I want to go vegeterian...but i can't!

Do you think people should become vegeterians?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I don't know.Ask them.

• I like pie!

• Total voters
UghRochester said:
I work at McDonald's and i'm a vegetar...hahah couldn't type that with a straight text
The reason why we cook meat or any food is to make it taste and look more appealing, and to lower the harmful bacteria that's covering the food.

I say if you're eatting meat, you're at risk with health factors
if you're a vegetarian, there's still a risk of health factors
So it's just a choice of what a person likes and dislikes in their own opinion.

well that's convenient because mcdonald's doesn't sell meat.

and i'm not trying to be a dick here, but are you not obese? you can't really say eating meat is unhealthy when you're a vegetarian if you're quite overweight.

UrbanMasque said:
I was tempted to try the veg lifestyle, for a woman of all things, ( NorCal *sigh* ) ... but i decided i'd rather give her up than meat.

I think you could have swayed her with the proper beef injection.

Trippysmurf said:
UrbanMasque said:
I was tempted to try the veg lifestyle, for a woman of all things, ( NorCal *sigh* ) ... but i decided i'd rather give her up than meat.

I think you could have swayed her with the proper beef injection.
(Your link was broken... try hosting the image on your own site. Stal-)

I love animals, but more correctly, I love eating animals.

Recently I started eating blood pudding and sweatbread, and now I can't believe for how long I've been depriving myself of such delicacies.

UrbanMasque said:
Dude, I actually kinda know what you're talking about.

My sister goes to Mills, where everyone is a crazy feminist econut vegan, and so she became a pescatarian, which is where she only eats fish. And I always hate eating with her friends because they all glare at me when I order 7 bacon cheeseburgers (double homicide).

Longo_2_guns said:
UrbanMasque said:
Dude, I actually kinda know what you're talking about.

My sister goes to Mills, where everyone is a crazy feminist econut vegan

Wouldn't it be easier to just say ugly bull dyke?

schimmel said:
Longo_2_guns said:
My sister goes to Mills, where everyone is a crazy feminist econut vegan

Wouldn't it be easier to just say ugly bull dyke?
Most of them aren't ugly. They are college students, after all.

There are a lot of bull dykes though. In fact, everyone who doesn't have a boyfriend has a girlfriend.

I decided to become a vegetarian when I went on a cruise, and that carried on for 6-odd months. Then I began college.

When you're poor, it's not worth it to be a vegetarian.

Also, I like pie.

I think I could live easily without meat. Once - under pressure - lived few weeks as a vegetarian and learned to make good foods even without meat, but meat would have maken them way better.

There are ALOT of good reasons for people to become a vegetarian or a vegan AND it is their choice. Who are you to tell them they are making the wrong decision?

Did you even consider that one of the reasons may be that their religion restricts their consumption of meat?

There are a lot of pompous "know-it-alls" in this forum.

Ted_Wolff said:
monkeygoat said:
But hey, think of it this way, vegetarian girls will dig you more if you don't eat meat, and in general I find that vegetarian girls are not fat, don't have spots and are less greasy. This is of course from my personal experience alone.

Yeah, but veg girls don't shave...

Anyway, ever seen the fat veg girls? Not a pretty sight...

I don't mind hair. The fatties cheat.

well, as much as i love cheeseburgers and participating in the rah-rah, MOAR BACON!!!! culture, going vegan can be a very good choice for some people.

my mom is dairy-allergic, so she already had to stay away from dairy products like cheese and milk, yet when i was a kid she was often sick, eventually she went completely off of animal products in an effort to keep from getting sick. Lo and behold it worked, she finally could live like a healthy person, and no she did not become protein deficient and lose all of her strength, it had no adverse effects on her health. Humans really need a lot less protein than we normally eat, remember that until the last century or so, people rarely ate meat like we do now, and still today, most of the world eats very little meat compared to the western world. There are plenty of ways to get the necessary protein humans need

its probably a lot better healthwise to stay away from meat, but i think the ability to eat meat was a big advantage before we discovered farming, being omnivorous gave us a lot of flexibility in finding food, as you couldn't always rely on finding enough plants to eat, we could eat meat if we had to.

But all that said, i still love hot dogs, and burgers, and brats, and bacon, chicken, and just about every meat in the world (will be trying gator sausage on a stick at the taste of chicago next week!)

I have entertained the idea of going vegetarian for environmental and health reasons. Yeah meat is good and all, but I have my ideals.

My biggest worry is that I would just be too hungry. At my alma mater there is a vegan/vegetarian co-op that I would eat at time to time. I would eat a big plate of the entree, some dessert, maybe some rice n' beans, it was all delicious, but I would be hungry like, two hours later.

Enigma said:
Did you even consider that one of the reasons may be that their religion restricts their consumption of meat?

There are a lot of pompous "know-it-alls" in this forum.

You know a lot of religions would allow us to kill, enslave or pour acid on you for speaking out of place. What's your point?

Dietary laws, are for the most point, obsolete relics from a less enlightened age. They were based on the fact that thousands of years ago, we couldn't cook things properly, nor did we understand about bacteria, parasites, and other health risks inherit in undercooked meat.

Granted there is still a risk in consuming certain foods, but lately they seem to be based upon vegetables (the salmonella scares in tomatoes, spinach, etc.), thus negating the "only meat is bad" theory.

Lastly, human evolution has proven that we require the essential proteins and other nutrients found in meat. Most vegans and vegetarians supplement this by taking numerous multivitamins or supplements; however they often have iron deficiency issues, which omnivorous humans naturally do not suffer from.

PS: as a know-it-all, you spell "A LOT" wrong.

intoTheRain said:
UghRochester said:
I work at McDonald's and i'm a vegetar...hahah couldn't type that with a straight text
The reason why we cook meat or any food is to make it taste and look more appealing, and to lower the harmful bacteria that's covering the food.

and i'm not trying to be a dick here, but are you not obese? you can't really say eating meat is unhealthy when you're a vegetarian if you're quite overweight.

1. McDonald's sells meat (chicken nuggets, hamburgers etc.) 2. I'm fat and proud of it. 3. I never said i was a vegetarian.
I simply saying their are nutrients in meat that vegetables won't provide and there's nutrients in vegetables that meat won't provide. So if you choose to be a vegetarian there are certain nutrients that you're not going to get from vegetables.

Just a bit off-topic but, has anyone heard about Obama's brutal murdering of a fly, and specially, PETA's reaction?

UghRochester said:
intoTheRain said:
UghRochester said:

1. McDonald's sells meat (chicken nuggets, hamburgers etc.) 2. I'm fat and proud of it. 3. I never said i was a vegetarian.
I simply saying their are nutrients in meat that vegetables won't provide and there's nutrients in vegetables that meat won't provide. So if you choose to be a vegetarian there are certain nutrients that you're not going to get from vegetables.

Me saying McDonald's doesn't sell meat was an attempt at a joke :p

And like I said, I wasn't trying to offend, just asking a question.

UGH defends McDonalds the way Tylz defends Denmark.. the way I defend America... the way intotheRain defends anabolic steroids :mrgreen:

i hate when girls push their vegan lifestyle on a guy. yay, clear spaghetti in a tortilla? oh, some egg too, thanks. sigh, these "Progressive Chicks" just dont' get it.
Give me a chili cheese fries girl any day.

my brother is an obsessive hunter.. his girlfriend of 8 years and soon to be wife was a vegetarian. needless to say she is no longer a vegetarian :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle