Stanley Cup 2010

schimmel

Rookie
Game 1 just finished and I can already tell this is going to be a fantastic series right until the end. Both teams have proven they want the cup more than ever and at least in game 1 they played some of the cleanest hockey I've ever seen. Who are you cheering for this year?

Well that sucks for you guys, hockey is huge in Michigan, and even though the Wings aren't in the finals two of the Original Six are. Plus if tonight's game was any indication of how the series is gonna go this year I'm really excited

No, Chris. No Canadian team is in it this year. The Chicago Blackhawks and the Philadelphia Flyers are playing. Last nights game was awesome. Watched the last half of it while I was at Navy Pier with my girlfriend.

My prediction? Hawks are gonna sweep the Flyers.

I think the sport would be more interesting if the NHL and the CHL allowed some kind of interleague play, though I'm not sure if their seasons align or what the end-game would be. But if the sport would capitalize on the Olympic aspect - country vs country - it could do wonders for the sport in America.
We have a hockey team in Dallas and they've actually won the cup before, but I could care less. But I'd be a lot more interested if the Calgary Hitmen were to come to town.

As hilarious as my first post is, I must admit to being a hockey fan. Although, I'm nowhere near the level of fan as I was when I was a kid. The NHL is solely to blame for that; they lost a lot of us very quickly.

Anyway, I'm rooting for the Hawks. And I hope they win it at home, because that is going to be fucking LOUD.

Honestly Longo, I realize you don't care for hockey very much, but do not discredit it as a sport. Hockey players are far more athletic than most other athletes. Besides, the Kings and Sharks are doing well, so it's the perfect time for you to get into hockey.

schimmel said:
^ That, and hockey is much better than most sports (see: basketball)
Smithers, are they say, "Boo or Boo-urns"
They're saying "Boo". Basketball rocks.
Hockey is nice too, but nothing is quite as cool as shootin' some b-ball outside of the school.

I watched hockey when I was in Vancouver, I got well into it! I just cant keep an eye on the puck. Basically I'm saying - if I was in North America and had nothing to do but slump on the couch, I'd be watching it.

schimmel said:
Well that sucks for you guys, hockey is huge in Michigan, and even though the Wings aren't in the finals two of the Original Six are. Plus if tonight's game was any indication of how the series is gonna go this year I'm really excited
Now buddy I'm sure you're not very familiar with me, but I'd just like to say that I love you more and more with each post you make. Glad someone else here supports the Wings.

I really can't decide who I want to take the cup, I'll honestly be satisfied either way.

schimmel said:
^ That, and hockey is much better than most sports (see: basketball)

come on don't you love basketball? every morning when i'm driving home from work i hear the scores..

so and so won 111-109

blah blah won 123-121

this person won 105-103

soooo exciting, whoever scores first wins the game!

basketball is definitely the worst sport, close with baseball

football, hockey, soccer ftw.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod