The Only Thing I Know

De-Ting

Rookie
I took a random stab at the Goodies section here and found this:

http://www.gamerevolution.com/goodie/an ... ing-i-know

I had to ask myself "am I like this guy?" The answer was no, but I think we should all ask ourselves that question from time-to-time to keep ourselves in check.

One of my goals as a developer is to make games that leave lasting impressions, like those that could make you want to change even the smallest thing about you to turn you into a better person.

But don't just ask that question about video games.... That question basically applies to any addiction be it video games alcoholics or book addicts. Basically it can be an addiction just like anything else pretty much. Of course most of us here are probably closer to being video game addicts than any of the others =P

I personally try to share my games as much as I can. My gf grew up watching her dad play video games and she loves to watch me play epic games like ME and what not so I'm sharing a lot of that time with her. And other than that I mostly play multiplayer games with friends if I can. Nothing beats a good LAN party with friends!

I watched that for like a minute and then went "Nah."

Perhaps I should also stop reading books, watching movies and sporting events because they're little more than entertainment. And I probably shouldn't play sports because it does detrimental damage to my body.

Or perhaps I should just not play shitty mindless games. That's a solution too.

Yeah, there's a bunch of ways to look at it, and I don't agree with how he said you could be reading Harry Potter instead of playing games, but the message is still there.

You might want to give the video another shot, Longo. It's not that long, promise.

I've actually seen it before. The guy who made it spammed the youtube link on 4chan, especially /v/, so it's made its rounds.

Regardless, dude is a fag. Simple as that.

Longo_2_guns said:
I've actually seen it before. The guy who made it spammed the youtube link on 4chan, especially /v/, so it's made its rounds.
Haha...wow. It is pretty hard to take something from anyone who posts on 4chan seriously.

All those other things cost quite a bit of money. Video games are cheap, travel is expensive, the job market is incredibly tight. We could all be learning 2 additional languages, but who will we speak with? Even if all of us quit playing video games, most, if not all, of us will never "make it" beyond a possibly comfortable middle class life.

50 to 100 years ago, half of us would be dead from all the little things that could kill us. The fact that we're all alive means we have time to waste; so let's waste it.

And I agree with everything he says.

I've seen this before... it's pretty old by internet standards. It's kind of hard to take a guy seriously when he said, "Why so serious?" in the middle of a serious video... a serious flash video. He finally realized the obvious and all it took for him to realize it was his wife divorcing him.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle