2010 Winter Olympics

What the hell was Brodeur trying to do? Play defence? The game would have been three-two for Canada without those blunders.

Miller was a wall

used44 said:
US scores in the first minute. f*** you, Canucks.

The American Olympic spirit. :)

Ouch what a finish. Pulling the goalie was a dumb idea since Canada was bringing the heat during those last few minutes. As soon as the goalie was pulled the puck flew back into canada's zone and they scored (an impressive goal) on an empty net. If only canada played as aggressive as they did at the end of the game. Ah well, congrats to the US but it aint over yet!

BigZell2020 said:
Ted_Wolff said:
5-3, USA! BOOYAH!

Awesome win, but I don't think they get away with giving up that many good looks should they play Canada again. Ryan Miller was a man tonight.

when is ryan miller not the man. hate that prick.

i took my canadian flag off my car today. i am disappointed to be canadian

after watching our medal hopefuls fail miserably in every way minus a silver in speed skating for two days then see canada lose to the US in their own game, i'm quite annoyed and don't even feel like watching the olympics anymore.

nothing like watching our skiiers do disgustingly horrible in downhill and super-g ON OUR OWN FUKING HILL. 17, 27, DNF, DNF.. ROOH ROOH GO CANADA!

9 medals, 204 athletes? c'mon, seriously? we had 24 in turin, and this year should be better.

yes mad.

and hockey is supposed to be my well earned break from being a leafs fan. but canada is playing near identical hockey to the leafs. more shots on net is about the only thing they can do. terrible turnovers, miss after miss on gift wrapped opportunities, sketchy at best goal tending.. etc.

USA USA USA

What a game, Miller played great, but don't forget about Rafalski

USA is first seed now, canada has to beat germany to set up a tasty quarterfinal with russia, crazy to think one of those two will go home without a medal.

oh and also, lol.

BcSbf.gif

I dislike hockey, but I right now I am deciding between a Miller or a Rafalski jersey.

I'm on the motherfucking bandwagon!

USA USA USA!

Yeah, but I'm not a fan of the Buffalo logo. Something about the Redwings is just classic. Plus my brothers girlfriend is a fan of the team so maybe she will hook me up!

(However their official website doesn't have his jersey... boo)

StalfrosCC said:
Yeah, but I'm not a fan of the Buffalo logo. Something about the Redwings is just classic. Plus my brothers girlfriend is a fan of the team so maybe she will hook me up!

(However their official website doesn't have his jersey... boo)

however, fuck the redwings, get his team USA jersey

intoTheRain said:

after watching our medal hopefuls fail miserably in every way minus a silver in speed skating for two days then see canada lose to the US in their own game, i'm quite annoyed and don't even feel like watching the olympics anymore.

Come on dude, it isn't the end of the world. Canada may have lost to the americans but they're not out of the race for gold. Don't forget canada was doing horrible in 2002; they lost thier first game to sweden and almost lost to the germans. Everyone in salt lake was expecting nothing but gold from the US and out of nowhere the canadians surprised everyone. If canada loses against the germans then i'll be as upset as you are. Maybe some of the fans in vancouver should realise the competition is tough instead of blindly following the hype from advertisers that would have ppl believe a home game = automatic win.

WickedLiquid said:
intoTheRain said:

Come on dude, it isn't the end of the world. Canada may have lost to the americans but they're not out of the race for gold. Don't forget canada was doing horrible in 2002; they lost thier first game to sweden and almost lost to the germans. Everyone in salt lake was expecting nothing but gold from the US and out of nowhere the canadians surprised everyone. If canada loses against the germans then i'll be as upset as you are. Maybe some of the fans in vancouver should realise the competition is tough instead of blindly following the hype from advertisers that would have ppl believe a home game = automatic win.

i know it's not over, but i'd rather beat the states than win the gold :p

it just came down to goal tending, if you rewatch the game without emotion you see canada made the americans look like a peewee hockey team. ryan miller is just unstoppable, and it's frustrating.

we can still win it. germany is pretty much a certainty (knock on wood as this isn't womens hockey and anything can happen). and i think we have a better chance against russia than the states simply because of goal tending. canada russia will be a better game to watch, it'll be a great game.

I don't know how the tourny is set up, can Canada and USA meet in the gold medal game?

Because if so, how fucking rad would that be?

StalfrosCC said:
I don't know how the tourny is set up, can Canada and USA meet in the gold medal game?

Because if so, how f****** rad would that be?

yep they can meet again for the gold medal game, and it would be pretty rad

used44 said:
Canada has to go through Russia though.

russia is a better team than the US (imo of course), but i think Canada has a better shot against them because the goal tending isn't as strong.

would be more concerned if canada plays the US again.

i wanna kill ryan miller every farkin time the leafs play buffalo because almost EVERY game this year besides one the leafs outplayed buffalo but miller saved the day.

like i said earlier canada is supposed to be my break from being a leafs fan
:wink: hence my frustration when miller saved the day again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle