Why are there no Jews in any game?

Longo_2_guns

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Okay, seriously, what's up with that? I mean, lets take Mass Effect for example. You'd think you'd run into one Goldstein somewhere in the galaxy. But you don't.

The only time Jews are in any game is when they're being made fun of, like in GTA.

So basically....you want to kill more Jews?

I honestly hadn't noticed a lack of Jewish fellas in games. I've noticed game publishers have been a lot more Jewish lately though.

Longo_2_guns said:
The only time Jews are in any game is when they're being made fun of, like in GTA.

I like them, they have a sense of humor. Blacks and other minorities sometimes do not.
I hadn't really noticed it either, but if someone made a pro-Nazi FPS... I think it would sell pretty well, sadly.

There probably isn't more of a push for it because I don't know if they care as much as others that they aren't in as many games. Other minorities tend to make points about saying "why aren't their more black superheroes?" or "why can't minorities play other roles than villains"? Plus you can tell a character is Black/Hispanic, how can you make it obvious a character is Jewish without being grossly offensive.. (anyone?) - should a character make an announcement in the game that they are Jewish? That would be kinda awkward if it has no bearing on the story in the game.

Obligatory Saboteur post.

256px-Official_Saboteur_Game_Cover_Art.JPG

I was mostly just bringing it up as a sort of food for thought thing. And it doesn't have to be anything major. Just have a side character who wears a yarmulke on Sundays. Or is it Saturday? Either way.

You wear one everyday, or only at temple.

I think that would be a neat customization thing to put on a character though

No one really declares their faith in most games; for all we know Soap from Call of Duty could be a muslim or Hindi or whatever. Usually it's that little detail that is left out or doesn't really matter. Does Shepard in ME declare for jesus?

And those Jewish rebels in Medieval total war..shit, ass kickers.

If I'm not mistaken any game with a bank has Jews.

I also heard there's this new epic RPG coming out where Jew is a class, just like in real life! I can't remember what it's called.

It's been confirmed that Mario and Luigi are indeed Catholic while Wario and WaLuigi are Jewish.

Confirmed by me

Any world war 2 game features jews... you have to step over them and you see the bodies in the backgrounds sometimes...

Awww what? Too soon...

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
Wolfenstein.

Blazkowicz, sounds jewish.
You know, i always thought about that all my life... And weren't there jews in Broken swords?

And god darn it... if there's one thing missing in video game are ACTUAL french people... jean reno does not count!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod