and the rest of your family are doing okay.

That's rough, Lethean, but you gotta use it. Don't let anything stop you from reaching out to the people who love you. You don't want to have that kind of regret pile up.

Predictions for 2017:

This trend of celebrity deaths continues.

Record snowfall across the globe.

Something big involving Trump.

Europe takes a huge hit.

Hollywood mostly disappoints.

SimCopter One reports heavy traffic.

YouTube keeps getting worse.

If you could make any game you want, what would it be?

At first I was thinking Google Earth: The Videogame, but I was worried people would just explore the world that way rather than actually go anywhere.

So I'm going with a childhood dream game: Take a base game like Castlevania: Symphony of the NIght, but keep updating it indefinitely. The game just keeps getting bigger, with new areas to explore, new Castles, etc. No level cap, so you need to keep getting stronger to handle the newer areas. Story-wise, it could be a bit episodic in nature, but you could always go back and revisit old areas whenever you want to.

I suppose this idea could be applied to any game that feels like it should go on forever. Start with an awesome base game, and keep the team adding to it like you would with a TV series.

Describe a life-changing moment in your life and how/why it changed you.

yorky said:
Describe a life-changing moment in your life and how/why it changed you.

I've told this story before, but I'll tell it again to share with you.

When I was younger, I used to be very overweight. I weighed nearly three hundred pounds. I did no exercise and I ate poorly. I was an unhealthy person.

One night shortly after I turned twenty one, I went to a mate's birthday party, they were having a joint party. Lots of people, lots of food, drinks, it was a fun night. At the party though were these two big guys, who at first seemed cool but after a while when they got drunk, they got a little too hectic for the party... they broke stuff, yelled at people, threatened them etc.

In my drunken state, I approached them and asked them to stop. They then started saying "It was this c***! This c*** did it!", laughing, they both grabbed me, both by the hair (I had long hair back then) and then they started punching me in the chest and stomach. They let me go, telling me they better not see me for the rest of the night.

As luck would have it, as they were getting kicked out of the party, they saw me again and did the exact same thing. Grabbed me by my long hair, punching me in the stomach, chest and back. A few friends of mine helped break them off me.

Never have I ever felt so helpless and humiliated in all my life.

I wanted to take up a self defense, to help protect myself, or at least give me a chance to. I didn't want to do kick boxing or mixed martial arts, because I felt at the time those were "aggressive" arts, and I believed people like those two guys would be there. At the time, I also didn't have my driver's license, or a job, so driving around and paying for stuff was not good... I had to look for something close, and cheap.

Judo.

I took up judo and it was the scariest thing I ever did. Everyone there, when I first arrived, was so fit and doing crazy stuff with their bodies. After my first judo session, which was the most amount of exercise I've ever done since I was a kid, I was pale, covered in bruises and ready to throw up. I wanted to quit. I didn't quit though, because I felt if I did quit, then those two dick heads at the party would have "won". So I kept going.

Within nine months, I lost over seventy pounds in weight, and I completely forgot why I started judo to begin with. My original goal was to learn how to fight, but then a new goal took over, and that was to lose weight and get healthy. Because of judo, I started doing running, I started exercising outside of judo, I started going to the gym and I just wanted to better myself.

Nearly eight years later, I currently hold a brown belt (one step away from black), have won multiple medals in judo, I've kept off all that weight and because of smart gym programming, I've been stronger than I've ever been. I've made heaps of new friends and have traveled all over Australia for the purpose of judo. My life has completely changed, because I got beat up by two wankers.

Should I thank them? God, no. They can eat shit and die, honestly... but I am glad at the very least, that despite such a horrible situation it was for me, I was able to pull myself out and become stronger for it. :)

My question:

Have you ever had something that was too good to be true? What was it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod