2010 Winter Olympics

Rakon said:
StalfrosCC said:
I just love it when Canadians try to make fun of Americans for being fat. I've seen some of you guys... and I've seen Poutine...

And I've seen deep fried ice cream

Stop trying to turn this pissing contest into a pooping contest, because I can tell you right now we will win!

intoTheRain said:
Trippysmurf said:
Wow, Canada did well in the Winter (i.e. the boring) Olympics IN Canada, meanwhile US lead in overall medals.

while i agree the winter olympics are mostly silly, theyre DEFINITELY not more boring than the summer olympics.

brb running, throwing metal balls, jumping over a pole, jumping far.

Throwing and jumping = curling and cross country skiing = god these are boring.

But running? Did you see Usain Bolt? I could watch him all day. The man is probably the fastest human being we'll see in our lifetimes. The fact that there is that moment only captured with the slow motion camera in the 100 yard dash back in 08 where Usain realizes he's in the lead, looks to his left and and right, and realizes no one is near him, its one of those moments that defines the Olympics (much the same way Kim Yuna finished her long program and realized she had a flawless victory.)

I'm proud of how well Canada did, especially in hockey. But the U.S deserves a lot of credit. After all, they did have the most medals. We won the most golds, which is awesome, but I give props to the States (which doesn't happen very often) for the medals.

And that's bullshit that people only care about gold. That's why they give out 3.

Montreal was insane yesterday. Everyone was laughing and dancing and singing "we are the champions", it was awesome. Also what's with all the dick measuring in this thread? Americans lose at hockey and all I see is that it was unfair, nobody cares about hockey, nobody cares about Canada, the winter olympics suck, Canada sucked at the olympics last time it was there, americans are better cause they have more medals and just cause Canada broke some records doesn't mean squat... Wow, butt hurt much? If you guys won I'd say congrats and to watch out for us in 2014. And lord knows you'd stick it to us.

Wes, relax, did you really expect anything else. You are witnessing online human behavior at its most normal. Besides, if the US had stomped it, every Aussie, Moroccan, New Zealander, Canadian, and whoever else isn’t from the US that stops by GR would have started in saying garbage about how the US wastes so much money on training Olympians, or how of course we did it with twice as many entrants, or some sort of BS in that general sentiment.

So Congrats Hoseheads (for the second time) and let’s face it, when you’re on top you just make an easier target.

It's cause we've all moved on to the better world championship that's happening this year....The World Cup.

Let the Canadians go, the meaning of their existence relies on a four year cycle of dinking around in the snow. That's almost like living in a country of which the sole meaning of its existence relies on a four year cycle of dinking around in the snow.

[quote="Wes"singing "we are the champions"[/quote]

Stole this from The Mighty Ducks... an American Movie about an American Hockey team that could probably beat the Canadian Olympic team.

I'm just saying.

Gordon Bombay.

From the looks of it, it was Sidney Crosby who was Charlie Conway'ing the CANADIAN flag around the rink after the final. FUCK YEAH EAT IT STALFROS, AND EVERY GOD DAMN BURGER STUFFING SCRUBBY AMERICAN WHO THINK THEIR LAND IS OF OPPURTUNITY. Canada rocks, kicks everyones ass, and the 2010 olympics were another way for us to prove we are the best god damn country in the world. Gold tastes delicious.

One thing that gets to me about Canada, being a soccer fan and everything is our inability to play soccer (which is of course my fav sport). We got mixes of people from all over the world and one would think with that adversity we could come up with a superstar team of players to play soccer but nope. Can't even score a damn goal in the world cup. Wrap up the skates and we fuckin blast the puck past anyone of yall's goal line. Peace, scumbag americans.

We all need to calm down. The real issue is that for two winter olympics now there has been no Jamaican bobsled team.

Again, I congratulate all the Canadians at their impressive gold count, but have to remind all those blowing their monopoly-money bought horn that "wow, you beat America at America's 8th most popular sport!" (behind NFL, NBA, MLB, NCAA Football, NCAA Basketball, Nascar, and funnily enough, the WWE). Wes, Rob, Rakon, and any other citizens of the great white north the truth is: the majority of Americans don't care about hockey.

Had Canada beaten us in Football, Basketball or Baseball, we'd be impressed and upset. Or even soccer. But you didn't. You beat us in hockey. We honestly don't care about hockey.

I'm not lying when I say had America beaten Canada in hockey, I wouldn't have said shit about it because I can't name a single player on the American team. I honestly can't name a single NHL player's name, either. I have never been to an NHL game, and I never plan on going to one. I just don't see the appeal of hockey and never will.

And come 2014 - I still won't care about hockey. I still won't know anyone on the American team. I won't watch any of the games, either. What I will be watching is hopefully Mirai Nagasu being a graceful butterfly on the ice. Do you understand this: I care more about Women's Figure Skating than I do hockey because that is how boring hockey is.

But I like how you Canadians are bragging about your "Gold tastes delicious." but can't mention any other event that Canada "kicks everyones ass". Please, tell me how they did in Figure Skating or Speed Skating? What about the Nordic Combine? Oh wait, you're looking that up as we speak aren't you, because you can't see past hockey?

Now if you'll excuse us, many of us are more impressed with Spring Training, March Madness and the NFL Draft.

Someone, quick, come tell us how arrogant those American douches really are before someone were to get the wrong idea! The universe needs balance!

Trippysmurf said:
Had Canada beaten us in Football, Basketball or Baseball, we'd be impressed and upset. Or even soccer. But you didn't. You beat us in hockey. We honestly don't care about hockey.

How about you speak for yourself, me and my dad lost our goddamn minds when parise tied it, right along with millions of other hockey fans across the country.

If you don't care about hockey, then shut the fuck up and change the channel, don't write five paragraphs telling me and every other hockey fan in this country that we don't really care about it and are really just passing time till spring training, k?

EDIT: anyways, to make this post a little more positive. I'll say this, that was the greatest hockey game I've ever seen, and despite being a little disappointed that we lost, I couldn't be more proud of our team and their performances against Canada, the all-time hockey power. And overall, I think it was a great olympics, yes the death of the luger was tragic, but it seemed the people of Vancouver were mostly supportive of the games, and in a big way. I would have loved to be in Vancouver for the games, it looked like the biggest party in the world

You know, I made this thread so we could discuss the olympics, and now that they're over it's turned into how nobody cares about the olympics? Why? Because we won and Canadians are happy? Is it really that bad to see us celebrate? If you guys don't care about it then why even post in this thread? Well, they're over now and regardless of what anyone's opinion is we all had a great time on Sunday and it was a huge self esteem boost to our country. :)

WickedLiquid said:
You know, I made this thread so we could discuss the olympics, and now that they're over it's turned into how nobody cares about the olympics?

No, we are saying the majority of Americans don't care about hockey, which unfortunately seems to be the only sport anyone from Canada ever cared about. I'm not reading anyone mentioning the 2 Golds Canada received for Freestyle Skating, or the 2 Golds in Short Track, or the 2 Golds in Speed Skating. Or even the fact that the Women's Hockey team won gold. Canadians seem to have forgotten 13 of their Golds this Olympics. All we are subject to is "CANADA WON HOCKEY, EH! EAT DAT YA FATASS AMERICANS, EH!"

Canada did great in their homeland, there were some mistakes, some deaths, a lot of broken bones and a lot of celebration. But there were a lot of winners this Olympics, not just whoever scored that goal in overtime.

For the last time, we get it. You don't care about hockey and you have to say it a million times in a thread that is discussing it. If this is about getting the last word then go for it... Sorry if I look angry, but it feels like you're trolling and this is 4chan.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod