Black Friday! Friday!

De-Ting

Rookie
What did you do Black Friday?

I stupidly decided to try Walmart at 10PM on Thursday. There wasn't a square foot of floor that wasn't occupied by someone...except the clothing department. After my brother and I escaped from that cesspool, we went to join the Target line and waited til midnight. We got in and out pretty quickly with a gaming chair and Rage Anarchy edition on PS3 for $30 each.

Then we went home and slept.

Tonight, after the hype had worn down, we went to Best Buy and got two PS Move Sharpshooters for $20 each, and another Nav for $15. We also bought Dragon Age II for $30 there. Then we went to GameStop and bought NBA JAM for $20.

And this is just me and my brother. My dad and stepmom went out and bought almost every game we had on our lists. I'll tell you about those come Christmas.

Also, Cyber Monday.

I got dragon age 2 about a month ago for 13$ off the target clearance section. so black friday fail.

I bought two pairs of jeans. That's it.

The only thing I got from Walmart was Forza 4, and the only other stop I made I picked up a Samsonite (I was way off) carry on suitcase and a set of sateen bed sheets.

Came really close to getting the Zelda 3DS from Best Buy but decided not to.

Got the $199 250GB Xbox 360 bundle on BestBuy.com. Then got a shitload of gifts for other people, mostly toys. Gifts for myself? Umm, a few budget bin 360 games and a pack of HDMI cables.

used44 said:
Got the $199 250GB Xbox 360 bundle on BestBuy.com. Then got a shitload of gifts for other people, mostly toys. Gifts for myself? Umm, a few budget bin 360 games and a pack of HDMI cables.

How much did you pay for the HDMI cables? Because buying them retail is a real bad deal; they're like 2$ per 6 feet on newegg.

Bought The Matrix Collection on Bluray on Amazon. I was going to try Best Buy at midnight but when I drove up and saw all the tents I said fuck it.

My brother and I went over to Walmart at 10 PM to attempt to score Battlefield 3 for the X360.

They have everybody surrounding the boxes of XBox games in the back, then start moving them up to the vision center. So the herd migrates. They tell us to form a line, so we do. Then they do absolutely nothing as a second line starts forming, purely of people pressing ahead, on the other side of the vision center. Well, actually they did do something, they accommodated them and let them in first! After about 40 minutes in line, I made it to the front, and they were out of BF3. My head nearly exploded.

Went home, extremely pissed off, went to sleep. My mom, who is way more awesome than your mom could ever be, went to K-Mart in the morning and picked it up for me :D Advantageous to be the youngest child.

My friend went for me and scored my a copy of BF3. He also saw a lady punch another lady. Didn't get his phone out quick enough.

Personally...I'd rather pay full price.

I was in New York for the week on thanksgiving break and i was in times square at 11pm thanksgiving night walking around and saw American Eagle outfitters open. So got a new peat coat for $77, 40% off so im pretty happy.

Today (saturday) i managed to find a nice plaid checkered shirt for $14 at Sears, a 511 skinny levis jeans for $40 and coupled with a couple of coupons my friends gave me i dropped the two down to $41 total.

Also got a scarf for $15 at the Seattle premium outlet.

piracer said:
So got a new peat coat

A new Peat Coat? A coat made of peat? I don't know if I could wear a coat made from this:

peat-moss.jpg

:p

Peat's the stuff you're supposed to let your gerbils live in.

Mine came in a hamster cage, with the wood shavings and stuff. Sure, his home was big, but whenever he tried to dig a tunnel, it just collapsed on him instantly. He then vented his frustration by sprinting in his wheel for a few moments.

Poor Pudge. I don't think he was ever really happy...

Got:

160GB PS3 + 2 Games (LBP2 and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One) + 30 days of PS+ = $200

Manage to flow through the wave of Wal-Mart customers by being first in line, waiting a solid 4 hours.

StickyGreenGamer said:
My brother and I went over to Walmart at 10 PM to attempt to score Battlefield 3 for the X360.

They have everybody surrounding the boxes of XBox games in the back, then start moving them up to the vision center. So the herd migrates. They tell us to form a line, so we do. Then they do absolutely nothing as a second line starts forming, purely of people pressing ahead, on the other side of the vision center. Well, actually they did do something, they accommodated them and let them in first! After about 40 minutes in line, I made it to the front, and they were out of BF3. My head nearly exploded.

Went home, extremely pissed off, went to sleep. My mom, who is way more awesome than your mom could ever be, went to K-Mart in the morning and picked it up for me :D Advantageous to be the youngest child.
Yeah, at least yours had some organization. I had no chance. So, I'm waiting for Cyber Monday to see what else I could get.

UghRochester said:
StickyGreenGamer said:

Yeah, at least yours had some organization. I had no chance. So, I'm waiting for Cyber Monday to see what else I could get.

There are four Walmart stores serving this area, each one about 20 minutes from each other at most. Each store paid the Sheriff's Department to have about 12 deputies in the store. And that is about the only way they kept any order. Still, people getting hit, trampled, all that stuff.

Honestly, if I was a shittier person, and didn't mind elbowing and scratching my way to the front I could have gotten it. But I'm not a complete douche and do things like that.

Anyone else see this? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/2 ... 14486.html

^Yeah, my local news mentioned this even though they're in Pittsburgh. I remember reading couple years ago someone dying from being trampled to death. That's fucked up, and like you mentioned, I'm not a douche to push my way through. If I was, you would have seen me in my vid barging through.

The Walmart I went to wasn't anything like that....Yeah it was packed, but no mob mentality what so ever.

Actually I picked up my copy of Forza 4 before 10PM hit. All they did was open the game display cases and let people grab what they wanted. Pretty nice and easy actually.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod