What's next for Mass Effect? [OT]

used44 said:
483910_100513121759_Demolition_High_back.JPG
Used is just trying to watch out for all the other Coreys out there.

Maybe not resource mining but go all Republic Commando and tell of the story on Earth and how they began the resistance. Have it sync with your ME3 so that they stay true to your story. Tell how Anderson was able to do what he did.

I mean come on. Through all three games you are told just how much of a bad ass he is. Let's see it!

Longo_2_guns said:
He punches out Udina or gets shot in the gut in ME1.

Well yeah if you say it like that.

In the first one he had the whole story of the "almost" SPECTRE... He's always around and giving advice like he's been to and done so much shat...

Sure he's not there as much in ME2 but the fact that he is and depending on your story he's the most influential public human in the galaxy...

I mean come on... This man singlehandedly raised and led the Earthbound Resistance against the Reapers... Wouldn't that make a decent game... and it would help make up for the ending in ME3 if he survives...

Read Revelation. It talks about Anderson's SPECTRE audition and why it went tits up. It's also a really good read.

I wasn't much of an Anderson fan. I'd skip through his convos in subsequent playthroughs of the games.

maca2kx said:
Read Revelation. It talks about Anderson's SPECTRE audition and why it went tits up. It's also a really good read.

Well ****... I stayed away from the mass effect novels because someone on here mentioned they sucked and weren't canon or something of that nature... May have been news too

spartan317 said:
Longo_2_guns said:
Sure he's not there as much in ME2
There's nothing on ANYONE in ME2. It completely ignores everyone important and worthwhile who had been established before for a bunch of new, unimportant people and really has nothing to do with anything.

Longo_2_guns said:
unimportant people

How can you say this:
Ass_682104_1374222.jpg

Was unimportant.......

I did think it was a bit weird that ME2 made you recruit an entirely new crew, thank god they kept Garrus because in ME1 my crew consisted of Wrex or Garrus and Tali. Tali I never used in ME2...... I liked ME2 I don't see what everyone's problem with it was, a lot of people here make it sound horrible

An action shooter or FPS like what spartan said (all republic commando) would be awesome. Could play as a special task force squad or something and wreck galactic b****** left and right. ME has a big enough universe to go a lot of routes: FPS or third person, another RPG, MMO, RTS. Though I hope they won't go a MMO route, there's already too many MMOs out there in my opinion....... Well I'm just saying that because it would be on PC and I wouldn't be able to play it........

spartan317 said:
maca2kx said:

Well ****... I stayed away from the mass effect novels because someone on here mentioned they sucked and weren't canon or something of that nature... May have been news too

No they're canon. Revelations acts as a prequel to ME1; it covers the period where Saren Arterius searches after Sovereign and Anderson's involvement with it. It's important to the story so it helps that it's a good read too. Ascension comes next discussing Gillian Grayson; it's got nothing to do with the game series but it's set a little after ME1 and it talks about biotics including the defunct BaAT program (which Kaiden was enrolled in). I found it slightly hard to get through but it sets up Retribution which is all about Cerberus's fledgling experiments in Reaper technology before all the shit hits the fan in ME3. The problem is with Deception which is written by a different author and ignores several aspects of the stories which came before it. Fans have called for it to be struck from canon and I'm in hesitant agreement. It is quite poorly written and I've even spotted an instance where one character is in the frame and in the next paragraph the author uses a different character's name to refer to her which is something that should have been picked up somewhere along the line.

In short I recommend you read Revelation, Ascension and Retribution and if you're like me and seek completeness then there's Deception but that might infuriate you along the way. If you don't want to pay for the books then they are on Kindle for a bit cheaper and you can download the PC app for free if you haven't got a Kindle. Don't forget the graphic novels too, they tie into the books and the games.

Delorean88 said:
I liked ME2 I don't see what everyone's problem with it was, a lot of people here make it sound horrible
It wasn't horrible, it just wasn't what ME2 should've been. At all. Plus, there were a whole lot of issues with parts of it that shouldn't have existed. But hey, I've beaten this horse before. I don't think people want me to soapbox about this again.

Anyway, they should make two games. One a full, 100% RPG, and the other a complete shooter with no RPG parts at all. That'll never happen, but it would be kinda cool.

goddamn it Longo... we get it, you're smart and young and sexy blah blah... let those of us who choose to enjoy the game remain ignorant...

I'll do that. Thanks maca

Just finished my Hard run, Noone left Behind! Played the first bit of ME3. After the stripped down inventory from ME2, it feels like they're just throwing equipment at me.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Just finished my Hard run, Noone left Behind! Played the first bit of ME3. After the stripped down inventory from ME2, it feels like they're just throwing equipment at me.

People bitched about the stripped down equipment from 2 a lot...

Still, it's a better RPG than most anyway.

I enjoyed Magnificent Effect 7 quite a bit...I get the negatives that a lot of people bandy about. Not a whole lot happens. I mean, ultimately, it was a game set up to showcase the collectors and answer questions about the Protheans vs. the Reapers. It's a bridge story. I get it.

I'm fine with bridge stories if they don't deviate so much from the original game. ME2 isn't bad because of the story (I don't bitch quite so much about the story of ME2 as I do the ending of ME3), it's bad because of the terrible interface, the lack of levelling depth, the boring mining, the pointless weapon choices and so on and so forth. Middle games, films, books and any other media are generally there to flesh out the concept the first title laid out while paying forward material for the climactic finale but that doesn't excuse shallow gameplay.

The mining didn't really bother me, I never mined anything but rich planets and I rarely had to go hunting for materials. I can say that in the 40 hours of gameplay, I spent at most an hour in 10 minute chunks.

I enjoyed it a great deal, enough that I have 90% of the trophies and plan on stomping out a plat on it.

I like Longo's idea of instead of giving these stupid three play type settings, why not just develop 3 types of games. It's a robust setting go for it. Just no podracer spinoffs.

I just spent all my time launching probes at Uranus. And mining was annoying but not too bad. Not nearly as good as exploring, though.

And to be fair, I got 90% of the achievements on a single playthrough. It's not a hard game to plat at all.

In the end, I still say the whole series is perhaps one of the crowning achievements in gaming in the past five years.

But that is all 3 games as a whole, but i'm weird like that I guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod