2010 Winter Olympics

Congratulations to the US on an epic finish in men's snowboarding yesterday. Canada had the lead throughout the race but near the end it got ridiculously close and US won gold by a nose.

congrats to canada on womens gold in snowboarding!!!!!!! dunno the exact name of the event but omgwtfbbq i dont care..

felt bad for jacobellis though. i remember lulzing at her in 2006, i think 4 years is enough punishment, now she's gotta wait another 4. she clearly would have been top 2 if she'd had a normal run..

but whatevs go canada!

Nice. It's always better when we win an event based on facts instead of judge's opinions lol. I always think those ones are rigged.

3-0 for canada at the end of the second :) I think woman's hockey is a wee bit different than men's in other countries. Which is why the canadian woman's scored 18-0 in their first game and US scored 11-1.

team canada looked great for playing against norway. cant expect 10 goals in the first period, they had to play cautious while forming any chemistry they could muster. they had me yelling 'shoot the puck! a few times, but was glad to see them talking about how they need to shoot rather than pass it off to the next guy hoping he would shoot.

flood gates opened in the 3rd, not bad not bad. they play the swiss (i think) thursday, which will be a good test before they take on usa sunday.

less passing with more shots, forecheck and finish the big hits along the boards to cough that puck up and get some dirty grinding canadian style! .. best couch potato coaching i can do!

I think the usa and canada were both a bit nervous about staying with the olympic limits on contact, I think by the time they play each other they should have it figured out. Hopefully the refs will loosen up and let the players play a little more NHL-style

Canada's team is easily the most balanced. They have forwards that can be gritty, win the battles in front of the net but also snipe some beautiful goals. The defense can move the puck, shut down the top line and be a big body presence. I loved watching them dominate norway.

Before you criticize, hear me out. I think Women's hockey should be changed, making it way shorter. The only two teams that ever win are Canada and the U.S. No one even comes close. They should just make a playoff series between the two. It would be way more intense that way.

And I'll take 8-0.

WickedLiquid said:
Nice. It's always better when we win an event based on facts instead of judge's opinions lol. I always think those ones are rigged.

yea i love timed events that are based on time only, and things similar. concrete wins are the events i like to watch.

i'm canadian through and through and i can agree the win in mens moguls was sketchy at best.. not saying he didnt deserve the gold, but it is just too close to call legitly imo

and that Canada game looked very promising, they played amazing hockey once they turned it on. i don't think they'll have a problem with the US. i hope :)

Wow what an intense game tonight! Switzerland tied it up 2-2 and it wasn't until a shoot out where Canada scored the winning goal. Oh man, I was on the edge of my seat!

I'll have to congratulate Petra Majdic for getting bronze in the Women ski - sprint two days ago. :)

Getting that thing with four broken ribs and an impaled lung? She achieved quite the miracle. Makes me proud of being a Slovenian. ^^

WickedLiquid said:
Wow what an intense game tonight! Switzerland tied it up 2-2 and it wasn't until a shoot out where Canada scored the winning goal. Oh man, I was on the edge of my seat!

Was a great game but I felt like I was watching the leafs, Canada had numerous scoring attempts gift wrapped for them that they couldn't capitalize on, very disappointing.

But it did make for a great game!

USA vs Canada men's hockey.

US scores in the first minute. Fuck you, Canucks.

Anyone else watching.?

used44 said:
USA vs Canada men's hockey.

US scores in the first minute. f*** you, Canucks.

Anyone else watching.?

2-1 USA at the end of 1, USA is getting really outplayed though, shots are 18-6 Canada.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle