2010 Winter Olympics

Green_Lantern said:
Wouldn't it only be fair if Canada had to beat the US twice to win the gold since the US beat Canada once too?

Seems like it to me...
US got a bye so Canada had to win to get in that game.

NES, who is crying... the US cared about Hockey for aboot 3 hours today. We have Baseball starting in a few days!

WE DID IT BABY! I'm too drunk to say anything worth while. Except that 2 million people celebrated here in toronto and i was one of them. For the next 4 years we're golden and nobody can take that away from us. Congrats to team canada, beating US once on thier turf and again on ours!

we still have more f***ing medals darn it!

...stupid canadians and their pancakes and their... politness... and gold medals... sigh...

mmm first place feels good man...

hows that collection of bronze feelin' america? at least you came close to the canadians in a lot of stuff rite?

We got 1 gold.

YEEEESSSS!!

FUCK YEAH!

OH MY GOD!!....YEEEEEAAAAHHHH!!

F

U

C

K

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

intoTheRain said:

hows that collection of bronze feelin' america? at least you came close to the canadians in a lot of stuff rite?

Um... I know you aren't a history buff, but last time your country held the Winter Games they didn't win any Gold Medals.

So like... yeah.

Oh! Canada!

Also, the US handedly beat you guys in medal count... so what's this bragging?

Wow, Canada did well in the Winter (i.e. the boring) Olympics IN Canada, meanwhile US lead in overall medals.

Let's also not focus on the fact that the Canadian Women's ice skater clearly got Bronze over Mirai Nagasu because her mom died, not because of skill.

StalfrosCC said:
NES, who is crying... the US cared about Hockey for aboot 3 hours today. We have Baseball starting in a few days!

QFT! I really hope the Marlins have a decent pitching team this year.

The US broke the record this year for most medals ever won by a competing country in the winter olympics...

StalfrosCC said:
intoTheRain said:

Um... I know you aren't a history buff, but last time your country held the Winter Games they didn't win any Gold Medals.

So like... yeah.

Oh! Canada!

Also, the US handedly beat you guys in medal count... so what's this bragging?

If there were 4 medals Canada would have handily beat the USA. Silver and bronze shouldn't exist, what matters is who is the best. Not who is almost the best.

And i love how yanks continue to bring up the past. The past is the past, the present is now. And Canada is the present.

Canada, FUCK yea!

Woohoo, 2 years of contentment until the US rapes us backwards at the summer olympics! But we'll still have our hockey for 4 :D

Trippysmurf said:
Wow, Canada did well in the Winter (i.e. the boring) Olympics IN Canada, meanwhile US lead in overall medals.

while i agree the winter olympics are mostly silly, theyre DEFINITELY not more boring than the summer olympics.

brb running, throwing metal balls, jumping over a pole, jumping far.

more practical, but definitely not more exciting.

ya'll dont have to be so cranky, let a few canadians enjoy their time of glory. let us enjoy our two world records, one of which overtook you. and let us bask in the glory that we have 6 more number one athletes in the world at their discipline than you. even if it's going down an ice slide on a sled, or shuffleboard on ice.

I think my favorite part of the Vancouver Olympics was The Simpson's episode "Boy Meets Curl". That and Shaun White's Final "I don't even need this" Run.

Congrats, Canada, now go back to being our weird little brother.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Congrats, Canada, now go back to being our weird little brother.

I lol'd.

Now before all the Canadiens get their panties in a bunch, I would like to state that I went to college about an hour south of the Canadien border and have been there many a time. It's a very nice country and the people are friendly...but that is a damn good way to describe Canada.

I just love it when Canadians try to make fun of Americans for being fat. I've seen some of you guys... and I've seen Poutine...

IntoTheRain is reminding me in this topic why I don't really care for Canada anymore.

This whole pissing contest is gay. And lame. And lamely gay. Yes, I said lamely.

It's not like IntoTheRain celebrated New Orleans winning the Super Bowl. Right? Fair?
American sports are far more centralized towards that specific city where that sports team lays. So I didn't care about New Orleans winning, either.
Everyone knows the only people who care about championships and gold medals are the winners.
I can guarantee that if Michael Phelps were Canadian, we.. wouldn't know his name.
There's no ism like Cynicism :roll:

Comes with a Chris_Crime guarantee.*

*not guaranteed

StalfrosCC said:
I just love it when Canadians try to make fun of Americans for being fat. I've seen some of you guys... and I've seen Poutine...

And I've seen deep fried ice cream

Chris_Crime said:
It's not like IntoTheRain celebrated New Orleans winning the Super Bowl. Right? Fair?
American sports are far more centralized towards that specific city where that sports team lays. So I didn't care about New Orleans winning, either.
Everyone knows the only people who care about championships and gold medals are the winners.
I can guarantee that if Michael Phelps were Canadian, we.. wouldn't know his name.
There's no ism like Cynicism :roll:

Comes with a Chris_Crime guarantee.*

*not guaranteed

Michael who?

Just kidding.

I'm glad the Saints won. New Orleans needed the win.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod