Best Music of 2013

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
What's some of your favorite albums, performances, or videos from last year?

Easily my #1 album is Queens of the Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork. Best rock album of the last five years or so. It's rare for a band to put out their best album this late into a career, but this really is their best. If you're a rock fan you need to get it and listen to it in order, it's truly a vampire opera. Get it!

Here's a few tracks, out of order.

Fairweather Friends

I Sat by the Ocean

My God is the Sun

From new albums this year:

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Push The Sky Away

Really great album. One of my favorites from their all work. Gloomy, melancholic and dreamlike. It was crowned by seeing it performed live last summer.

Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused To Sing

I rarely find modern prog I like, but this solo album from the Porcupine Tree leadman was an exception.

Sigur Rós - Kveikur

After a couple albums I didn't really care about they come out with this. Captivating and even a bit heavy at times.

From live shows, previously mentioned Nick Cave concert and Black Sabbath comes to mind. Ozzy was surprisingly active on the stage and they played a good amount of their old songs that I recognized.

Ozzy was "singing" to a vocal track though, right? I'm sure the band was great but I'm not super interested in seeing shows with tons of lip-synching.

used44 said:
Ozzy was "singing" to a vocal track though, right?

It didn't seem like that. Is he known for using vocal tracks? I've seen him live once with his solo band and now with sabbath and the singing sounded live on both occasions with him doing his gibberish talk in the middle sometimes.

I totally agree with Used.

Along with Reflektor I also loved NIN's Hesitation Marks and Atoms for Peace - Amok.

They were two albums I weren't crazy about at first but slowly began to live them.

Green_Lantern said:
BTW, Vampire Weekend's album > QOTSA.

tumblr_myvh8uyyUL1rb5hkuo6_250.gif

So is Arcade Fire's.

But here's a list to keep this thread going:

Arcade Fire - Reflektor
Haim - Days Are Gone
Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the City
Darkside - Psychic (possibly my favorite)
Kanye - Yeezus
The National - Trouble Will Find Me

Forgot one:
Volcano Choir - Repave

I like those albums! I love love Arcade Fire. But no

Qotsa KILLED IT this year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member