A Moon Shaped Pool

WickedLiquid

Regular
Yeah I know I'm not crazy about the title either but what the hell it's Radiohead.

They dropped their new album online today and it's just incredible and unlike anything I've heard before. I was really disappointed with The King of Limbs and In Rainbows feels like a distant memory so it's great to have them back after almost 10 years.

They've also released two music videos.
Burn The Witch
https://youtu.be/yI2oS2hoL0k

And Daydreaming
https://youtu.be/TTAU7lLDZYU

Be warned that Thom.Yorke has not aged well and he looks like a serial killer in Daydreaming. Although judging by how creepy the ending is maybe he was going for that look?

Both tracks are just amazing and polar opposites of Radiohead's music. Burn the Witch being more catchy and upbeat while Daydreaming is more abstract and... well... dream-like. As always Radiohead have a steep learning curve and I've found that I enjoy the songs the more I listen to it. First time around it sounds ok, but after a while you find yourself hooked, I dunno how they do it.

I'm really impressed you guys. If you like Radiohead give it a listen and if you hate Radiohead this will just be irratating (I'm looking at you Longo).

Lol it just doesn't roll off the tongue for me like the previous titles. Although if I can get used to saying Wii U without giggling I can get used to this.

Y'all can complain about the title, I'm over here listening to it for about the sixth time since Sunday.

I wanted to take some time before I responded to this one. I been listening to radiohead for a long time and they are one of the few groups who I will just buy anything they put out without me needing to hear a single first.

I'm pretty much in agreement with you, WL. I think in rainbows was the last really good thing they put out, but to say I was disappointed with king of limbs would be a bit of an understatement. I think loathed would be a more accurate description.

As for the new album, after giving it a few listens, I would say it is pretty good. It's immensely better than king of limbs, but that's like saying a kiss on the cheek is immensely better than getting kicked in the nuts. I would also say it's not as good as in rainbows, but not that far off either.

I guess I just keep holding out for them to do something like a throwback to the bends album which is probably my favorite, but I guess those days are long gone.

The band has always released sequels to their albums in the form of mini album B Sides. With the exception of Kid A which had a full length LP Amensiac as its sequel.

For OK Computer it was Airbag/How Am I Driving. For The Bends it was My Iron Lung. I suggest you check them out but if you're a hardcore fan you probably already have.

As for the new album I really enjoy it. It's not something you would play at parties like Thom Yorke's more electronic solo stuff with Atoms for Peace. Instead it's more for the quiet moments when you're by yourself and want to get all philosophical on life.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod