World Cup, yo

MattAY

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Anyone watching this? Or shall I just talk to myself?

USA later today...against Ghana, who aren't bad! GO CLINT!

Darn it... i want to support Ghana but then, at the last cup USA did some beautiful matches.

I should have more interest considering I'm in a pool at work with a pot of over $500, but I just can't watch a full soccer game. I'm sorry, but waaaayyy too little happens. Maybe I sound like an ignorant North American, but it's just too slow for me.

Now baseball, that game is fucking exhilarating

We usually scrape through without playing well. Now were doing the opposite! :'(.

Oh well, it's an excuse for a beer. Plus, the whole country loves the event to the point where my work is having a BBQ all day Thursday for our match VS Uruguay.

Result.

huge.101.508527.JPG

Eh? Ehhh?

Germany slaughtered Portugal, almost on par with the upset that was Netherlands vs Spain, 5-1.
I'm not a big soccer fan but there were some real good matches to be had, and then there was Nigeria vs Iran.

WickedLiquid said:
Go Canada!

2qm22bq.jpg

If it were female soccer players, we'd dominate.

Nigeria, Iran, Bosnia/Herzegovina ...and Argentina. How the eff did that group get made? Congrats one of you gets a free pass to get your head handed to you in the next round.

Green_Lantern said:
Group G is clearly the "group of death" because the US is in it.
And after seeing them win against Ghana (which is actually a pretty good team, the "Black star" is renown in the African league), i am actually hopeful that the U.S will get to the semi-finals like last time. Of course, they won't win against the big leagues but hey! who knows! Maybe it'll be a beautiful match.

But of course, it will depends on how good Germany is in their next game...

Bretimus_v2 said:
Nigeria, Iran, Bosnia/Herzegovina ...and Argentina. How the eff did that group get made? Congrats one of you gets a free pass to get your head handed to you in the next round.

Nigeria were the Africa Nations champions and got bumped up the list. They're essentially second seed in this group. Which is way outta their league! Bosnia are better than you think too.

Yeah the Nigerian team is probably one of the best of the African leagues. I think they could stand up to Argentina or at least get a draw and move on to the next bracket. I am actually feeling sorry for the other team, being teamed up to Argentina like that... Well 'cept Iran cause F***'em!

I tried watching a couple games but it got so boring that my friends and I had more fun shouting racial stereotypical slurs about the countries involved when there is a close-up of a player.

Italy is great one for this game.
EH-OH! 'Ow bout you pass me the fuckin ball ova ere!

Don't get upset I'm part Italian. But I'm not German so I'll keep those ones to myself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod