• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure

• Don't care

• Total voters
SkaRobot said:
dinosaurs could exist with every belief in the bible. God made the earth in 7 days, and not a 24 hour day. a day could have been a huge span of time between nightfall and daylight, so even scientists who say the earth is millions of years old have beliefs that can coexist with christian ones.

yea like that creation museum they opened in backwater USA. that has little children playing and running alongside velociraptors - AND also places dinosaurs on Noahs Ark... XD.

ps - the story of Noah's Ark, :lol:

its all good, just so long as i wasnt misquoted or whatever. so damn, from Gaia to Godzilla, this topic has it all. too bad noone is convinced of anything that they didnt start out with believing.

SkaRobot said:
too bad noone is convinced of anything that they didnt start out with believing.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHH!

Wait... was that an attempt at sarcasm or naiveté's rearing her ugly head?

Because if that was sarcasm you got a big old LOL from me.

I have to say, with a bit of rationality and people saying "God works in mysterious ways" made me a little skeptical. Its like... yes, we cant REALLY explain it, so you know...

I think God to me is really more of a convienent thing, at times of trouble i sorta pray, but its more of a pleading to a focus of something i can attune myself too and not actually God itself. It sounds selfish and so... humane i guess that i probably don't deserve any of Gods blessing and what not. But like my grandmother said, it doesnt matter whether your Christian, Buddhist or Muslim, just be a good person.

piracer said:
But like my grandmother said, it doesnt matter whether your Christian, Buddhist or Muslim, just be a good person.

thats the way i try to live my life, but christianity draws the line between "us" and "them" - living a good life isn't enough, you have to BELIEVE in what they beleive or else you will burn in eternal hellfire you blasphemous sinner.

[on a serious note - if you dont believe in or accept jesus as your lord and savior you will not enter heaven. - ghandi for all his good deeds, sitting next to hitler in hell.]

UrbanMasque said:
piracer said:
But like my grandmother said, it doesnt matter whether your Christian, Buddhist or Muslim, just be a good person.

thats the way i try to live my life, but christianity draws the line between "us" and "them" - living a good life isn't enough, you have to BELIEVE in what they beleive or else you will burn in eternal hellfire you blasphemous sinner.

It sounds like you put just as many restraints on Christians as they put on you...

UrbanMasque said:
piracer said:

[on a serious note - if you dont believe in or accept jesus as your lord and savior you will not enter heaven. - ghandi for all his good deeds, sitting next to hitler in hell.]

just like all the jew babies from the holocaust. such a shame they didnt believe.

and stalfros, thanks for picking up on that.

No, I believe babies can enter Heaven, as they're too young to choose whether or not to accept Christ.

Same with mentally handicapped too, and cannot make a concious decision. Not sure on it though, I suppose it'd depend on what pastor you'd chat with, as with most questions in the "gray" area, lol.

UrbanMasque said:

What do you really know about heaven or hell? It's not as simple as just accepting Jesus and then walking away like everything is fine. A Christian preacher who speaks praises to God with his mouth and then does terrible things when no one but God is watching would find himself in really hot water when his time for judgment came around.

And Hell is not a place of fire and brimstone. Jesus used things like that as a metaphor. More scholarly Christians would say that hell is a place where one is completely cut off from God. Same with Heaven. It's not a place of bliss and clouds and angels with harps. In fact, the bible is not clear at all about the afterlife.

If you repent your sins, and accept Jesus as you'r saviour, you'll enter Heaven. But you have to mean it. Charles Manson could, on his deathbed, truely have a change of heart and repent his sins and accept Jesus into his heard, and he's invited to the party afterwards. Osama, Saddam, Castro, Hitler, could all hypothetically be in heaven (or go there, for those who are still alive).

However I do doubt that they'd truely do either of those whilst on their deathbed.

Religion was created in order to keep people in line and uniform - at the risk of a higher authority watching over them 24/7.
Makes people(especially poor people) content with their standing in the world with promises of greatness afterwards.

the bible could be a true writing, so could the Torah, or the Qu'ran. whose to say - but they all been Doctored soo many times over the course of history i find it hard to believe a word of it.

"Religion is the opiate of society" a famous quote from some dude i forgot. while that may be an effect of having a majority of the population believers, you cant say thats why it was created. back that up if you want to. you could also say that religion was created to keep people from fearing death. then you could say religion was invented to make the population happy without costing anyone anything minus the writer of the bible's fee. you could make up any crackpot shit about religion but until you provide me with evidence its just noise.

I was raised in the trickery and control also known as christianity, and in the past few years I have slowly weaned my mind back to reality. I'm not some kind of master of reason and logic, I'm not a prodigy of Richard Hawkins, but I can tell what's absolute nonsense.

It's quite scary that some of the people on GR that I originaly believed were completly logical human beings, who often use common sense in various arguments can also believe in fucking adam and eve and a guy who floated up on a cloud into the sky.

As said in other posts, religion is a mindfuck of control, and the reason it has cropped up in many cultures is because all humans share the stupidity that allows it to grow.
That quote was by Niezche I think, or however you spell the dudes name. I'm honestly not into reading too much into anti religion, mainly cause I don't really even need to convince myself of anything anymore.

Alot of Christians and other religious people think it's "weird" and "odd" that somebody would believe in ufo's or ghosts or goblins or whatever the hell they believe in, but the funny thing is that believing in something weird like that is simply a more obscure and more induvidual way of being an absolute loony.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle