Which Final Fantasy do you think is best? (Main series only)

I wouldn't doubt that 10 has the highest completion rate. It was a lot more linear and had fewer lulls. Also, Auron is amazing. Just sayin.

I still need to play 9. I've had the discs for some eight years now. Just never got around to it.

Having only played 10 for like 120 hours and 7 for 45 minutes, I have to say 10.

Actually I shouldn't even be weighing in with that little experience.

8 was great, but the story starts getting really complicated. Loved the battle system and the card game though.

Bretimus_v2 said:
I wouldn't doubt that 10 has the highest completion rate. It was a lot more linear and had fewer lulls. Also, Auron is amazing. Just sayin.

And you'll reach a point before completing the game where you can just steamroll the last few bosses, mainly when one completes a character's sphere grid.
How can one not agree on Auron? The guy's a total badass.

^ Oh yeah. I remember watching my cousin try and take on Jecht at the end of the game and getting absolutely destroyed, so I was all "oh noez" and decided to level up and grind and prepare myself for Jecht.

I beat him in two hits. Form one was taken out in one hit, Jecht draws his sword, then the fight was over once I hit him again.

^ That end-game fight was comically easy compared to the midgame beast of Yunalesca. Leveling truly does the trick for X in the most amazing way but no way to easily grind levels in the midgame that I knew of. (Not that it'd do much if she just threw three sheets to the wind and did her cheap ass moves)

I just took out chunks of his HP with each attack and with heals I was perfectly fine for survival. Nothing he did put the team in danger and never felt that I was close to losing despite how tense that fight felt. End-game bosses of that grandeur regardless of difficulty always make me tense up.

This reminds me of Final Fantasy III, which is third after IV and X but that one's end-game trumps IV and X for balls to the wall brutal groin punching. Horribly intense because an all-party death meant you start the gauntlet from dungeon's start to end from the beginning. I swear it was at least 5 bosses and the random encounters with dragons were mini-bosses. And finite Phoenix Downs, just in case your character who resurrects people dies.

^ Oh man... Yunalesca. I reckon next to the Dark Aeons, she's the hardest boss. I had to grind/level up for a while and get the 'Holy' skill for Yuna. Even then it wasn't enough, I had to do just a bit more to get her.

I personally thought Yunalesca wasn't that hard. I usually die once or twice fighting her. Now Fighting seymor on Mount Gagazet was so freaking hard

^ That's what I remember most. The fucking grinding I had to do to beat that guy.

Yunalesca I don't even remember.

kingg5 said:
I personally thought Yunalesca wasn't that hard. I usually die once or twice fighting her. Now Fighting seymor on Mount Gagazet was so freaking hard

Each death meant another 5 minutes of cutscenes and more careful management of zombie status for the entry into Tier 3: Mega Death.

Actually don't remember much before her or the boss battle before her, mostly for putting the game on hold for over a year and returning it to after Yunalesca.

That Seymor battle on Mount Gagazet, was that with that Mortimer thing? Where you had to take out Seymor and something that he synthesized with? And every time you do enough damage one or the other would take HP from the other to recover and prolong the fight?

Master_Craig said:
^ Oh man... Yunalesca. I reckon next to the Dark Aeons, she's the hardest boss. I had to grind/level up for a while and get the 'Holy' skill for Yuna. Even then it wasn't enough, I had to do just a bit more to get her.

Not too sure if I had holy but did it help a lot in killing her? And it was brutal not being able to heal when your characters are zombies. If you cure them then it just increases the chances of her using Mega Death and killing them anyway.

^ I think it was the boss fight that was straight after Yunalesca where Holy was required/extremely helpful? And by having Holy, you should have the stats to take on Yunalesca?

After my first try with Yunalesca I just invested in a set of death-proof armor. I think that was the harder way of doing it.

I beat yunalesca recently after buying the remastered edition and i over leveled for her killed her pretty easily holy helped a lot and i kept 2 party members in zombie with yuna casting holy

I know I didn't have the patience to grind then, and wasn't she in an area that was right after some puzzles? Could you go back through a teleport and then teleport right back in, skip the puzzles and go straight to the boss fight?

Master_Craig said:
^ I think it was the boss fight that was straight after Yunalesca where Holy was required/extremely helpful? And by having Holy, you should have the stats to take on Yunalesca?

Then I must have been a few spheres short of Holy and slugged it out with whatever I had. Know Lulu and Auron were the heavy hitters in the fight.

Longo_2_guns said:
After my first try with Yunalesca I just invested in a set of death-proof armor. I think that was the harder way of doing it.

Didn't even know you could get a set of death-proof armor. If I had that, the fight would have been cake at the third round. Would have been a mountain thing; a trudge up one way and a sled ride down the other. Definitely the hard way if you had to grind the fusables for the upgrade.

7 here, but probably because it was my first.
I never finished 8, I got hung up on this guy and gave up:

GF_Cerberus.png

Of course, this was a long time ago and I may not have really known what I was doing.

Ah GF Cerberus. He was optional haha. But I did the same thing first time!

He has Expend 3x1 though, and that shit is important for triple spells.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod