What was the most interesting thing you did today?

Longo_2_guns said:
I have to write 30+ pages by the end of the year, all of primary sources and historiography (which is the most bullshit thing ever).

Luckily, I realized there are people with even less of an idea on what they're going to do than me.
So that makes me happy.

And tomorrow I start my Marvel Comics class, so I'm looking forward to doing that.

What degree is this thesis going towards?

Undergrad in History.

The only thing really keeping me away from going to get my masters right after is the fact that post-grad work for history is like that, but much worse.

Longo_2_guns said:
Undergrad in History.

The only thing really keeping me away from going to get my masters right after is the fact that post-grad work for history is like that, but much worse.

Ahh. Hope eyebrows doesn't see this, because if he does, he'll espouse to you the worthlessness of a history degree (in his opinion).

I never had to do a thesis paper for my music degree. I just had to do two recitals instead.

Believe me, he and I have talked before about the merits of a history degree.
It's all I'm good at, though.

Oh yeah, another interesting thing I did today was I got started in a football Pick 8. I've never really been big into fantasy sports, because I can't be assed to learn about all the players I don't care about, so this works out well for me.

I'm competing against my dad and his friends, among others, so my goal is to completely dominate all of them. Really, though, I just want to beat one or two of them.

Chris_Crime said:
No, just a history of bullshit.
Kanye-west-laugh.gif

Bretimus_v2 said:
Apparently I say weird things when I have a fever of 103.

28602-Christopher-Walken-fever-cowbe-CBq0.gif

Today I came THIS close to getting arrested.
this_close_man.jpg

Apparently Britsh Columbia isn't the laid-back stoner province of Canada they'd like you to believe and Victoria cops aren't lenient on the subject, they're just dicks.

There was a wiff of marijuana in the air out front this really awesome cafe that is known to have guests who partake in said drug. Police happened to be on the scene, smelt it, and were quick to hunt down the culprit by searching people in the crowd. Thank God we didn't have anything on us besides that one joint that was quickly outed and kicked into a nearby sewer drain.

Unfortunately other people who were smoking weren't so lucky. They were caught with a big bag of grass and arrested. Sucks to be them.

But the thing is I'd never see that in Toronto. That might sound a little smug but it's true. So you'd figure going to BC would be like leaving a Phish concert and going to see Cheech and Chong lol.

That's why I never smoke weed in public. That and I hate being high in public.

But anyway, I had my first class yesterday. It started out as a total nightmare, since first of all the guy who I taught it with before had all of the power points, and I didn't get any from him until an hour before I had to leave. So I spent an hour rehearsing before I went and ended up being one of the last few people there. Which wasn't what I wanted, since I originally intended on getting there early and hear what people were saying. Anyway, I got to the room, and due to the bureaucracy there wasn't a projector in the room. I asked for two things for my class, a two hour time slot and a projector. I got neither of these two things.

So instead, we just stole a nearby lecture hall, and from then on things went smoothly. People weren't very talkative, but that's sorta to be expected on the first day. Still, we joked around a lot and had a really good time. The only problem was that we went too fast through the material, so I was done within like an hour rather than the two I planned with discussion. No one really talked, but I did get people to laugh.

But out of the 30 or so people who applied for the class, I had about 17 people show up. Which is a great turnout. That and a couple of my friends audited the class.

So all in all it went pretty well.

Only 30 pages?!

It is a worthless degree, but longo has rich parents, so it's cool. Supply and demand, it's this basic economic thing that chris_crime doesn't understand, beyond someone demands something and someone should supply it for free. Like food, shelter, healthcare, blow jobs, you know, the basics.

NickKmet said:
Green_Lantern said:
You're going to have to move down to Colorado at the start of 2014 Wicked. Legal weed for everyone!

He could just go to Washington. It's a lot closer.

And just as cold and rife with hipsters!

Here I did a quick quick experiment for me and longo. here is a list: http://www.schoolspring.com/searchform.cfm?newsearch=

There are currently 251 social studies (history teacher, for the most part) openings across the country on that site. the fucking country. Considering we graduate about 30000 BA's (05-06 numbers) a year in history alone...

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
It is a worthless degree, but longo has rich parents, so it's cool.
Well, not really. But still, I don't really intend to go out and get a high school teaching career straight out of college.

WickedLiquid said:
But the thing is I'd never see that in Toronto. That might sound a little smug but it's true. So you'd figure going to BC would be like leaving a Phish concert and going to see Cheech and Chong lol.

I hate how cops get their dicks wet on weed. Like metermaid quotas

Not today, but it was yesterday...

Yesterday I had the day off work and I went to my Judo coach's school where he works. He actually teaches Judo there as a school subject, and he and one of our other coaches (my best friend) were running a student-only judo competition... I got to help a little by operating the scoreboard.

Went to the gym later and the gym owner asked me to draw something else on the blackboard... she asked me to draw one of those "Train InSaiyan" designs, so here it is...

tumblr_msoyg6oMjk1sh89djo1_1280.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle