Angels & Airwaves

What do you think of We Don't Need To Whisper?

• It's brilliant! I'm listening to it right now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's ok, I bought it and gave it a listen or two

• Good enough to download but wouldn't spend money on it unless I found it cheap

• Wouldn't even give it a download

• Total voters

maca2kx

Rookie
Has anyone bought this album? I know it was hyped to a ridiculous extent so unless you've been living under a rock at the bottom of the Atlantic ocean for the past few months (and if you have, share your secret to overcoming the pressure and lack of air) you've at least heard of them in passing.

I got it the day it came out after listening to The Adventure and Valkyrie Missile and I love every song. It's kind of like what I would've expected blink's next album to be if they hadn't taken a hiatus with added effects. I know some of you are music zealots so I'm going to expect some criticism but in my opinion the album's a great debut for a band of incredible pedigree.

I've heard some criticisms of Tom's voice but, while there may be people with a better voice (well, there's no 'may' about it if you look at the professionally trained singers who can break glass with their voice), I think it fits the songs quite well.

In case any of you haven't heard them here's their purevolume website.

[EDIT] Hey, I didn't realise you couldn't have five selections in polls.

Sam

i suppose i have been living under a rock in the atlantic for the past few months. if you're curious, my lungs function like gills and i use a waterproof PC. i have no idea what this is.

For those who voted that they wouldn't even download it, can I just ask why and have you heard more than one or two songs from the album?

Sam

Terrible attempt at being the cure, and why anyone would want to be like them is beyond me. But hey, tom delonge does think hes jesus.

And im talking nonce sense.

3.jpg

And I dont think even you, could have given me more, murder! ALRIGHT!

Every time i see your picture myra, I have to phone my latest girlfriend and fire her, and find a prostitute that looks like you and hire her! OH! Me oh myra!

You better watch out Brady i'm gonna have your lady, just because I want her, just because I can get her and you cant...so pogo on that you twat

CAPTAIN COOK. WHY ARE YOU BEING GAY WITH YOUR MEN.

POUCH THAT PIECE, PADRE!!!!!

Well, I knew GR is full of musical zealots but I didn't count on the sheer hammerheaded brashness exhibited by Cook and Mala and their unwillingness to allow anyone to discuss a topic on this band or to allow it to die. I don't care so much what all of GRs opinion is of Angels & Airwaves in that if you don't like it that's fine by me, I was just interested to hear what you thought out of simple curiosity. I did not make this topic to witness stupidity, topic diverting and music elitism.

To put it another way, don't like Angels & Airwaves? That's fine by me, don't like blink182? Fine by me again, don't like Boxcar Racer? Again, fine by me... we're all entitled to our opinions I put that in bold that because it's kind of my point, I'm entitled to my opinion and entitled to express it without having to scroll through ridiculous and pointless posts made by those who can't seem to stand people doing something they don't like.

Sam

I think the problem which will always tie down Angels & Airwaves credibilty, and the reason that uber-elitists such as Cookster and Malakian(who is a Tool fan so really, he has no right to comment on people's tastes in music! :p Just kidding Mala, sort of!) don't hesitate for a moment to criticise them, is what I like to call The Fightstar Problem. Because the lead singer spent most of his time musically in a comedy kiddie pop-punk group, he has become stigmatized with that image for life.

It's a shame but very few will probably take A&A seriously. Granted when Blink 182 went mature response was pretty positive, but there were just as many people laughing at the fact that a band who once released an album with the title Take Off Your Pants And Jacket were suddenly wanting to be taken seriously. In a sense, Tom brought this on himself, surely he would've known that people a little bit sceptical towards the "serious" music project of the man who used to be in Blink 182. But on the other hand, it's kind of ridiculous in a sense. It'd be like people not taking The Beatles seriously from Rubber Soul onwards because they were originally a simple, even bubblegum in area, pop quartet, and that's how they should've stayed throughout their career. Which is bollocks obviously.

Anyways, back to the question, I'm not a huge A&A fan, really I'm not that keen on them at all. But they are at least an improvment on Blink 182 and I suppose they are pretty good at what they do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod