So who has an essay on criminals/prison I can use?

GRColin

Rookie
So I'm down to the wire on a 5-7 page paper I have to do for my WR 122 class. It has to do with prisons or criminals. I was wondering if anyone here has one I could use for my class. Reword here and there, expand upon, alter other areas...If no one wants to do that I totally understand. I just haven't had much time between job interviews, firefighters exam, a wedding and whatnot in the past two weeks.

5 - 7 pages? dude, just use double spacing, and on the final page use triple spacing.
Worked all throughout jr. high. Slacking 101

Lmao. Good shortcuts. And yeah, 5-7 pages really isn't much at all. I just don't want to bother with the research and choosing of a topic. And our teacher won't allow anything beyond 12 point font.

When I was 18, I was...shall we say, not behaving well. I wound up having to go the county jail for 4 months. Fun times!

You may not think it, but there are plenty of interesting topics going on inside jails/prisons (there is a difference!) outside of the few topics that normally come to a persons mind on this subject.

It is an entirely different world in there, and much like ours, there is plenty going on. Economy, politics, just about any facet you want to check out on the outside, there is an equally interesting one on the inside.

Just watch a couple episodes of Oz and Prison Break and call it a night. I would help you if I could, but I have no paper on criminals or prisons to give.

Leave the Dolce at home and pick yourself up a bunch of clothes from the 90s at a nearby 7-Eleven.
Take a sharpie and draw on a few prisony teardrop tattoos, walk in there tomorrow, look him square in the eye and say, "I didn't have time to write a paper about prison life because I lived it, man. I. Lived. It." Bonus points for pausing to flick an unlit cigarette--safety first.

He'll be so impressed with your commitment that he'll undoubtedly be forced to award you with an A+ average.

Post pics.

You know who could help you out? Mitchy can. He may not have written pages, but he does have memories to share to you.

This makes me wonder why we didn't share essays and book reports more with each other over the years. This place is incredibly had to trace back to. It would have been so perfect.

used44 said:
This makes me wonder why we didn't share essays and book reports more with each other over the years. This place is incredibly had to trace back to. It would have been so perfect.

I think I may have hinted at "selling" one of Ted's short stories for a "dinner date" with a girl a ways back.

Ted wasn't amused :(

Neither was the professor. I'm sure the dude needed, like, 3 thesauruses to get through Ted's gobbletey goop.

Haha. I'll see what 90s clothing Goodwill has. I'm sure quite a bit. Good idea Chris ;).

I have until....Sometime today. I guess I'll just stick with a topic I already know about and crank out some subpar essay just for the grade. Stupid summer term. Stupid laziness.

I know there was a story thread a while back but honestly what I've got to tell fits better in here.

So I'm in my second year at university and I sit down in my once-a-week Marketing class that runs from 5:30 to 8:30 every Wednesday. I was in the middle of finalizing my major and in order to narrow it down I enrolled in this class and an elective english class. It goes without saying that choosing a science fiction and fantasy literature course made the decision a lot easier.

Anyway, I sit down in class and the professor says "OK, pass forward your papers on marketing and economy in third world countries"

Fuck. I totally forgot about this paper, but as soon as he says something about it I remember that it's supposed to be 5 pages long with three cited sources, not web pages or anything like that, but books from the campus library. I remembered because he made a fuss about looking up the books to make sure we did the work.

So I pulled out my laptop and started writing. I looked up books on the library website and then went to amazon to see if they had selections to sample. I used what I found in my paper, worked up the cited works page and texted my room mate at my dorm room. "I need you to print this out I'll be there to pick it up in a second." I left my laptop and my bag, as if I was going to the bathroom, ran across campus and got my paper, ran back to class and handed it in at the end.

Two weeks later I got an A on the paper.

So what you are saying then Daniel, is that you want to do this for me since you have experience...Gotcha!

But yeah, I should easily be able to crank this out in 3 hours.

Lethean said:
So what you are saying then Daniel, is that you want to do this for me since you have experience...Gotcha!

My last-minute, on-the-deadling rate was typically 2pages/hour.

People always hated me for the way I can crank shit out like that. My honor humanities course knew all about it after four semesters too. They all would groan about it.

Yeah I know what you mean. Last term I had an essay and presentation due for wr 121 that I had not started until the day before it was due. 4 hours later I had 5 pages for an essay and a presentation with seperate findings than the essay prepared. Writing is easy like that....Math however...Eff that. I leave math to the smart ones.

danielrbischoff said:
Lethean said:

My last-minute, on-the-deadling rate was typically 2pages/hour.

People always hated me for the way I can crank s*** out like that. My honor humanities course knew all about it after four semesters too. They all would groan about it.

I can do stuff like that, a lot of my blog posts here took a couple of hours with a lot of distraction, but I always prefer not to. At uni I only left a couple of essays until last minute and even then I was an amateur compared to some guys on my course (one made his dissertation deadline by about five minutes after spending two solid days starting and finishing it). Fuck that, I can do without the mega-stress whenever possible.

5 pages isn't so bad. Back in my day, we have to write up 13-15 page reports on international trade that will bore the shit out of you and you have to use those old fashion type-writers with the clackity-clack-clack. We don't have those fancy wikiwhatsit and forget about double space, it's single space or it's to the 5 minutes in the closet with the teach- wait, nevermind.

What's exactly is your topic Lethean? Just about criminals and prisons in general?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod