2010 Winter Olympics

Anything can happen in this hockey tournament. I switched on NBC to see how the americans are doing and all they talked about was how they beat canada. Now i'm sure canada would be doing the same if they had won but why celebrate as if the olympics are over? Canada is still in it and both teams played very well. We'll have to wait and see who comes out on top. Then people can celebrate all they want :p

USA going to the semis! that was one of the best games of the tournament, USA had ~25 shot blocks, didn't give much of a chance for miller to look good but he did anyway.

Hiller is damn good too, he had a similar performance against the Blackhawks a few weeks ago. Looking forward to canada and russia

Hiller is one hell of a goalie... *Tips hat*

Time just keeps ticking slower and slower to this Russia and Canada game.

Who will go home?
Who will move on?

PREDICTIONS?

5-4 Russia will be mine!

You laugh too if Americans lost a football game to a CFL team. We'd never hear the end of that one. I hope Canada wins the gold, if only to keep border relations in check.
Speaking of border relations, is Mexico in the games? Are they even observing? I want to make a joke about curling with broom sticks, but I better not. that's just mean.

Haha it's all good. Nobody out side of canada cares about curling. Hell, i don't even care about it. I watched a couple games of it because we're winning and that's the most i've ever watched. Canada only invented two sports the world really cares about; hockey and basketball. Considering that we pretty much gave basketball to the US, we're pretty passionate about hockey. And a win against russia means it's time to celebrate by rioting.

Chris_Crime said:
You laugh too if Americans lost a football game to a CFL team. We'd never hear the end of that one. I hope Canada wins the gold, if only to keep border relations in check.

Hey give our team some credit, they're pretty good, not on the level of Canada but I'm tired of the national media comparing this to the miracle in 1980 this upset isn't even close to that magnitude. It's not like we haven't beat Canada before, we got them 3 times out of 4 during the 1996 hockey world cup, an international tournament with all NHL talent available. Every single team USA player plays in the NHL, alongside all the Canadians.

If you want to make a football analogy, this is more like the Saints beating the Colts, except this wasn't a final or even a knockout game.

kapow said:
If you want to make a football analogy, this is more like the Saints beating the Colts, except this wasn't a final or even a knockout game.

ahh wasn't that a great day..

canada is the best team in the tournament, clearly. they just need to get past miller. they made russia look just as bad as every other team theyve played (aside from switz). and the close switz game was just because canada was still fiddling with lines and hadnt found what worked yet, theyve clearly found the right lines now.

canadas only weakness is their goalie, and luongo is no better than brodeur, and I hate how people think he is some sort of savior. luongo hasn't been any more impressive than brodeur has, he's just had less of a challenge. luongo is still very very sketchy in net.

that said if it comes down to canada/usa again, which it likely will, i'm not sure canada will get by the states if ryan miller has another on night, which he rarely doesnt. if it comes down to finland canada we'll take it. in order to beat the states our goalie, whoever they start with, likely luongo, will HAVE to show up, even if its half of what miller brings.

i know we'll outplay them, but even a handful of good attempts on our goalies will likely end in disaster. will be a scary one.

DocMoc said:
intoTheRain said:
They just need to get past Miller.

The way Canada has been playing the past two nights, it shouldn't be a problem.

theyve severely outplayed every team theyve played but the swiss. and that was just because they were trying to find their lines and chemistry.

if canada had stronger goaltending i wouldn't have a worry in the world. hopefully whoever they start with really comes with their A-game. but lets not count out finland just yet :p part of me wants to see canada/finland final, as that almost guarantees canada a gold, imo. but the other part really wants canada to shut the US up, but that one is a bigger gamble..

ahhh so much great hockey to come, gonna miss it when its over.

It is going to suck so hard when the US beats Canada twice at their own game.

Real Americans don't even know the rules to hockey.

It's like soccer on ice, right?

Just like soccer. Put a something in a netted goal.

I don't count the American team out. They've showed that they are very serious about winning gold in how they played against Canada. They were cool and calm and played an excellent game.

If they want to repeat the outcome of Sunday, however, they will have to step it up another couple of notches. Canada has shown they are not leaving with nothing less than gold and will fight tooth and nail with anyone in their way.

The USare pretty good at hockey stal. An american team has won the stanley cup for almost 20 years in the NHL. Of course the best players on those teams have been canadian but regardless, americans know thier hockey. Personally i prefer it when the stakes are high. The more difficult the opponent the more tense the game gets!

I used to really enjoy Phoenix Coyotes games when I was younger, until I realized I don't know the rules to hockey. That turned me off for a long time, but my bro-in-law played in college and has been teaching me the ins-and-outs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod