World Cup, yo

That's for confusing me with that CIV crap. How dare you have your own language and initials!

Japan recognizes. They aren't slinging NPN out there.

I still don't recognize Ivory Coast as the name. Côte d'Ivoire is the only real name... Although, in either case, I feel straight up uncomfortable calling people Ivorian.

GO CANADA

Right? Right?

Sightless said:
I still don't recognize Ivory Coast as the name. Côte d'Ivoire is the only real name... Although, in either case, I feel straight up uncomfortable calling people Ivorian.

GO CANADA

Right? Right?

I think there's you and maybe like 3 other people here who share that sentiment.

Of course, given the active users that's like 55 % of the user base! So yay?

Ohoho, we have a majority. Watch out, GR. Changes are coming.

Also, I gather I'm about a year too early for the real FIFA event. My bad.

It sucks having televisions at work, because everyone tries to sneak in to view games. GO HOME, people. Get your own damn televisions, slackers. :|

...you talking about the people uncomfortable about the name "Ivorian"? or the supporter of Canada? Cause i think there are more then 4 people. There are 5!

Canada already has hockey. They don't need soccer too.

That's why I don't care that the US has never made the top 4 ever, excluding the one year when they retroactively gave them 3rd. We have the Superb Owl AND the World Series. And basketball. And swimming. And the Moon.

Excuse me -- football.

Funny you should say that, because they're pushing the Whitecaps here since Canucks are not a thing right now. I don't think I have the patience for it, tbh.

And you don't have swimming. You have like a swimmer. :p

Sightless said:
And you don't have swimming. You have like a swimmer. :p

Americans hold 26 individual and team swimming world records. Followed closely by Russia and China with 8 each.

Longo_2_guns said:

That's why I don't care that the US has never made the top 4 ever, excluding the one year when they retroactively gave them 3rd. We have the Superb Owl AND the World Series. And basketball. And swimming. And the Moon.
3 of those things are U.S inventions so it doesn't count. Try excelling at things you didn't create!

...like football? :D

Green_Lantern said:
Americans hold 26 individual and team swimming world records. Followed closely by Russia and China with 8 each.

Yes, but I'd venture to say that at least half of those are won by the same 2 or 3 people, whereas China (for example) has multiple people achieving feats. But I guess they do have the people for it. Even still, I wouldn't say the painted picture is quite the same.

GRRR! the U.S LOST!
But they still move on anyway cause Portugal won over Ghana. So YAY USA!

Now let's see if Algeria can still excel...

Lien said:
Longo_2_guns said:

3 of those things are U.S inventions so it doesn't count. Try excelling at things you didn't create!
So then does Canada not get hockey? That's really rude. You're going to make Canada cry.

Longo_2_guns said:
Lien said:
Longo_2_guns said:

So then does Canada not get hockey? That's really rude. You're going to make Canada cry.
I thought the Irish invented Hockey... or was it curling?

According to internet, curling was invented in Scotland and hockey was invented in Canada. Which makes sense.

Ah Lacrosse...they do great polo shirts...HA!

England may not have much bragging rights in terms of sport...but we ALWAYS bring the comedy!

God darn it... If Russia wins against Algeria, they may gonna face off against the U.S. Then no one will win!

Lien said:
God darn it... If Russia wins against Algeria, they may gonna face off against the U.S. Then no one will win!

Unless Belgium royally fuck things up, pretty sure they're destined to play US before the group H matches even began.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod