Are you pro death penalty?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Only in certain circumstances

• Total voters
You're misunderstanding me, I don't think any thief should be killed for their crime and obviously taking a gold bar is still stealing but should we sentence the child to seven years imprisonment (which is the maximum permissible sentence under English law)? Forget about the possibility of the child being an innocent dupe, that complicates matters and further removes the scenario from the desired analogy.

Sam

If a child kills the punishment should be the same: up to the victim. There are no "children's rights," nor should their be special protection for them. They don't get protection until they start working and bringing home the bread.

I'm actually going somewhere with this, so bear with me.

Apparently, mandatory circumcision is frowned upon by doctors. Okay, so baby boys having their foreskins hacked off as soon as they're born is now discouraged. The reasoning behind it is that it violates their rights as a human being, or something like that. If a child develops phimosis (PNSFW), later on in life, then his parents are going to feel pretty damn stupid when they have to shell out $3000 dollars or so for the services of a urologist. What I mean by this, is that Ted is right, and children shouldn't be protected by the same rights as adults. I think.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle