iPhone Fun

Would you buy an iPhone?

• I already did!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would if it didn't cost as much as a computer. . .

• I won't switch to AT&T

• I don't need a phone like that.

• Apple sucks.

• Total voters

matdevdug

Rookie
So here I am sitting with my friend Mark who got his iPhone yesterday and I thought we might throw out some info to the GR crowd about it.

Mark actually had a horrible first experience with the phone and had to wait 12 hours to get the activation email from AT&T. Everything on the Apple side of things went well but as for AT&A they have been dropping the ball from the very beginning of the experience. Once we got the phone working though we hooked it up to iTunes and let it do its thing.

The iPhone is slick and amazingly tough. This thing doesn't scratch, and it feels very sturdy. The actual phone is really thin and everything about it is really pretty. The actual user interface is beautiful and, while the screen seems to attract dirt a bit, you can't see the dirt when the phone is on because the screen is so bright, even on the default low level. On the highest level this thing isn't a phone, its a light.

The music playing feature works great and the earphones that allow you to take a call work well too. The iPod side of things is great and makes me wish that Apple had released an ipod with these kinds of features. Audio quality is good here in Philadelphia for phone calls and the visual voicemail feature works great. The whole calling experience is really easy and pain-free.

As for the internet, it works great with wi-fi. However the EDGE network is so slow that it really isn't worth your time. It works best when you give it a specific task to do like pull up a map quickly, but for general surfing it is a waste of time. The mail feature works well and the keyboard takes some getting used to but I am already typing pretty quickly as is Mark, so that isn't as big of a problem as some thought it might be.

Overall this thing is pretty cool, and even though I had no intention of getting one before now that I have used it I have to say it is the best phone I have ever laid my hands on and it really converts you. If you have the money, I would suggest getting one. If you don't or want to wait for the second generation, this thing is only going to get better. Apple has an amazing product here.

What I don't understand is why they didn't include the 3G network with the phone. They tout it's web browsing capabilities and put it on a slow ass network? Come on.

But yea, it is a sexy phone but if I ever do get one myself, it'll be of a future generation.

Too many features for a phone. All I need for it to do is send and receive phone calls and text messages. Possibly make me ham sandwiches, but that is absolutely it.

Don't it cost in the thousands in the long run (5 years of contracts)? I would buy too if I had the money. I'm sure some preps will have it by the start of the next school year.

Yeah

It does cost a lot in the long-term, but the contract is a two-year affair like all phones. As for the poor guy who dropped it, well, the great thing is that it doesn't really matter. We actually ran the sharp edge of some keys across the screen a few times and there wasn't a scratch on the glass. This phone is really tough.

What I don't like is people saying its the most advanced phone on the planet seeing how Nokia N95 outperforms it in every single capacity.

-BBK

I might get one when the price goes down, but my phone now plays music, has 3G, takes pictures, and does a lot of the stuff iPhone does.

http://www.gadgetcentre.com/news/article/mps/UAN/1076/v/1/sp/

I'd rather get this here phone...

O2-Cocoon.jpg

-BBK

My cousin got one, so I got to mess with it for a minute. Cool, but it is a Crapple product and thus is crap.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod