ID/Creationism vs. Evolution

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by Tylzen, Mar 21, 2010.

?

Is Evolution a scientific fact?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

2. Hlallu

Hlallu Rookie

But evolution is what Ty is saying it is, while religions...aren't. There's a reason religions are done by faith, while science...isn't. Science is what you can see and in some cases, know to be true. In this case, it is indeed true.

3. MikeyVassallo

MikeyVassallo Rookie

Eh... we have this topic. Tylz info should have gone in that active topic.

Seriously, does anybody mod his place anymore?

4. MikeyVassallo

MikeyVassallo Rookie

Hey Sam, check Longo's link. Big ass topic on the front page. Full of debate on this subject. I think you posted in it.

5. Ted_Wolff

Ted_Wolff Rookie

If we've had this topic before, doesn't that prove evolution DOESN'T exist?!

6. MikeyVassallo

MikeyVassallo Rookie

7. KoalaRainbowPoop

well played ted, well played

8. Chris_Crime

Chris_Crime Rookie

Oh, you're absolutely right.

9. Tylzen

Tylzen Rookie

There is nothing to support Creationism, not even logic, which is why it does not even qualify as a hypothesis.
    I think you are using the layman term of theory which is the same as a claim which science does not use.
    With your logic you can also start to question gravity, since it is also just a theory.
    [​IMG]

Actually if you look at Creationism and Evolution if you have actually studied the subject as you claim it is actually as simple as, which one is most likely. The one that is all made up by faith and wishful thinking, or the one that is supported by all most all fields of science?
    That for me reads like, "I do not care what the scientific evidence points towards, if my belief tells me that it is false, it has to be false, and not my belief."

This type of thinking is why we still have geocentrists (people who claim that Earth is the centre of the universe) using old "holy" scriptures as proof and saying that Heliocentrism is just a theory (which it is, but a scientific theory).

There is more evidence that supports Evolution than there is supporting gravity.
    [​IMG]

Maca, merge this thread with Longo's link.

10. Chris_Crime

Chris_Crime Rookie

CMON PAGE 3

11. Shadowcanter

Shadowcanter Rookie

Even the Pope says that evolution is probably the way it happens. Every time religion challenges science, religion loses.

I'm not saying that science has proven God doesn't exist, but science has proven that complex organisms evolved from simpler organisms.

12. Peanutkiller

Peanutkiller Rookie

Actually, I do question gravity. Even Einstein agrees that everything in life is relative, therefore, why couldn't it be not true?

There is even evidence to support the theory of creation. Even though it is not strong enough to prove either creationism true or evolution false, it is enough scientific information for creationists to build their lives upon.

I am not protestant or catholic or Jewish or even Muslim. I do not believe in institution and I agree with you that most people who believe in creation in fact only do so because some bloke in a religious building tells them they should.

I am my own priest, I believe in intelligent design and I do believe in evolution; micro-evolution is undeniably present, but until I see two dogs give birth to a cat, there is no direct evidence that all species originate from other species. I suppose it is plausible to assume that micro-evolution leads to this development over a period of billions of years.
    However, one must then first accept this assumption, which I will not do, since I am not as arrogant as to question God itself.

Please, I hope I have explained myself enough by now; I am not looking for conflict but clearly people are not as open-minded as I am about the matter. Shame.

13. schimmel

schimmel Rookie

So after skimming this topic (come on, who really reads a bunch of clashing opinions that won't be changed) I can guess that most people here favor evolution while the rest favor creationism. Cool stuff. They're both logical ways of thinking, I mean one way says we were once monkeys (perfectly logical, we share most of our DNA with them, they are very similar in structure and social behavior to us) and the other says that one day a dude took some play-dough, molded us, and then set us loose in a playground. Also logical, I guess.

But really, who cares? Since opinions won't change anyway let's just agree to disagree and get on with life, there are debates like this archived, there's another thread of the same thing going on right now, can't we just stop the same debate we have every year?

14. GRColin

GRColin Rookie

Well judging by the fact that I closed a couple of topics just last week, yeah, somebody does Stal.

Honestly judging by how the other topic has a bunch of pointless shit posted on the last page I should just go ahead and close both since you guys are keen on cocking up both topics anyways with stupid pictures ;).

15. KoalaRainbowPoop

do it lethean, do it now!!! we really don't need another one of these topics so soon. maybe if it was a month later, but not a week later.

16. MikeyVassallo

MikeyVassallo Rookie

Colin, I love you.

17. GRColin

GRColin Rookie

I love you too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.