What do you think about how well these forums are run?

Are you happy with the current modship?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
LinksOcarina said:
Maybe im missing something, because it seems like it's fine to me. True the misc. forum is kind of congested, but some topics there are actually worth a read. The rest is kind of dead, and they need to be revitalized somehow, but it seems like the forums being run well.

Look at the cooksters recent pedophile topic. That should have been deleted, only his post was deleted after about two pages and a lot of argument. Look at that guy egamegold, he went around copying everyones posts. Only when I informed TNO of this was anything done. Look at Narutofan. He should have been banned after his first twenty spam posts. I believe he now has over fifty and I do not think he has been banned, or even warned.

The thing is, moderation shouldn't be a part-time thing. It should be constant and consistent.^ They are just a very few examples. There are many more.

How have the mods become horrible, again? The boards strike me as they have always been since 2000 or whenever I joined.

I think it's a faulty question. The forums aren't run. None of the mods or grandmasters ever come here except TNO who pokes his head in once in a while to make sure we haven't burned the place down.
Still, the boards are in pretty bad shape.

/\ That's the problem, GR needs moderators not to consistently cast their shadow but to invigilate the boards in a more passive way, ready to sort out problems as and when they arise.

Sam

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, maca. Elaborate, please. What does this "invigilation" entail doing?

Sad said:
How have the mods become horrible, again? The boards strike me as they have always been since 2000 or whenever I joined.

You think they are the same?

They really strike me as different from back then when I look back on it. Seems as different to call it night and day in my opinion.

Sad said:
I'm not entirely sure what you mean, maca. Elaborate, please. What does this "invigilation" entail doing?

Close supervision. And I agree with him completely.

GR's always seemed to have had fairly inactive mods, at least when it comes to banning. I always recall a couple of weeks of begging the GMs before certain notorious posters were banned. But I do agree that things have become even worse as of late, as back then the obvious problems were at least cleared up.

As opposed to other boards I've been to, GR's modship has always been at about a C level at best.

I agree that moderators are needed for such things as naruto the spammer and topics like the pedophile story, but other than that, I don't want something like that religious forum. Moderators should fix problems, not impose their will on everyone. I like being able to say what I want, possibly make a fun, pointless thread, etc.

^ And you won't find a single person arguing this on the "need moderators" side. That is what Mala and I have been saying.

JCD said:
Sad said:

Close supervision. And I agree with him completely.

Yeah that's exactly what I mean. Mods on standby until required.

Sam

Okay this has been a great turnout. Thanks for voting, everyone.

It's great to see the thinking majority of GR are thinking, still. I gots tha faith.

I'll be honest, I used to like TNO. Until the whole Black Star drama that happened with him getting banned. That was total bullshit IMO. Maybe BlackStar was out of line for arguing with TNO and making 50 spam topics for him to delete, maybe he should've been silenced or temporarily banned for a day. But to completely ban one of GR's funniest posters was when I began to truly question TNO's ability to mod a forum.

Not to mention Optimus Crime, who was so pissed off at TNO for banning Black Star he asked himself to be banned as well. That whole drama scene cost us two awesome posters.

But anyways, I don't know why mala isn't a mod anymore, or Masterchris, or any of the others who were made mod and then had their position taken away. But I think it's fair to give it back to them.

Or why don't we vote for who we want to mod? Those who want to run, explain why you would make a good mod for GR. And the people will decide who should run things.

Makes sense to me, but it'll never happen.

GhostTrip said:
I don't know why mala isn't a mod anymore, or Masterchris, or any of the others who were made mod and then had their position taken away. But I think it's fair to give it back to them..

I was apparently demodded for "the good of GR". In English, that means disagreeing with tno. I didn't actually do anything wrong, though dave matthews in a pithy defense once cited me posting this picture in a shane topic as a good reason. Here it is again, because it's a masterpiece:

shanerb7.jpg

MC I dont know about, but ted resigned after tno was on his case and mikey got dished the same reasoning as I did.

Yeah, it's a beaut. Apparently it makes me a bad moderator though.

I think it's the -5 stamina mspainting of chastity.

hmm, now that you mention it, at the time he did pin the whole livechat's dislike of him on me....Could it be he's jealous of the lizard humping goodness?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod