• Amnesic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hail to the Thief

• In Rainbows

• The King of Limbs

• Since you refuse to give the option "I hate them" I guess I have to choose undecided

• Total voters

WickedLiquid

Regular
Well, the new Radiohead album is available for digital download tomorrow. Some of us, like me, have it already.
thekingoflimbsr.jpg

I find this is a band you either really love or really hate. You either get it or you don't want to get it. The internet community seems to love them, but it's hard for me to find people who like them as much IRL... :? Well, what's your favorite album/era? Will you be giving The King of Limbs a listen? Have you already heard it and if so what do you think?

For me, it's too soon to judge but I'm digging it.

Hard to say as I haven't really heard the newer stuff put out by them. I'd have to say either OK Computer or Kid A/Amnesiac. OK Computer just sounded ahead of it's time. I really enjoyed the Bends but there wasn't enough about it that set it apart from other early 90s albums. It was still head and shoulders above everything else out at the same time but for me it didn't have the same impact as OK Computer.

love something off pretty much every record.

reckoner off in rainbows is my favorite radiohead song... if not one of my favorite songs ever

Oh wow, I had no idea. Props Wicked for passing on this info. I'll download it tomorrow!

For me it's a 4 way tie
-The Bends
-Ok Conmputer
-Kid A
-In Rainbows.

I wasn't a big fan of Amnesiac or Hail to the Thief, then with In Rainbows I fell in love with them again.

Personally, I prefer In Rainbows... it just sort of captured their range of music styles.
Kid A is my second favourite though. Hail to Thief makes me wet too.

intoTheRain said:
love something off pretty much every record.
Yep. With Radiohead, I'm in the weird middle group: I don't hate or love them, but I appreciate what they do and I dig the songs that I dig, you know?

Right now, I can't seem to keep up with music. I like to take a long time and really listen to music, and with so many bands out there that I love, I'm backed up. I'll get around to listening to it, eventually.

Kid A makes me smile.

Damn, this was completely under my radar. I will have to check it out. Is this a "pay what you want" like In Rainbows was?

Anyways, I'm an OK Computer kind of guy. And something I've noticed, is that when I talk to my friends, or other people my age, who heard Karma Police on the radio when we were younger, is that OK Computer is always the favorite album. When younger people and people on the internet, in other words, people whose early experience with the band was downloading In Rainbows, that album is always the favorite.

I do not think this is a coincidence.

I think it boils down to how you first experienced the band. If you heard Karma Police on the radio when you were 15 and then went out and bought the CD, you are going to think OK Computer is their best album. If you were sitting in front of your computer when you were 15 and got a message from your friend saying "Hey this band is releasing their new album online, its pay-what-you-want, and you don't even have to pay anything" and then downloaded it, you are going to think In Rainbows is their best album.

And speaking of OK Computer vs. In Rainbows, check this out
http://puddlegum.net/radiohead-01-and-10/

Consider that In Rainbows was meant to complement OK Computer, musically, lyrically, and in structure. We found that the two albums can be knit together beautifully. By combining the tracks to form one playlist, 01 and 10, we have a remarkable listening experience. The transitions between the songs are astounding, and it appears that this was done purposefully.

Give it a try. Its not as mind-blowing as Wizard Of Oz and Dark Side of the Moon syncing up, but its cooler than say, the time you watched Hey Arnold reruns on mute with Cypress Hill in the background.

Indeed. I should have just read the article before posting but I was just thinking of the songs in my head I guess.

After giving The King of Limbs many more listens I've come to the conclusion that if I was to compare it to any of their previous work it would be Thom Yorke's solo album The Eraser. Although to be honest you can't really compare albums since they always strive to sound different.

If this was another solo album it would be brilliant. But as a 5 peice Radiohead record I really don't feel like they all gave their input into the album, espeically the drummer since it's mostly looped beats you'd find on The Eraser. So it's not their best work and In Rainbows is a much better album. But it still sounds crazy weird which is always a good thing.

Then again, I hated Kid A when I first heard it. It wasn't until I saw them recreate the music live that I was able to appreciate it. So maybe I still need to see them perform this album live.

I think generally, Radiohead got better over time. In Rainbows in number 1 for me, then Hail to the Theif. I really like Amnesiac, but I'd probably rank OK Computer above it. I wasn't huge on King of Limbs, but it's pretty good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod