smoking cigarettes

Puff cigs?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
trust_no_one said:
Oh yes, that reminds me, I would like to get a hookah one day and try some of that nice flavored tobacco. You know, the kind that's not inundated with chemicals that will kill you. Or cigars, I could see myself getting into fine cigars.

I was hanging out with my future brother in law and one of his friends, who pulled out a hookah, i was all happy..... And then he used Rum flavored tobacco. Instead of water though, he used a mixture of water and Port.... omg it was amazing.... Now that I'm finally getting settled into my new place, I am buying a new hookah and that is one of the first combos i'm going to do. I would love to find some classic double apple (much different than the American version). I wish I could remember the mix that I had that was amazing before I moved... I think, Rose/Mango. Dunno, but was really mellow and nice.

I don't consider myself a smoker but during the month or so before exams I generally quit drinking in favour of smoking. Hardly a great substitute I know but I've never had a problem giving up cigs after the exam period is over.

Guys guys guys.

Only ALL the cool kids smoke, k?

So yeah, i totally dig that smoking scene.

K, but seriously, no i don't smoke although i have a funny urge to do so even though i actually never breath in the smoke into my lungs, as in i never inhale during those times that i may have 'puffed' a cigarette. Where i am in the army now, it is RIDICULOUS the amount of smoking that goes on in there. I'm amazed at how these guys can still go for runs and stuff and some of them even beating me. (and frekin annoying mind you..)

Jackel585 said:
I was hanging out with my future brother in law and one of his friends, who pulled out a hookah, i was all happy..... And then he used Rum flavored tobacco. Instead of water though, he used a mixture of water and Port.... omg it was amazing.... Now that I'm finally getting settled into my new place, I am buying a new hookah and that is one of the first combos i'm going to do. I would love to find some classic double apple (much different than the American version). I wish I could remember the mix that I had that was amazing before I moved... I think, Rose/Mango. Dunno, but was really mellow and nice.

Some advice on Rose and Jasmine: many people complain too much of either of these flavors will cause the hookah to taste like you are smoking soap. I've never had an issue with Jasmine as I am quite fond of the smell, but I have had friends unable to smoke too much of either of these flavors. Although now I'm curious about Rose/Mango, thanks for the suggestion.

As for adding anything other than water to the base: just be careful and mindful. There have been numerous liquids I have seen added to the base to cause different effects. Milk will cause the smoke to be thicker; alcohol will cause a smoother pull. However in both cases you have to thoroughly clean the hookah directly after use or it will either rust the metal, or in the case of milk, cause the hookah to stink up your house to high hell.

^Strawberry vodka is actually pretty decent instead of water. Plus some banana flavored tobacco I think we used in conjunction.

Piracer, smoking opens up the lungs, and can actually help you in running because you can breathe in more air. Obviously you can get cancer, and eventually you won't be able to breathe for shit anyway, but most people in the military that smoke are in their prime age anyway, so it actually helps for running. It is bullshit though, when barely able to breath during PT and some smoker happily passes you.

I smoke. I don't know how many I smoke in any given day, as I buy tobacco, papers and filters and roll my own. It's all about choosing what is right for you personally.

I don't drink alcohol any more, simply because I don't like feeling out of control to that extent. Again, that's simply what works for me.

Would I tell anyone absolutely and definitively NOT to smoke, drink or whatever? No. As I said above, it's about you and what works for you.

Similarly, I would never tell anyone not to take drugs of any kind. If you want to do something, whether smoking, drinking or injecting drain cleaner into your buttocks, do some research and decide if it's still something you wish to try.

Trippysmurf said:
Some advice on Rose and Jasmine: many people complain too much of either of these flavors will cause the hookah to taste like you are smoking soap. I've never had an issue with Jasmine as I am quite fond of the smell, but I have had friends unable to smoke too much of either of these flavors. Although now I'm curious about Rose/Mango, thanks for the suggestion.

As for adding anything other than water to the base: just be careful and mindful. There have been numerous liquids I have seen added to the base to cause different effects. Milk will cause the smoke to be thicker; alcohol will cause a smoother pull. However in both cases you have to thoroughly clean the hookah directly after use or it will either rust the metal, or in the case of milk, cause the hookah to stink up your house to high hell.

Let me know how Rose/Mango is, cause I honestly don't remember what it was and for some reason that popped into my head. As for tasting like soap, I don't use Rose or Jasmine enough to do that, and never have on my own hookah actually. For different bases, I've always used water, but that Port/water combo was AMAZING. You should always clean it out though even if you are just doing standard tobacco/water.... otherwise you may have gotten some ash built up in a pipe and when you are introducing someone new to it and they get a mouthfull of that... oh well. But you should clean it so you can get the most out of the flavors you are using.

Robmiester said:
Once you start, you can't stop. Is is indeed addicting and very disease like. It spreads from person to person, a link from one to the next. Well, in truth, you can stop, it is possible to quit. But I ask of you guys how many people smoke? Its a flat yes or no answer, don't give me that casual bullshit where maybe you have a couple cigs on the weekend when you drink.

I will say yes to smoking. It's just extreme habit and I love smoking. And I do plan on quitting at some point, possibly cold turkey and move on. I'm still young, and you only live once so what does it matter what happens after you're dead?

Another question.. I heard about a certain type of pill that helps you to quit smoking, and have been known to work. Side effect: terrible nightmares. Anyone know a little bit of information about this prescription drug? And would you give it a shot?

if you're mentally strong and truly want to quit, you will. what you will go through..

first day to third day , "zomfg i'm not like normal people, i CAN'T quit, I have to have my cigarettes"

if you survive..

week one - similar feelings to day one - three just not as strong

week two - four - you want a cigarette but the feelings of withdrawal dissipate.

month one - three - every time you see a cigarette or smell one you want one, but its easily beatable, and won't push you to smoke if you care to quit for good.

year one - no longer think about them, the smell and site can even make you feel queasy. occasionally if drunk or under other circumstances you might crave one, but again, it's not a strong enough craving to actually make you cave, or even bother you in the slightest.

i smoked for four years, tried quitting with every form of anything :p problem was i didn't really want to quit, i just was quitting to quit. then one day i decided it was time for real and i quit cold turkey with relative ease, i just really wanted to stop to prevent future health reasons.

about 4 years later i started again when i was under extreme stress and was coming out of depression. i chain smoke HARD this time around. easy access to cigarettes as i was in the city at this time, and had plenty of cash. same thing again though, about 2 years later i tried every form of anything to quit. then eventually for similar reasons to the first time around i just woke up easter morning, told my girlfriend i was quitting, she laughed. haven't touched a cigarette since, it's been about 1.5 years.

used44 said:
plus the fact that smoking hasn't been seen as sexy or cool in decades.

play a tune on an acoustic guitar with a cigarette hangin out of your mouth and find me a girl that doesn't feel thats sexy. and it's still seen as "cool" in high school. anything rebellious or stupid will be.

and the reason people start smoking is because it's always at an age where teenagers feel invincible. rather simple explanation.

Rakon said:
Smoking is disgusting. I'm with Used. I don't understand how people could think of taking up smoking. It's absolutely ridiculous. It should be outlawed. There's absolutely NO good reason why smoking is still around.

of course it should be outlawed, unfortunately it makes the government ridiculous amounts of money, so it never will be. alcohol should be banned to. money > human life.

I smoked in high school, gave it up and now I'm smoking again. It relieves stress, those who don't smoke won't understand it.

As the days get colder I'm gonna try to quit again. The winter is the best time to do it because you can't smoke anywhere indoors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle