• Speakers

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jonathan_Leack

Former Executive Editor
The rules for this week are:
  • Vote for which type of audio solution you usually use when gaming.
  • Share why you use that audio solution in the comments below.
My answer: I use speakers most of the time since it feels more natural to me. That is, unless I'm playing a competitive game such as Counter-Strike: Global Offensive where I need to hear every sound accurately.

My audio setup is as follows:
  • Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III
  • Earbuds: Bose IE2
The Bose Companion speakers are good, although I miss the heavy bass of my Logitech Z623 setup. Unfortunately, those speakers failed after three years of use, and I decided that I wanted to ditch the bass to minimize my setup.

In terms of the Bose IE2's, I use them for hours a day whether I'm at the gym, watching HBO, or just kicking back. It's not even that I'm a big Bose fan, I just can't find another pair of high quality headphones that don't seal and isolate the noise. While that style of earbud is better for audio quality, I don't like to be detached from my environment.

Which do you prefer?

I have little time for gaming these days, and my PC is outdated and currently in storage, so really all I use is my PS4 or Vita. Vita I typically have muted so that I can play it without disturbing anyone, and the stuff I've played on it lately really doesn't require the audio. The PS4 is hooked up to the TV, so if I'm monopolizing the picture, I may as well monopolize the sound as well! Speakers! :D

Most of the time, I use speakers.

I rarely play on my PC nowadays, but when I do, I have a set of Logitech Z506 surround sound speakers, which are really awesome, I got them for a great price, too. When I game on the PS4, I mostly just use the TV's in-built speakers. I have a Sony Bravia 40" LCD smart screen TV, and the speakers are pretty good.

When I play anything that has voice chat (Overwatch on PS4), I use a headset. Honestly, I can't remember exactly what my headset is... but it's a wireless headset that charges via in-built power supply and USB cable. The wireless connection is done with a USB device that plugs into either my PC or console.

The only issue with my headset, is when using on PC, it'll beep to notify me that the battery is running very low. That's great, but when connected to my console, it doesn't do that, so I find that my headset will just shut down without me even knowing.

All these Bose and Logitech speakers... :confused:

Speakers are just easier so that's what I use, my PC has been rocking a pair of Paradigm Mini Monitors for probably 10 years now.

Speakers when I am alone, headphones when I'm not. Headphones are Panasonic DJ ones, not a gaming headphones. Why DJ headphones? Because they were the only ones in store that go ON ear not OVER ear. My ears get super hot with over ear headphones. My ears need decent cooling which on ear headphones provide. :p

Speakers are built in laptop ones.

Speakers usually. I only use headphones if someone is sleeping or something.
I have a soundbar and subwoofer.

I do need a good amount of bass for sound satisfaction! So if I didn't have a subwoofer, I'd use headphones probably.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod