Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Not sure

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But evolution is what Ty is saying it is, while religions...aren't. There's a reason religions are done by faith, while science...isn't. Science is what you can see and in some cases, know to be true. In this case, it is indeed true.

maca2kx said:
Which topic do we have? We've had it before but if we were to close all repeats then we wouldn't have a pictures topic or... well most other topics. As far as I can see there isn't a topic currently on the first page (as in, within the past month) about the Creationism debate and Links' current topic is more about the censorship of books rather than this. Give a link if I'm wrong.

Sam

Hey Sam, check Longo's link. Big ass topic on the front page. Full of debate on this subject. I think you posted in it.

Peanutkiller said:
I do not agree with that statement; I view Creationism as a theory and not a fact. The original question was "Is Evolution a scientific fact?", which it obviously isn't. Even the plausibility of both is open for personal interpretation.

However, a theory rather than a fact it remains, that is my only point, but clearly most of those that answered the poll must have misunderstood the nature of the question, it is the only explanation that seems likely to me. I have a hard time believing that the majority of you lack in fact any form of relativization.

I have studied both creation and evolution and to me it is not a simple math equation of "which is the most likely". Taking in account the fact that they are both theories, I simply choose the one that makes my life more meaningful and gives me the most answers.

There is nothing to support Creationism, not even logic, which is why it does not even qualify as a hypothesis.
I think you are using the layman term of theory which is the same as a claim which science does not use.
With your logic you can also start to question gravity, since it is also just a theory.
gravity-just-a-theory.jpg

Actually if you look at Creationism and Evolution if you have actually studied the subject as you claim it is actually as simple as, which one is most likely. The one that is all made up by faith and wishful thinking, or the one that is supported by all most all fields of science?
I simply choose the one that makes my life more meaningful and gives me the most answers.
That for me reads like, "I do not care what the scientific evidence points towards, if my belief tells me that it is false, it has to be false, and not my belief."

This type of thinking is why we still have geocentrists (people who claim that Earth is the centre of the universe) using old "holy" scriptures as proof and saying that Heliocentrism is just a theory (which it is, but a scientific theory).

There is more evidence that supports Evolution than there is supporting gravity.
equal1.gif

Maca, merge this thread with Longo's link.

Even the Pope says that evolution is probably the way it happens. Every time religion challenges science, religion loses.

I'm not saying that science has proven God doesn't exist, but science has proven that complex organisms evolved from simpler organisms.

Tylzen said:
Peanutkiller said:
I do not agree with that statement; I view Creationism as a theory and not a fact. The original question was "Is Evolution a scientific fact?", which it obviously isn't. Even the plausibility of both is open for personal interpretation.

However, a theory rather than a fact it remains, that is my only point, but clearly most of those that answered the poll must have misunderstood the nature of the question, it is the only explanation that seems likely to me. I have a hard time believing that the majority of you lack in fact any form of relativization.

I have studied both creation and evolution and to me it is not a simple math equation of "which is the most likely". Taking in account the fact that they are both theories, I simply choose the one that makes my life more meaningful and gives me the most answers.

There is nothing to support Creationism, not even logic, which is why it does not even qualify as a hypothesis.
I think you are using the layman term of theory which is the same as a claim which science does not use.
With your logic you can also start to question gravity, since it is also just a theory.
gravity-just-a-theory.jpg

Actually if you look at Creationism and Evolution if you have actually studied the subject as you claim it is actually as simple as, which one is most likely. The one that is all made up by faith and wishful thinking, or the one that is supported by all most all fields of science?
I simply choose the one that makes my life more meaningful and gives me the most answers.
That for me reads like, "I do not care what the scientific evidence points towards, if my belief tells me that it is false, it has to be false, and not my belief."

This type of thinking is why we still have geocentrists (people who claim that Earth is the centre of the universe) using old "holy" scriptures as proof and saying that Heliocentrism is just a theory (which it is, but a scientific theory).

There is more evidence that supports Evolution than there is supporting gravity.
equal1.gif

Maca, merge this thread with Longo's link.

Actually, I do question gravity. Even Einstein agrees that everything in life is relative, therefore, why couldn't it be not true?

There is even evidence to support the theory of creation. Even though it is not strong enough to prove either creationism true or evolution false, it is enough scientific information for creationists to build their lives upon.

I am not protestant or catholic or Jewish or even Muslim. I do not believe in institution and I agree with you that most people who believe in creation in fact only do so because some bloke in a religious building tells them they should.

I am my own priest, I believe in intelligent design and I do believe in evolution; micro-evolution is undeniably present, but until I see two dogs give birth to a cat, there is no direct evidence that all species originate from other species. I suppose it is plausible to assume that micro-evolution leads to this development over a period of billions of years.
However, one must then first accept this assumption, which I will not do, since I am not as arrogant as to question God itself.

Please, I hope I have explained myself enough by now; I am not looking for conflict but clearly people are not as open-minded as I am about the matter. Shame.

So after skimming this topic (come on, who really reads a bunch of clashing opinions that won't be changed) I can guess that most people here favor evolution while the rest favor creationism. Cool stuff. They're both logical ways of thinking, I mean one way says we were once monkeys (perfectly logical, we share most of our DNA with them, they are very similar in structure and social behavior to us) and the other says that one day a dude took some play-dough, molded us, and then set us loose in a playground. Also logical, I guess.

But really, who cares? Since opinions won't change anyway let's just agree to disagree and get on with life, there are debates like this archived, there's another thread of the same thing going on right now, can't we just stop the same debate we have every year?

StalfrosCC said:
Eh... we have this topic. Tylz info should have gone in that active topic.

Seriously, does anybody mod his place anymore?

Well judging by the fact that I closed a couple of topics just last week, yeah, somebody does Stal.

Honestly judging by how the other topic has a bunch of pointless shit posted on the last page I should just go ahead and close both since you guys are keen on cocking up both topics anyways with stupid pictures ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod