2010 Winter Olympics

I always liked the American team. I think that they're the most deep they've been in years. It's a good time for Americans in hockey, and they are showing that.

I think that the Americans will beat Finland, and Canada will beat Slovakia.

I can see the headline now:

One Man vs. A Nation

Ryan-Miller.jpg

Cause that's what it really is, Ryan Miller versus Team Canada

yeesh, the whole game should have been played shorthanded, I think the refs decided to only call every fifth penalty.

Plus the dives, ugh

Shaft said:
^hilariously awful! It is a farce of an Olympic sport.

Those women could skate circles around most men. The only farce is that its stacked in favour of US and CAN.

DocMoc said:
Shaft said:

Those women could skate circles around most men.

Uhhhhh....not really.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=2281644

That story is from 2006, they did another scrimmage this year against a boys high school team here in MN and barely won. So yea, boys high school teams apparently have the potential to win the silver medal in women's olympic hockey.

BigZell2020 said:
DocMoc said:
Shaft said:

Those women could skate circles around most men.

Uhhhhh....not really.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=2281644

That story is from 2006, they did another scrimmage this year against a boys high school team here in MN and barely won. So yea, boys high school teams apparently have the potential to win the silver medal in women's olympic hockey.

makes me lol.. was reading something on yahoo answers the other day where some feminist was arguing if the mens olympic team played the womens olympic team the matches would be even and it would be a good game provided there was no hitting, and likely the women would win since they're used to games with no hitting.

i fell out of my chair laughing, almost.

any slapshot from a man would lift the womens goalie off their feet and launch her back into the net.

So. Canada has broken three olympic records. The most golds ever obtained by a host. Shattering it with 13 golds previously held with 10 by the US.

Broke canadas medal count AND gold count records.

And tomorrow, if we win the hockey game, we will beat the all time record of golds in one winter olympics. Could the pressure be any stronger for the canadian men? If they win it will be probably the biggest sports moment in canadian history. If they lose, oh the disappointment will be strong.

All I can say is go canada, and sorry I had any doubt. The 2010 olympics are ours. As far as I'm concerned silver and bronze shouldn't exist :) 1st or go home.

Wooooohooooo. Suck on it yanks.

And that is how u win gold in mens hockey. Take notes for 2014 yanks.

Also how u beat the world record for most gold medals ever in one winter olympics.

Also how you beat the world record for most golds won by a host.

Also how you break the re.. Ahh I'm getting tired.

Feels good man :D

Well, now that its all over...the rest of the world can go back to not giving a shit about curling or hockey.

It was a good game though, I imagine thats how the NHL all star game would play out if they weren't all afraid of getting injured.

Wouldn't it only be fair if Canada had to beat the US twice to win the gold since the US beat Canada once too?

Seems like it to me...

I don't think many people can understand how important that game was to canadians. If we had lost we would have been destroyed and America would never let us forget that loss. What an ending to these olympics...fucking eh buddy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle