• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure

• Don't care

• Total voters
SkaRobot said:
"Religion is the opiate of society" a famous quote from some dude i forgot. while that may be an effect of having a majority of the population believers, you cant say thats why it was created. back that up if you want to. you could also say that religion was created to keep people from fearing death. then you could say religion was invented to make the population happy without costing anyone anything minus the writer of the bible's fee. you could make up any crackpot s*** about religion but until you provide me with evidence its just noise.

This is probably how this argument (or debate) is going to keep going. "logical humans" as one poster put it, will scratch their heads and wonder how the religious can believe in an invisible man, while the religious will slam their fingers into their ears and scream "LALALALALAPROVEITLALALALALA". One side will never end up conquering the other. The only way to truly know is to die and find out. After that, well, shit. Can't exactly come back and report your findings, can you?

I just wanted to remind people of this simply because I can see this topic veering off into personal flame wars. Especially with certain comments that I've read. I'd just like to keep a (so far) civil debate on that course. 'Tis all.

AcidTrip said:
This is probably how this argument (or debate) is going to keep going. "logical humans" as one poster put it, will scratch their heads and wonder how the religious can believe in an invisible man, while the religious will slam their fingers into their ears and scream "LALALALALAPROVEITLALALALALA".

Yup, you are a master debater.

I'm just pointing out the facts. People have been reverting to sly, backhanded insults instead of keeping the debate on track. That's all.

AcidTrip said:
I'm just pointing out the facts. People have been reverting to sly, backhanded insults instead of keeping the debate on track. That's all.

And your comment wasn't a sly backhanded insult?

AcidTrip said:
Nope. That's generally how it's been going.

Um... you said people who don't have faith in a "god" are "logical people" and people who do are sticking their fingers in their ears...

That sounded backhanded to me, ut I might not have heard it right with my fingers in my ears.

I have yet to read anything from anybody on either side that is well thought out or educated on either side of the fence so I don't see why there would be any shock or surprise that it is a trash topic and has been from its outset.

^ no matter who comes up with whatever they deem as evidence [if any, and VERY hard to find for the existence of god] the other side will question it and disregard it.

Fact: Jesus did walk the Earth at some point in time. He did exist.
The Question: Was he the Son of God? [technically aren't we ALL children of God] but was he THE son of God?

The topic is a reflection of the Bible, "a matter of faith" - IMO the bible wasn't meant to be taken literally, certain storys are dictations of actual events and others are stories meant to teach a lesson. [ like children stories meant to teach a moral lesson ].
The FACT remains that the bible is a matter of faith, since so much of christianity is believing and accepting God and Jesus. For that reason no one can ridicule or antagonize you, but the problem comes when beliefs are forced onto society. [via Laws].

thank God for the seperation of church and State.

StalfrosCC said:
AcidTrip said:

Um... you said people who don't have faith in a "god" are "logical people" and people who do are sticking their fingers in their ears...

That sounded backhanded to me, ut I might not have heard it right with my fingers in my ears.

I think he was feigning an ignorant attitude in an attmept to sarcastically lampoon the posters in this topic who actually have been posting with such an attitude, from both sides of the argument.

StalfrosCC said:
AcidTrip said:

I have yet to read anything from anybody on either side that is well thought out or educated on either side of the fence so I don't see why there would be any shock or surprise that it is a trash topic and has been from its outset.

You should probably look up the use of quotation marks. You know, these ->"<-. I had the term "logical humans" in "quotation marks". Hence my point being that their stance as "logical humans" was "questionable".

UrbanMasque said:
Fact: Jesus did walk the Earth at some point in time. He did exist.
The Question: Was he the Son of God? [technically aren't we ALL children of God] but was he THE son of God?
That is still debateable, considering only 6 ancient and roman historians mention someone called "Christ" which is a blanket term for "the annointed" anyway. And one other source, a guy named Josephus, said his name, but it is highly debateable if it's a real source. Some say it's a forgery.

Anything from that time could be debated. Not much literature (save the Dead Sea Scrolls) survived that time. But Jesus is cited in the Qur'an as a prophet and is well known to people of Jewish faith.

"Christ" may be an ambiguous topic in Roman history but Peter isn't. He went to Rome and preached the Gospel after Jesus' death. Peter was also crucified in Rome on an upside down cross. I'm guessing that there is more documents on Peter than Jesus directly.

son of god means sun of god, it's merley the center of the zodiak, the three kings that follow jesus are the three stars that line up with the sun in the virgo zodiac, dec 22, where the sun stops moving south, and appearts at a stand still

at which point on dec 25 it rises to the north for a new cycle, thus son of god, born of the virgo, or virgin, dead for 3 days, ressurected, and born on dec 25

many religions follow the exact same basis, see egypts ra, or indian religion

AcidTrip said:
StalfrosCC said:
AcidTrip said:

You should probably look up the use of quotation marks. You know, these ->"<-. I had the term "logical humans" in "quotation marks". Hence my point being that their stance as "logical humans" was "questionable".

No, usually a question mark means you question something. Quotes are used to signify a direct quote or ironic undertone and since your whole statement was loaded I assumed you were quoting somebody from an earlier post who holds the same opinions as you do.

Please don't treat me like I'm as ignorant as you are.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle