Ow, ow, ow...

How's pain for ya?

• I love pain, it's delightfully painful.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am not a descendant of Marquis de sade, sir.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
JCD said:
I've been pretty lucky. Only major pain I've ever been in was after I got a rock hit off of my head. Other than that, accident free!

Well there was that Bioshock incident you're usually so quick to remind me about.

As for me I'm usually pretty good at avoiding accidents but when I go clumsy I do it with style. Last night I got a bit drunk and managed to smack my head off the counter as I was sitting down, made a fucker of a bang too, like belting the floor with a cricket bat.

Another time I was drilling holes in a wall (yes, there was a reason, I had to 'perforate' it to take a chunk out so we could put a safe in there). The drill bit got stuck on something and somehow the handle spun out of my hand and clocked me under the chin. The pain came soon after that, it felt like my head was going to explode directly after the ringing faded. It was odd because the injury site didn't hurt at all but my teeth ached and my skull felt like it was about to dissolve.

Sam

I dislocated my knee when I was 17, and it didn't go back into place. An ambulance had to come, they drugged me up, took me to the hospital, and after 45 minutes of agony, the doctor straightened out my leg and it went right back into place.

What gets me is I asked the paramedics if they could fix it. The reply was something along the lines of "No, but the doctor will probably just straighten your leg, and then it should go back into place," which begs the question: why the hell couldn't they have done it instead of driving me 2 cities away?

I'm sure there's some legal nonsense involved, but it just seemed ridiculous to me at the time...

maca2kx said:
JCD said:
I've been pretty lucky. Only major pain I've ever been in was after I got a rock hit off of my head. Other than that, accident free!

Well there was that Bioshock incident you're usually so quick to remind me about.
I guess so, but I wasn't really awake for most of that.

I was sledding down snow covered hill when I was about 9 years old. Being the genius that I am, I decided to sled down the one part of the hill that had an obstruction at the bottom of it.

Here I come barreling down this hill and BAM, I break through the backstop behind homeplate on the baseball field at the bottom of the hill. Broke my arm just below the shoulder.

I tried walking back up the snow/ice covered hill to get back to my parents and their car and ended up slipping on the ice several times, breaking my arm again in my lower arm, and once again, chipping a piece of my elbow off.

It was pretty hardcore.

maca2kx said:
Another time I was drilling holes in a wall (yes, there was a reason, I had to 'perforate' it to take a chunk out so we could put a safe in there). The drill bit got stuck on something and somehow the handle spun out of my hand and clocked me under the chin. The pain came soon after that, it felt like my head was going to explode directly after the ringing faded. It was odd because the injury site didn't hurt at all but my teeth ached and my skull felt like it was about to dissolve.

Sam

There's a spot on the tip of the chin that when hit shakes the brain and causes such pain. boxers know a lot about it.

Also, I found some old pictures of my old wound:
lalala.jpg

I have broken both of my arms at once, sprained one after it got better, and I fractured the other after it got better too. So yeah I can probably deal with pain by now.

A couple of years ago some dude kicked me so i fell backwards into a nail or something. Blood everywhere. It wasnt so painful though.

I also remember back when i played rugby. I was on the ground, and this dude twice my size jumped on my head. Now that was painful.

But in general pain doesnt bother me.

trust_no_one said:
Haha, sweet, though I don't know how many people will catch on as to who Marquis de Sade is...err, was.
Salo, a movie adaptation of de Sade's book The 120 Days of Sodom directed by Pier Pasolini, is among my favourites.
Movies > books. And only Pasolini can re-create de Sade...

vinkrukken said:
I also remember back when i played rugby. I was on the ground, and this dude twice my size jumped on my head. Now that was painful..

If he was wearing studs shouldnt u like...be dead now?

MattAY said:
vinkrukken said:
I also remember back when i played rugby. I was on the ground, and this dude twice my size jumped on my head. Now that was painful..

If he was wearing studs shouldnt u like...be dead now?

I dont think he was wearing metal studs, and it wasnt a full power jump. And he only hit my chin with one of his feet. Hurt pretty bad though.

aw i imagined a full power jump. Ouch though.

I remember my friend was once in a scrum, it collapsed. And one of of the opposition had moulded studs, and when they wear away they can get pretty sharp on the edges - and my friend got a ridiculously massive cut down the side of his face. He now has a badass scar from just below his eye to his chin - deathproof style!

Well at least he got a badass scar. Imagine having a heart shaped scar or something like that. That would suck.

I didnt get a scar that day. I got plenty of other scars though. And most of them for idiotic reasons.

Pain is an aquired taste, most are afraid of it and avoid it. There are some however who relish pain and it makes them feel alive, it's not that I go out and hurt myself all the time but I do like some pain every once and a while. Give it a try you never know you could be a freak like me :)

When I was three I stuck my right index finger into a bicycle chain; almost took the tip completely off, did go into the bone. Sewed it up, and off I went. A few weeks later, my mom was bathing me, and the finger was leaking blood. Turns out the missed some grease. Stuck my finger in Iodine for 2 weeks, they cleaned the gunk. Total cost: $10,000.

When I was five I broke my arm falling off the monkey bars onto a root. When I was six, playing freeze tag, I was standing in the safety zone, when a kid ran right into me. He was fine. I lost my vision. I woke up hours later in the emergency room, after a catscan.

Nothing was really wrong, except it left me with a slight speech impediment where I sometimes replace the first letters of two words (like "Miami Heat" will come out "Hiami Meat"), but worse it triggered my migraines. I haven't had one in eight years, but it starts with weird shapes and colors flashing in my eyes, then I begin to lose feeling in sections of one side of my body, like first my hand, then my face, then my leg, etc. This is followed by light sensitivity nausea where if I'm not in completely darkness I puke out my guts along with any pain killers I may have just consumed, and then go into drive heaving, and then the headache starts. Its like someone has a jackhammer and a train pressed against the inside of my skull. For eight hours.

I haven't gotten it and don't want to, but supposedly to help alleviate the pain there is a suppository.

[quote="Trippysmurf" ]When I was six, playing freeze tag, I was standing in the safety zone, when a kid ran right into me. He was fine. I lost my vision. I woke up hours later in the emergency room, after a catscan.

Nothing was really wrong, except it left me with a slight speech impediment where I sometimes replace the first letters of two words (like "Miami Heat" will come out "Hiami Meat"), but worse it triggered my migraines. I haven't had one in eight years, but it starts with weird shapes and colors flashing in my eyes, then I begin to lose feeling in sections of one side of my body, like first my hand, then my face, then my leg, etc. This is followed by light sensitivity nausea where if I'm not in completely darkness I puke out my guts along with any pain killers I may have just consumed, and then go into drive heaving, and then the headache starts. Its like someone has a jackhammer and a train pressed against the inside of my skull. For eight hours.

I haven't gotten it and don't want to, but supposedly to help alleviate the pain there is a suppository.[/quote]Have you ever felt like meeting up with that kid who ran into to you and just beating the shit out of him?If that had happned to me I would hunt him down...

hmm... most painful...may i share a few? yes? ok.

uhh, 6 years old, i jumped off a swing and my foot broke, all the tissue in my ankle and foot ripped, and being the 6 year old i was, i walked on it, and rode my bike on it, and didnt stop till my friends told me my foot was going to fall off.

9 years old, i got my ring caught in a dog collar when i went to stop it from running away, and it twisted litterally, all the way around. the x-rays showed the finger was barely conected anymore, and if my skin was ripped, i might not have a ring finger today

electricthunder said:
]Have you ever felt like meeting up with that kid who ran into to you and just beating the s*** out of him?If that had happned to me I would hunt him down...

As it happened in the first grade, I don't even remember the name of the kid, nor do I really care that much. I haven't had one in 8 years, and so long as I continue to remain physically inactive, I don't think one will be in my future.

Also now I think I'd just smoke myself retarded on the onset of a migraine, pass out, and wait for it to end.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod