Angels & Airwaves

What do you think of We Don't Need To Whisper?

• It's brilliant! I'm listening to it right now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's ok, I bought it and gave it a listen or two

• Good enough to download but wouldn't spend money on it unless I found it cheap

• Wouldn't even give it a download

• Total voters
Or maybe you're both a pair of deluded lateral wanna be's. If anyone's elitist, its you two! Allow me to give examples of why I think this!

In the first post of this poll, by our dear maca, he puts the possiblilty of future "criticism" solely down to "knowing" that "alot" of people are "musical zealots". This is echoed with the late "Well, I knew GR is full of musical zealots" - a stultifyingly ill informed generalisation. In a derivative ideological analysis employed in fields of language study, it could easily be concluded that the writer is presuming the holding of a negative opinion towards this band is simply the result of elitism.

Secondly, the presumption of an image stigma from BoyAnachronism would imply not giving this band a clean slate; assessing them on their lead singer and his previous musical ventures. Why, sounds to me the wry view a music elitist would take, would you not agree? Herein lies where you are egregiously mistaken. My opinion of the band was stated in my original post. As this has lead to the elitist stamp, let me justify why I think this. Allow me to borrow maca's words again:

It's kind of like what I would've expected blink's next album to be if they hadn't taken a hiatus with added effects.

And this is a point I feel must be strongly considered when trying to judge AVA for their own induvidual merit...They dont seem to have any. It really sounds to me an ineffective and unoriginal mixing of the cure and blink 182, both bands who I personally do not like. Using drum machine-esque rythms (especially to someone like me) and post-rock guitar riffs is not something rare or innovative in the grand scheme of music, just in such a hyped magazine cover context. Excruciatingly unremarkable, in my opinion.

THOSE ARE THE HEADLINES. HAPPY NOW!?

/\ Yes, it's just a pity you had to separate a barely explained opinion and the above post with a meandering off-topic conversation with Cook.

Sam

For some reason I always thought this band was called The Adventure.

I like it, well, I'll like anything cause I'm open minded to music of all genres

I randomly saw the music video recently. Kind of a catchy tune, just not really anything I'd like to listen to any further.

malakian said:
Secondly, the presumption of an image stigma from BoyAnachronism would imply not giving this band a clean slate; assessing them on their lead singer and his previous musical ventures. Why, sounds to me the wry view a music elitist would take, would you not agree?

Touché Malakian. Can't really argue with that as such. Still, as elitism goes, my statement was pretty U-Rated compared to some of the stuff on the music sites of the net don't you think? I suppose it's impossible to be completely non-elitist, but you certainly be much less elitist than certain others. Which is where I'd like to think I stand. Still, I suppose you're right.

The problem with the band is their inability to have a decent singer. I thought we had concluded with that. Furthermore if you had taken the time to read my previous post (albiet a short, yet succinct one) you will have noticed I made no derogative remarks towards the band other than the singer. I personally feel that the band illustrated promise but was let down by pitiful singing.

malakian said:
If I was any more bothered i'd get kaan to send you venetian snares for that comment, wes.

,...I like the venetian snares.
=[

About A&A however, theyy're oky to listen to, reminds me of blink if they were serious. So it's not bad, but not orgasmic. I have it downloaded.

Yeah, this band is pretty awful. Sounds like everything else in the pop-punk scene that people are tired of.

Paradox said:
i suppose i have been living under a rock in the atlantic for the past few months. if you're curious, my lungs function like gills and i use a waterproof PC. i have no idea what this is.

i live in the octopus' garden a few yards down....

i didnt hear about em til tdoay.. i was riding in my bros car with him and my pops and i recognized toms voice.. i though it was blink gone emo...

i guess it really is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod