Which Final Fantasy do you think is best? (Main series only)

10 is a game that I've grown to appreciate with age. At first Tidus and Rikku were annoying as hell. But after Vaan in 12 and Vanille in 13 I'd take Meg Ryan and that brat in 10 any day. I might get the HD remaster of 10 and 10-2 since I never even bothered with 10-2.

I also love the turn based battle in 10. In 12 the Gambits were just boring and if you didn't have the right pre-sets for certain bosses you were toast. Of course how can you pre-set your gambits when you have no idea what you're up against.

7, 8 and 9 are all amazing in their own ways. Plus there is a sense of nostalgia that comes with them.

I cannot stand FF X . I feel like it is the weakest entry in the series honestly. Weak plotline, weak characters, weak gameplay, it makes the shortcomings of FF VIII look good in comparison honestly. I also hated the last act so much, the idea behind Yuna dying was great, the resolution to it as a sacrifice should have been handled a LOT better.

LinksOcarina said:
I cannot stand FF X . I feel like it is the weakest entry in the series honestly. Weak plotline, weak characters, weak gameplay, it makes the shortcomings of FF VIII look good in comparison honestly. I also hated the last act so much, the idea behind Yuna dying was great, the resolution to it as a sacrifice should have been handled a LOT better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5FTJxfV3pc

Because I'm sad and have no work, I've tallied it up so far:

2: 1
4: 1
6: 1
7: 4
8: 2
9: 3
10: 4
12: 1

It's good for the series that the favourites are so spread out. And you could argue the reason for increased favourites between 7 and 10 was the marketing. I bet not a lot of people have played FF's out of those 4 these days.

LinksOcarina said:
I cannot stand FF X-

wYuq6Up.gif

Oh sorry Links, you were saying?

I definitely prefer 10 the most. I still have 5 and 9 sitting on my PS3 waiting to be played, and I will definitely be playing them within the next few years

Gunner37 said:
anyone ever get the doom train GF in FF8 was a total pain to get all the items for it

I'm playing through ff8 now and just got Doomtrain. The thing that got me was the "6 Remedy +" I thought I only needed 6 Remedies OR MORE. But no, you need ultimate Remedies. You have to level Alexander up with about 480 AP, which meant I had to fight Cactaurs for a day! Then buy 60 Remedies (my poor wallet), and convert them.

Nobs.

Then I think it was Marlboro Tentacles that was the other thing. If you didn't have Initiative and Mug them straight away, then escape - then you were fucked, because Marlboro would cast all that ailment shit on you.

I do love it when that enemy appears in other FFs though. Monster cameos are the best.

LinksOcarina said:
WickedLiquid said:
LinksOcarina said:
I cannot stand FF X-

wYuq6Up.gif

Oh sorry Links, you were saying?

The truth, you know. :p
That you got bad taste in games?
e1500cc39ae962839f051d4daf406db0-micdrop05.gif

And darn it guys! Stop talking about the good old days of FF8, there was only one thing that game was good at and one thing only! Do i need to bring out the gifs?
UnrulyTimelyDartfrog.gif

Lien said:
I definitely prefer 10 the most. I still have 5 and 9 sitting on my PS3 waiting to be played, and I will definitely be playing them within the next few years

You should definitely play 9 Lien. Especially if you like the older games.

MattAY said:
Gunner37 said:
anyone ever get the doom train GF in FF8 was a total pain to get all the items for it

I'm playing through ff8 now and just got Doomtrain. The thing that got me was the "6 Remedy +" I thought I only needed 6 Remedies OR MORE. But no, you need ultimate Remedies. You have to level Alexander up with about 480 AP, which meant I had to fight Cactaurs for a day! Then buy 60 Remedies (my poor wallet), and convert them.

Nobs.

Then I think it was Marlboro Tentacles that was the other thing. If you didn't have Initiative and Mug them straight away, then escape - then you were fucked, because Marlboro would cast all that ailment shit on you.

I do love it when that enemy appears in other FFs though. Monster cameos are the best.

And if i remember right i think you needed a ring and some steel pipes or rails or something like that those were easy if i remember right but the tentacles were a huge pain to get

Rakon said:
WickedLiquid said:
Lien said:

You should definitely play 9 Lien. Especially if you like the older games.
tumblr_msx05k7aq21rfk8fdo4_250.gif

Having played through most of 7 on recently, here's what stands out to me and I'd probably rank them 9=8>10>7>13-2>10-2>13.

Can I vote for the INTERNATIONAL version of XII? It's still XII but like...it didn't come out anywhere but Japan.

...Because if it weren't for those improvements in the (ironically named) international version of XII, XII would only be 2nd place to me, after VII.

So ah...XII by technicality? Put me down as XII on the tally thing, it needs the votes.

12 was the first to introduce the gambit/paradigm combat system that I don't like as much (though it is getting rather tight in 13-2 and Lightning Returns). So I kind of hold a grudge against 12, even though it is set in Ivalice, which is my thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle