Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Not sure

• Don't care

• Total voters
I believe in God, because it's just easy to do so, at least for me with a Christian mom.

Same for Jesus, he died for our sins, ok, I buy it.

I believe, I pray, I try to do good. So, I guess theres no harm in believing.

NjNakedSnake said:
I believe in God, because it's just easy to do so, at least for me with a Christian mom.

Same for Jesus, he died for our sins, ok, I buy it.

I believe, I pray, I try to do good. So, I guess theres no harm in believing.

See now this is what I don't like...

Why don't you think for yourself and not just accept what your parents tell you when you're a kid?

Yes, but I also believe the bible is full of it and should not be looked at as not only a literal piece of literature, but more of a bunch of stories meshed togeather to make a point.

You don't have to worship anything, you just have to enjoy yourself, and if the higher being does exist, then it does exist. We can only find out when we do pass on.

I know that would be said...

I am thinking for myself, I do believe. You make it seem like I've been brainwashed, I haven't. And to be honest, the people who don't believe in God force their opinions on others more than those who do believe. The arguments Aethesists have started with me....God, just shut up. People who believe, just believe and go about their lives. Aethesits are always trying to justify why they don't belive. Newflash! No one cares...

Um, I'm sure.

I didn't need to be "sold", a lot of people like myself just grasp religion. Sure, I'm not the best Christian, not by far, but I do believe in God and don't find any use in questioning his existence. I guess you can say I took it at face value, but so what, no harm done.

NjNakedSnake said:
but I do believe in God and don't find any use in questioning his existence
This is the only problem i have. If you haven't ever questioned the existence of god, then you've clearly just absorbed what people have taught you when you're young. If i told you that gravity doesn't exist and you believed me and never questioned me, wouldn't you find that a tad naive and ignorant? I'm not saying don't believe in god, just don't be a moron and not look in depth at the issue.

But that isn't necessary, this is you're problem.

You guys can't wrap your minds around the fact that some people just accept what they believe without need for deep analysis. The sky is blue, the grass is green, God is real. Please don't call me a moron because I don't question what I've known pretty much all my life. You guys really feel some kind of superiority because you don't believe, don't you? You feel like better people because you question, and don't just follow...Is that your problem with what I'm saying? You're mad because I believe without question? Well sorry, no need for all that, life is short.

Don't be mad at me for just believing, I just do. And it's pretty ignorant of yourself to not understand my side without trying to rationalize your opinion to me.

kingg5 said:
Yeah and the world flooded and Adam and Eve were the first humans. Its all written in a book when Jesus Christ was killed and one of his desciples wrote it. ( Yeah I use to be a major christian) ITs all Bull s*** I mean if I had a few desciples and they wrote a book you think they'd tell the truth?

There's actually archaelogical evidence that there was a large flood. Several different ancient cultures talk about it at the same time, and some were destroyed by huge amounts of water. Also, they found splinters of wood atop the mountain on which the Bible says Noah landed that may or may not have belonged to the Ark.

and there isnt denying the existance of Jesus even if you dont believe. historians widely acknowledge his existance.

I do believe in a "Creator" you could say, although due to my own personal beliefs (I'm Native Canadian), it's, I guess, a little more abstract than your standard religious beliefs. I just think there was something that put us here. As to what it is, or what it does, or even if it's still keeping an eye out for us... I really don't know.

And I also believe in aliens. :D

yup, yup. i believe that Star Wars could have happened a long long time ago. not here silly. in a galaxy far far away.

also i believe the only reason we cant find the lochness monster is because theres a time warp down at the bottom of the lake and he just swims between here and the jurassic era.

So there's something wrong in believing that the universe is a big place, and that there are other life forms out there?

Sheesh.

who said that?! i DO believe in aliens, i DO i DO

well not really, but itd be sweet. sorry if you thought i was knocking your beliefs.

Nah it's cool. I just got to thinking about the universe we're in, and how so much of it is unknown to us.

I find the idea of extra terrestrial life kind of comforting. If they could climb out of the cradle and through the muck, then I guess we have a pretty good shot as well.

i dont even know what the hell shape the universe is. or if its infinite so shape becomes moot. or if its not infinite then whats outside our universe.

these are all things i wonder about, and the only one who knows the answer is God.

^ This summer, God will reveal the answer, in....

The Day The World Woke Up

sorry, you just sounded like a movie trailer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod