I need help!

Are you interested in seeing my drawings?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zhougman

Rookie
ok, I have been working on some drawings for the past few months and i think they are good enough to post online, but the only problem is I don't know what would be the best way to go about doing this. I want to share them but I need a good website and I dont want people stealing them. They are all about games too so can anyone give me some advice?

(ps. they're all about games and crap)

You do know that if you draw eg. Mario you don't own the rights of that drawing.
Same with Disney characters.

Even if you draw a videogame character remember to put the © and name of the copyright owner on the picture :)

But regarding your topic, I would be interrested in seeing your work...

Use photoshop or Corel to put in a small watermark on the image with your name and copywrite, then re-layer it again with translucent 99% blue.
save it as png, then open it in MS paint and save it as jpg.
Now the watermark is shit hard to remove, upload it on photobucket with a random name like "1" and no tags - bang, instant security.

But if he has drawn videogame characters, that he has not the copyright on, then it is illegal to put his own copyright on it! :) Since he does not own the rights.

For example, my girlfriend drew Sheego from Kim Possible in her own style.
But it is still not her that has the rights for it.

h550-1171839081.jpg

But stuff she has made herself from the bottom.
That is her...

Life_of_Miiw_1_by_Miiwer.jpg

© Ditte Marie Martinsen (Copyright is also on the original site)

Haha! Tylzen your girlfriend is amazing at drawing!

I'd be interested in seeing your work Zhougman. If you want to post your pics online I recommend flickr.com

Zhougman said:
im not worried about copywrite crap, really. I just wanna know a good website to put em on

It is weird that you're afraid of people stealing your work.
when you're actually taking from other people, by using their copyrighted material.

:)

Tylzen said:
You do know that if you draw eg. Mario you don't own the rights of that drawing.
Same with Disney characters.

Even if you draw a videogame character remember to put the © and name of the copyright owner on the picture :)

But regarding your topic, I would be interrested in seeing your work...

There's a slight misconception of copyright law going on here. With fanart, you do have some rights, just no rights over the character itself. Also you don't need to add the © mark to have copyright, the very second you create something, by law you've got copyright over it. The mark is there as an extra indicator for slow people.

madster111 said:
Use photoshop or Corel to put in a small watermark on the image with your name and copywrite, then re-layer it again with translucent 99% blue.
save it as png, then open it in MS paint and save it as jpg.
Now the watermark is s*** hard to remove, upload it on photobucket with a random name like "1" and no tags - bang, instant security.

Actually, depending on the detail of the image itself and where you place the watermark, it can be piss easy to remove it. :/

Tylzen said:
But if he has drawn videogame characters, that he has not the copyright on, then it is illegal to put his own copyright on it! :) Since he does not own the rights.

He doesn't own the rights to the characters used, he still has some copyright claims over the image he produced.

StalfrosCC said:
Art Topic! w00t!

/me looks for Grey!

You really don't want to see the complexities of design behind an Annual Report. Its not that fun.

Yes and no. You're not legally obliged to add the mark until you start trying to make money off it, unless the owners have expressed you should make it aware the characters belong to them despite just having decided to draw Mickey banging Minny for kicks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod