You punch like a cheerleader.

MattAY

Forum Moderator
Staff member
This is about FIGHTING! We brawl! I'm asking you guys...have you ever been in a fight?

Because I haven't...not a real one. I've had drunken encounters where the drunk guy hits me, and I'm all like, "that did nothing", until he walks away...out of sight, then I cry for mummy.
I've never thrown a punch at someone though, and I always wonder how I'll perform. In my head, I would definitely do a couple of Law's rainbow kicks, and then whip out the Dempsey Roll as my finishing move.
Maybe a fight is something every man MUST experience?

A bunch in grade school, decidedly losing pretty much all of them. I only had a couple in high school (over equally stupid things), which both went phenomenally better due to having a few years of formal training by then. Past me had a really bad temper.

MattAY said:
In my head, I would definitely do a couple of Law's rainbow kicks, and then whip out the Dempsey Roll as my finishing move.

>not shouting "shocking first bullet" while you punch so hard volcanoes erupt

images_q_tbn_ANd9_Gc_RW_lagd_Nct_To_Vp_MUOjezskx_Lprar_Q.jpg

I've been in several fights in my life. I don't necessarily think that getting in one is a part of being a man.

Overall, I'd say I have an even score.

As an adult, I've had two opportunities to get in a fight. One was with a homeless man...I'll pass. Everyone knows the homeless train tirelessly for fights. And the other was when I got slapped by a drunk in the park. Figured my kids' Saturday should be filled with something other than dad wailing on a dude. I mean, he slapped me. I was completely shocked. I've never been slapped before. It was like that scene in Austin Powers where he just yells , "who throws their shoe?" I just had no response to the man.

So, I've been in a couple, but not really sure if I won. This one time this guy wanted 10 cents, so he could get a pack of cigarettes. I told him I was sorry, but I didn't have it. He started messing with me saying "I know you have it, you just walked out of Sheetz (a gas station in my area)" I told him I didn't have it. So, he actually put me in a choke hold. My friend knew him, so I didn't know if he was joking around or not. Until the next day. I was walking home from school and he approached me. He punched me, but it was very weak and I just ignored it. Then he punched my bookbag which was carrying my PSP. That''s when I punched him. He didn't want to fight then, so he told me to meet him somewhere the next day to actually have a fight.

So, I went to school the next day and one of his friends came up to me and asked, "Howard, why did you beat my friend up?" I honestly didn't know I did such a thing. So now, there was a rumor saying I beat up this guy who is known beating people up. It's good to be known I could fight, but I don't like fighting unless I really have to.
After school, I went to the place he wanted to meet. He came up to me and told me people are watching and we shouldn't fight, because someone would call the cops. After that, he quit bugging.

Fight Two Story
This wasn't really a fight. My fiend (at least I think he's my friend) and I were walking home from school one day. All of a sudden he through a punch at me. A group of people surrounded us and were cheering for a fight. Again, I tried walking away, but he kept annoying by getting in my face. So, I punched him once in the face and through him down to the ground. I walked away, because I wanted to get home from school. The next day, he sat with me at the breakfast table. He told me his mom called up the school, because he has a fat lip. So, I was called down to the office along with him. They gave me ISS, because I fought with him on the way home from school. For some reason, on the way home from school is the school's responsibility. They said they didn't care if we got home and did if after then. So, yeah...just my luck.

I've been in a couple. I don't like to fight, I try to avoid it as I'm sure most others would. Britta from Community was right, guys fight just to help hide their own gayness.

But anyway, it was after the Pearl Jam concert back in 2009. My friends and I went out to a bar for some drinks and after it closed at 3am we could see this scuffle out in the parking lot. This gang of brown guys known as the "Tamil Tigers" (yeah, I'm serious) were attacking this one white dude. Seemed a little unfair but who knows what the hell caused this.

But then this blond girl gets in the middle of it. Maybe it was his gf? Who knows? She tried to get them to stop and the guys grab her hair and start punching her. Still, nobody is doing anything. Now I dunno if it was the fact I was drunk or maybe I had seen The Dark Knight too many times but I decided to jump in and help.

Grabbed the dude punching the blond girl and punched him right in the face. I could feel someone punching me in my left ear, I turned around and grabbed him by the neck of his shirt and started punching him hockey style. His nose started to bleed and he stopped punching me, I let go of him and he backed away.

Not trying to sound tough, but these guys were pussies, hence why they attack in big gangs. It wasn't long before my friends clued in that they should help but instead of fighting them they were just trying to pull me out of it.

The cops came and since our designated driver had a bunch of weed on him he was all paranoid and we had to go.

The girl never even knew who I was or got a chance to talk to me. And to this day she still remains a mystery.

Some friends said I was a hero, some said I was an idiot looking to get stabbed. But I think I did the right thing.

WickedLiquid said:
I could feel someone punching me in my left ear, I turned around and grabbed him by the neck of his shirt and started punching him hockey style.

Haha, this is the best part of your story. I don't know why this made me laugh. I'm just imagining Drunk Rob talking like Batman-Abed and taking down a campy street tough gang called the Tamil Tigers.

Oh i forgot to mention my voice was coarse and soar from the concert so it sounded all grumbley!

haha, I know it sounds like Kick Ass but it happened!

Only been in real fights with my siblings, who definitely thought that kicking a girl between the legs didn't hurt. Kicked 'em back. Fair, right?

And then once in grade five, I think the class was supposed to be in the gym rehearsing for the musical or something, but for whatever reason, a few of us didn't have to be there. I'm not sure. All I know is that the room was mostly empty. Anyway, this troublemaker asshole kept teasing me, and I just didn't have it in me to ignore the kid anymore. I asked him to stop, told him that I'd seriously had enough, and if he didn't cut it out he was going to regret it. So of course he's all "ooh, what are you gonna do?" and continued. Well, I shoved him, and then started choking him. It was only for a moment, because I would never intend to do real harm. Just needed to show him that he was being a real jackass, and let out frustration.

I felt bad afterwards, because I saw the look on his face of complete surprise, and after I let him go he called me a crazy bitch or whatever. "Whatever, just shut the hell up." And he didn't really bother me too much after that. Not directly, anyway. He was still a bit of an ass in high school, in general.

Normally I find a way to get along with those troublemakers in class, because most of the time I can see how they're getting screwed over. And I did find out in high school that that kid had some family problems, like his mom seemed to be in a rough situation. I dunno if that's a legit reason for his behaviour in elementary school or not.

Relatedly, I always imagine myself getting into fights (xkcd-like, in banks and grocery stores and such), and sometimes I actively wish that someone would pick a fight with me, so that I'd feel like I had a legitimate reason to let go. I don't know how scary that is. :/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod