it's the fucking olympics

Hockey is hockey on ice ;)

I'm talking spiky boots and acceptable bloodsport rulings here!

Regardless if you're a Brit, Yankee or out for a rip, we can all agree it sucks to be Russian right now with their team not even making it to a bronze game... In Russia.

Only thing worse than that is being gay as well.

Considering they still have the most golds and most medals, I don't think they're going to be sweating it too hard.

Longo_2_guns said:
Considering they still have the most golds and most medals, I don't think they're going to be sweating it too hard.

They should absouletly be proud of their achievements but hockey is kind of a big deal for them. They're usually good competition and since it's the main event of the winter Olympics it definitely stings.

But on another note time to hit the streets. Everyone is excited over gold! :)

Canada winning gold against the Swedes in a 3-0 shutout and Canada wins the most important games: Men and Women's hockey. Damn fine day to be Canadian.

I kind of feel like Canada makes a big deal winter Olympics because it's the only one they're good at...And really, besides like 15 % of the U.S, 70% of Canada and who knows how many Russians, no one cares about hockey ;)

Lethean said:
I kind of feel like Canada makes a big deal winter Olympics because it's the only one they're good at...And really, besides like 15 % of the U.S, 70% of Canada and who knows how many Russians, no one cares about hockey ;)

So according to your math about 47 Million Americans love Hockey, and about 24 Million Canadians love hockey.

But Canada still dominates ;) Finally, a compliment from an American.

And Canadians love the Winter Olympics because it just feels more... Canadian. IMO. You don't see a bunch of Canadians bashing the Summer Olympics when the US is dominating (No seriously, you don't), in fact I think a lot of us cheer on people like Michael Phelps and such.

And lets be honest, it would be just as easy to make fun of. People say the Winter Olympics has silly sports, and it does, like the luge, bobsledding, etc.

But how about seeing how far you can throw a rock? Seeing how far you can throw a weighted frisbee? Seeing how far you can throw a stick? Poking each other with swords? Jumping as high as you can with a pole? Jumping over a bar? Seeing how far you can jump 3 times in a row? Doing tricks on a pommel horse? Dancing in the water? I think the % of ridiculous sports in the Summer Olympics far exceeds that of the Winter Olympics..

But whoooo cares. Lets just all get along. It's pretty ridiculous.

Moguls dudes and ladies look like they are just wrecking their bodies when they go downhill. Like, hey, save some bone-jarring speedbumps for the next guy!

Lethean I can assure you whatever bad experiences you had in life that made you hate Canada so much happens in the US too.

Yeah we take hockey seriously but every country takes a sport seriously. And every country is patriotic. Do some Canadians take it too far? Of course, but so do Americans and there's plenty more of them than us. Every four years if we win something we're proud of we'll celebrate damnit. It's not about you, it's about us. And if you don't care then the door is that-a-way.

I'm also hungover and I might sound cranky. So I'll just add how awesome it would be if the Winter Olympics were held in Jamaica.

WickedLiquid said:
Lethean I can assure you whatever bad experiences you had in life that made you hate Canada so much happens in the US too.

Haha I don't hate Canada! It was simply in jest! Canadians make fun of America enough, surely you can handle someone making fun of Canada ;) I was just busting some balls!

I do disagree that the summer olympics have more insignificant sports than the winter ones. Rain you call swimming dancing in the water but swimming is intense! It is extremely physically demanding. Hurdles, 100m dash, soccer, boxing, wrestling, tennis. I disagree with your assessment of shot-put and pole vault, discus or the javelin.

Of course there sure are some useless sports at the summer games! I won't deny that. I am just more partial to the sports at the summer games as they're more in line with what I like.

Hey I love Matt Stone and Trey Parker's songs Blame Canada and Team America. If you can't laugh at yourself you're living life wrong. I'm just dying from a hangover and have GR to get me through the work day lol.

But i'm seriously thinking Jamaica for winter olumpics in 2022. Unless by then all our athletes have been replaced by robots.

WickedLiquid said:
Hey I love Matt Stone and Trey Parker's songs Blame Canada and Team America.

I always thought that song was more making fun of Americans and their inability to place blame on themselves and always needing something else to blame?

Also, how did the Jamaican bobsled team do?

Lethean said:
WickedLiquid said:

Haha I don't hate Canada! It was simply in jest! Canadians make fun of America enough, surely you can handle someone making fun of Canada ;) I was just busting some balls!

I do disagree that the summer olympics have more insignificant sports than the winter ones. Rain you call swimming dancing in the water but swimming is intense! It is extremely physically demanding. Hurdles, 100m dash, soccer, boxing, wrestling, tennis. I disagree with your assessment of shot-put and pole vault, discus or the javelin.

Of course there sure are some useless sports at the summer games! I won't deny that. I am just more partial to the sports at the summer games as they're more in line with what I like.

I'm talking about legit water dancing/ballet.. whatever the fuk it is. Which also is no doubt intense, amazes me how some of them do that. But it is still a completely pointless event.

I'm talking pointless. Not is it physically challenging or does it require skill to do. Every event requires skill and most are physically demanding. In both winter and summer.

And in my opinion, there is not a single summer event that comes even close to the downhill skiing. Those fuckers cut corners with their bodies nearly on a 90 degree angle, going 145kmp/h... absolutely insane.

And the Jamaican bobsled team did horrible. But they weren't even going to compete, and just decided to last second because people love to see them. So they weren't expected to do well.

WickedLiquid said:
Hey I love Matt Stone and Trey Parker's songs Blame Canada and Team America.
So, you like stuff that makes fun of the US?

Oh, you are so Canadian. It's adorable.

I love the floods they do in moguls. That's my favorite part.

Moguls are fucking tough. I always try them when I go skiing and all I can think is "I'm gonna die!"

Longo_2_guns said:
I love the floods they do in moguls. That's my favorite part.

Moguls are fucking tough. I always try them when I go skiing and all I can think is "I'm gonna die!"

Ha I go through three moguls properly then get too scared and out of control so do the rest of the slope riding perpendicular to the mountain.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133